Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Would something like that even be public record?
It must be. He said the stipulation was in there so he must have read it somewhere

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
She’s 100 years old, of course her health sucks. Also find it lolz the family is in crisis. When someone gets into upper 80s and 90s you’re pretty well mentally prepared for their death.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Would something like that even be public record?
It depends on the type forward directive she must have by now. If she has a trust, that is not public record, can be executed immediately and there is no probate.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dis bish dead yet?

Only way this loser team changes for the good.
Unfortunately I think Virginia is really the only one that really wants the team to win, but we don’t know who makes what decisions entirely

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately I think Virginia is really the only one that really wants the team to win, but we don’t know who makes what decisions entirely

K well she had to of figured out, at some point in the last 90 years, that not only was she not qualified to run an NFL franchise, but neither are the vast majority of Men she hired to do it for her.

Anyone with a sense of pride in the Bears would have noticed the pattern of failure, the desire for continuing income, and simply realized, you could do better selling the team and buying dividend stocks if you just want a Quarterly check.

Then they'd sell the Bears to someone who has the money and passion to make a new go of it, and enjoy the money.

Ginny coulda put in a stipulation that she gets access to the Owners box or her own box for all the games until she dies, if that's all she wanted was to watch them lose horribly most Sundays until she dies.

If you're bad at something, you shouldn't just keep doing it until you die because you're lazy.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
K well she had to of figured out, at some point in the last 90 years, that not only was she not qualified to run an NFL franchise, but neither are the vast majority of Men she hired to do it for her.

Anyone with a sense of pride in the Bears would have noticed the pattern of failure, the desire for continuing income, and simply realized, you could do better selling the team and buying dividend stocks if you just want a Quarterly check.

Then they'd sell the Bears to someone who has the money and passion to make a new go of it, and enjoy the money.

Ginny coulda put in a stipulation that she gets access to the Owners box or her own box for all the games until she dies, if that's all she wanted was to watch them lose horribly most Sundays until she dies.

If you're bad at something, you shouldn't just keep doing it until you die because you're lazy.
Then it begs to question if she makes any of the decisions or had she actually left it to others and all she wants is the ability to go to the games and sit in a luxury box. I do know that there are 2 other owners helping make decisions as well. I would love to hear their take on this franchise for the last 40 years and about the people making decisions and if they have helped in these decisions at all. They seem to keep very quiet

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then it begs to question if she makes any of the decisions or had she actually left it to others and all she wants is the ability to go to the games and sit in a luxury box. I do know that there are 2 other owners helping make decisions as well. I would love to hear their take on this franchise for the last 40 years and about the people making decisions and if they have helped in these decisions at all. They seem to keep very quiet

Must be nice to fail at business, be silent and invisible, and still rake in millions and live like a King.

Good society we've set up here.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Must be nice to fail at business, be silent and invisible, and still rake in millions and live like a King.

Good society we've set up here.
If we all could we all would……at least it sounds like a good theory. I seriously wonder at her advanced age how much control over the team she actually has and for how long…..although it won’t matter soon it sounds like.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
She has enough control to have fired the HoneyBears in '86 and kept them from coming back since even though they work for free and raise money for charity.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think they all want to win. They are just too stupid to get out of their own way.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
She has enough control to have fired the HoneyBears in '86 and kept them from coming back since even though they work for free and raise money for charity.
Are we certain it’s just her that’s wants them kept out?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Likely not coincidence. When did Virginia take control of the Bears?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When her idiot husband Ed died
Nope. He married in and was pres. Virginia was Halas's oldest child and inherited the team just before the SB year. Next year, the Honey Bears were gone.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They didn’t pay them? What a dick move

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
She’s 100 years old, of course her health sucks. Also find it lolz the family is in crisis. When someone gets into upper 80s and 90s you’re pretty well mentally prepared for their death.
I don't think this discussion is about whether the family is emotionally prepared for her death. I think it touches on how legally and financially prepared they are. A lot of decisions come next for them. Are they all set or will it be chaos?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think this discussion is about whether the family is emotionally prepared for her death. I think it touches on how legally and financially prepared they are. A lot of decisions come next for them. Are they all set or will it be chaos?
How could they not be set? The Chicago Bears Org is a multi billion dollar business. They have had contingencies set for the past two decades