Bears Free Agency only

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really whining just feels very dependent on one player, the 3T DT. What if he gets hurt? Why is this some unicorn position that no one else can play?

I mean Ogunjobi is worth 13 million a year but you can't pay a Superbowl winning C in Allen 8 million a year to protect your number 1 player?

Feels like offense takes a back seat to Def again, seen this movie before.

3 tech in cover 2 IS kind of a unicorn position

prob only 1 or 2 studs in the league at any given time

honestly, imo, it's the most annoying thing about cover/tampa 2. Stud 3 techs are so goddamn hard to find.

It's why people lost their fuckin mind (rightly) when Lovie missed out on Aaron Donald by one pic.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Not really whining just feels very dependent on one player, the 3T DT. What if he gets hurt? Why is this some unicorn position that no one else can play?

I mean Ogunjobi is worth 13 million a year but you can't pay a Superbowl winning C in Allen 8 million a year to protect your number 1 player?

Feels like offense takes a back seat to Def again, seen this movie before.

If you don't have a functioning 3 technique, the 4 front will be ripped to shreds in case other teams wanted to gut them up the middle. This is the most important position in the transition back to a 4 man defensive front.

You don't sign someone under a callous pretense of "but what if he gets hurt," especially when he has a history of being pretty consistently healthy his 5 years in the NFL already.

How are you so sure even if the bears did call/offer lucritive $$$ to Brad Allen, he would have just said 'pass' for the team that drafted him, gave him a generous raise, and he just won a fucking superbowl with?

The bears are still allowed to sign a C in FA. Chill man. It's day 1 of the tampering period.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I haven’t done enough homework on this signing but the draft did seem weak at the 3 tech DT spot. At 27 years old he might have some room to grow and 7 sacks is impressive.

Not signing an offensive player as your potential only ‘big’ free agent is disappointing but it’s still early. If it was an overpay - it had to be a slight overpay compared to a lot of the deals signed so far.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Ok so by the replies here the rationale is the Bears are too shitty to attract FAs that are "good" so we need to overpay.

This seems true on offense and defense. And we have all said this team probably won't compete this year or maybe even next year.

So why focus on the unicorn DT 3T? Ogunjobi is gonna magically make us a competitor now?

How about protecting your "franchise" quarterback, you know like the new GM said he was going to do in his press conference?

Instead you blow your wad on a 3T DT cause it gets your head coach a hard on? I thought coach was used to adapting his scheme to fit the players he had? What happened to that line of crap we were sold?

Today shows the defense is the focus, not protecting and developing Fields. I am not ok with that because it represents the same old shit we've been doing for fucking ever.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Mack v Ogun argument can’t be settled until the draft / round 2 is complete.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish i can remember who the r3tard was that told me bilal nicjols was going to replace hicks..

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Ok so by the replies here the rationale is the Bears are too shitty to attract FAs that are "good" so we need to overpay.

This seems true on offense and defense. And we have all said this team probably won't compete this year or maybe even next year.

So why focus on the unicorn DT 3T? Ogunjobi is gonna magically make us a competitor now?

How about protecting your "franchise" quarterback, you know like the new GM said he was going to do in his press conference?

Instead you blow your wad on a 3T DT cause it gets your head coach a hard on? I thought coach was used to adapting his scheme to fit the players he had? What happened to that line of crap we were sold?

Today shows the defense is the focus, not protecting and developing Fields. I am not ok with that because it represents the same old shit we've been doing for fucking ever.
Today shows nothing. They are 10 hours into their first offseason with this GM.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That’s the glass half full version. We shall see
Yes, it is . To make a point. But to bitch about a "career year" for a guy who has only played a few years is ridiculous.

What this guy becomes we will see. But you have been on the ledge all day after hearing the news. Come on in. It will be fine.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

No one player is going to magically make the Bears a competitor. But no matter who is GM or how smart they are or how much money they have to spend or how hard they try, a GM can only sign one guy at a time. He can't package an entire D or offense and sign them in one minute.

And we already should know this team is more likely to spend in phase 2 and even 3. Fewer big names. Fewer big salaries. And, yes, probably less of a big impact this offseason.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, it is . To make a point. But to bitch about a "career year" for a guy who has only played a few years is ridiculous.

What this guy becomes we will see. But you have been on the ledge all day after hearing the news. Come on in. It will be fine.
Hey I’m very glad he only overpaid for one player so far. That’s progress from Pace.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ffs

it has been explained 3 times

you must be a newer fan cause most of us remember the difference between Lovie's tampa-2 with Tommie Harris and without

Not that Ogun is Tommie Harris

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Alex Brown said it
And like I said and showed, Alex Brown is an idiot with that comment.

Mack's top 10 plays in the 2016 season show that 80% of those plays came from the opposite side of where Quinn plays.

It was a weak comment from Alex Brown and now it became a "fact" to you because Alex Brown said that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I like the player. We need the position filled. Here is my problem with the signing. It signals that we are trying to be competitive this year which is stupid. I would have only filled defensive players with cheap or minimum players. Spend every big free agent dollar and draft pick on Oline and WR. Then next year with our cap space and picks you can start mixing in defense. Does us no good to try to finish 7-10 this year. All this year is for is developing fields and the offense around him long term. Why cant the bears hire me instead of a “professional”. Me and many on this board would be much wiser.

Im telling you poles thinks he can compete for the playoffs this year. I have zero faith in the new regime. Zero. Even if they sign fisher and Juju next (which is what i would do), this signing while a good player and not as much an overpay as we may think, was a waste.