2022 Blackhawks Trades/Signings

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the rebuild was indeed going to take only 3 years, by all means you keep Hagel.

Call me a cynical bastage (or a fargin icehole if you want), but I think even considering 5 years for the rebuild is very ambitious. The D-cupboards are just that bare and we got nothing. 5 years might work if we did have a #1 and a #2-3 D-man already being developed, but we don't even have that, and getting those pieces would likely mean both Hagel and Debrincat are gone to do so--if not any/every other asset we have that's worth more than fermented smegma.

And honestly, I'd be listening to offers for both El Gato and Seth Jones as well--even though I think Jones is unlikely. Debrincat's asking price has to be that much higher than Hagel's though, and Hagel should be commanding at least a can't miss-prospect in an area we lack.

I just think it would be ill-advised for the 'hawks to jump the gun on Hagel or Debrincat and moving them. The 'hawks don't have any other pieces that would really command a lot from the rest of the league--maybe Kane but he is still at 10.5M vs. ~6M for Debrincat and ~1.5M for Hagel. A loss in a trade moving them could set us back further than keeping them in my estimation. Hence, "can't miss".
This...

I laughed when they said Seth Jones is untouchable...

???why? Maybe because he's overpaid but we can't use his offense and his defense doesn't help in a rebuild by adding continuity or something.

Eat half his salary and get what you can from the maple leafs for example. Like with Hagel...neither might survive the length of this rebuild still worth anything...we should be looking for assets that can be parlayed again potentially for future assets. That means multiple packages that contain a grab bag of players, picks, values, and goalies and trusting in our machine to develop talent and attract foreign players to organization if you have Kane.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This...

???why? Maybe because he's overpaid but we can't use his offense and his defense doesn't help in a rebuild by adding continuity or something.

Eat half his salary and get what you can from the maple leafs for example. Like with Hagel...neither might survive the length of this rebuild still worth anything...we should be looking for assets that can be parlayed again potentially for future assets. That means multiple packages that contain a grab bag of players, picks, values, and goalies and trusting in our machine to develop talent and attract foreign players to organization if you have Kane.
Eating five million dollars for eight years is worth eight first round picks. No team is going to do that nor will the nhl allow that.

Seth is untradeable.

If the Av’s really asked about Kane and scoffed at Newhook, Byram and a couple firsts for really good two shots at winning a Cup, they’re stupid.

But, with Kane being this close to being the holder of the most career points for an original six team and solidifying his place as the greatest American player of all time, I highly doubt the Hawks move him for anything less then a complete fleece.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This...

You can't eat half his salary with that many years left on his contract. So yeah, he is "untouchable" because of his contract.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Man March 21st just seems like a crazy late trade deadline date...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This...

Eat half his salary and get what you can from the maple leafs for example.

You can't eat half his salary with that many years left on his contract. So yeah, he is "untouchable" because of his contract.
So the max we can give is about $15,000,000 to the first 3 years or 10 and 2?

I guess he is stuck here padding career offense numbers for half a decade...he'll probably be the last relic of the Bowman Hawks for several years.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This...

Yeah...no.

My point was if someone asks about Seth Jones, we listen, but we most certainly do not put the 'hawks at a disadvantage for 8 years with eating salary because whatever he could bring back on a trade is not worth it to eat cap during a rebuild for that long.

FYI: my take on "untouchable" is that if a team calls asking about a player, the GM immediately hangs up--like if someone called the 'hawks circa 2013 asking about any of the core. Jones' contract might be virtually immovable, but he shouldn't be untouchable. We listen to the offer and if it puts the 'hawks at a disadvantage we tell the other GM to violate an orifice of their choice on the nearest combine harvester, but Davidson certainly should listen to what the offer is.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man March 21st just seems like a crazy late trade deadline date...
Remember this is an Olympic year so even though we didn't have them the season finishes on April 30 about 2.5 weeks later than most seasons so hence the pushed back deadline. I believe its usually around march 5-10 on other seasons

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yeah...no.

My point was if someone asks about Seth Jones, we listen, but we most certainly do not put the 'hawks at a disadvantage for 8 years with eating salary because whatever he could bring back on a trade is not worth it to eat cap during a rebuild for that long.

