My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
We see every year that contracts can be easily manipulated to make the cap seem nonexistent. Not sure why we have to have a discussion every offseason of teams that will have to rebuild because of the cap. NO has shown it isn't accurate for like 5 straight years
I think it is because this is a roster bonus vs signing bonus. I think they could extend him with more voids years and spread it out though (to your point)

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Really curious on AR. If the price comes down I wonder if he comes back?

Slim pickings if JuJu is gone elsewhere especially

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Working over time to sell him to the fans lol. We get it idt anyone hates the pickup. Just people would rather a bone thrown to their second year qb
That’s because people are stupid. You can’t grossly overpay and/or sign guys who you don’t think are a great fit just to “throw Fields a bone”.

Good teams are patient and show restraint in FA.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's the Brady faulty logic too. Everyone now assumes that since Brady played well into his 40s that it's going to happen again with Rodgers. Brady is the 1st QB in NFL history to win an MVP after the age of 40. Rodgers could EASILY start to fade in the next year or 2. Probably more likely than not actually.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
We see every year that contracts can be easily manipulated to make the cap seem nonexistent. Not sure why we have to have a discussion every offseason of teams that will have to rebuild because of the cap. NO has shown it isn't accurate for like 5 straight years
When he is retired, the cap hit cashes in.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This approach during the John Fox era was one of the things Pace got right.

How he went from that to the cap spending nut by the end of his tenure I have no idea.
I think he thought he had the foundation built so he was trying to take advantage of Mitch's rookie contract, basically going all in on a team he thought could win the superbowl. He just missed on Trubisky and Nagy, which are massive misses of course, and now you have a mess to clean up as a result. If we had a superbowl win to show for it then it would have made it a lot more palatable.