FYI: my take on "untouchable" is that if a team calls asking about a player, the GM immediately hangs up--like if someone called the 'hawks circa 2013 asking about any of the core. Jones' contract might be virtually immovable, but he shouldn't be untouchable. We listen to the offer and if it puts the 'hawks at a disadvantage we tell the other GM to violate an orifice of their choice on the nearest combine harvester, but Davidson certainly should listen to what the offer is.
Yeah, if you can move him, especially for a good return, you certainly do it -- but I don't see that happening. No one will want to take that huge contract of our hands without sending a shit contract our way in return. If I had to guess, Jones will be here for at least 4-5 years of his contract. If the Hawks are somehow good at that point and the cap continues to grow, maybe he sticks around longer.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, if you can move him, especially for a good return, you certainly do it -- but I don't see that happening. No one will want to take that huge contract of our hands without sending a shit contract our way in return. If I had to guess, Jones will be here for at least 4-5 years of his contract. If the Hawks are somehow good at that point and the cap continues to grow, maybe he sticks around longer.
Exactly. It wouldn't be to the 'hawks benefit to retain cap on a trade for him. Plus, I do agree that we would have to take a bad contract back in return. The only way that would possibly work is if the contract coming back was SIGNIFICANTLY shorter duration, but I don't see that happening, either.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. It wouldn't be to the 'hawks benefit to retain cap on a trade for him. Plus, I do agree that we would have to take a bad contract back in return. The only way that would possibly work is if the contract coming back was SIGNIFICANTLY shorter duration, but I don't see that happening, either.
So basically,we'd have to pay through the ass to get rid of a player we paid through the ass to get less than a year ago?
I actually like the player(I liked him a lot more a month or so back) but how TF does a GM give up what DUMBASS gave up for a player who'd be available on the open market the following year?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So basically,we'd have to pay through the ass to get rid of a player we paid through the ass to get less than a year ago?
I actually like the player(I liked him a lot more a month or so back) but how TF does a GM give up what DUMBASS gave up for a player who'd be available on the open market the following year?
I usually don’t put blame on the gm but put it on ownership that allows a clown show to continue. It’s beating a dead horse and not hindsight but the best time to have dumped bowman was the year we lucked into the third over all pick. And now we see the cost of keeping this fraud

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Honestly, Jones is better then anybody the Hawks could have taken in this years draft outside of the top two. Boqvist is a pile of shit and is already wearing out his welcome, Sillinger is a stud but there’s no way Blowman would have taken him with that pick, and this years draft is looking better since the Hawks aren’t bad enough to get one of the top two picks.

Wright is going to be a stud. This is the only kid I would be willing to lose the pick next year to get in this years draft. Not buying into the euro with the weird name just yet, and if Savoie was three inches taller he would be a generational kid.

Ltir Kane next year and tank for Bedard.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Honestly... don't hate it. If he would have demanded a trade I would have been fine with that too. At this point he kinda gets a pass from me for all the shit that has gone down and the teams that have wasted him. He's got 3 cups so maybe he just doesn't care to move anywhere else.
Same here. I'm a bit surprised, but then again, not that much. I give the guy kudos for wanting to stick around, because the next few years are going to be rough. But if he wants to, he's damn well earned that right, and although it ultimately hurts the rebuild, I'm not mad about it. Of course, a number of things can happen between now and when he actually re-signs, so I'll believe it when I see it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Same here. I'm a bit surprised, but then again, not that much. I give the guy kudos for wanting to stick around, because the next few years are going to be rough. But if he wants to, he's damn well earned that right, and although it ultimately hurts the rebuild, I'm not mad about it. Of course, a number of things can happen between now and when he actually re-signs, so I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm honestly not sure how much it hurts the rebuild, unless you mean that he will mess up draft spots because he's worth a few wins by himself. A true rebuild is going young which typically means lots of cheap draft picks. His salary won't be as much as before most likely, we'll see but either way it will help keep them toward the top of the cap.

More importantly though he's one of the best players in the league at making those playing with him better. And that's great news for a rebuild. On top of that you still have his name for promotion and keeping fans interested and younger kids in the door at a time when the Bulls popularity is surging again. And then lastly. You always have a piece in your back pocket, if he's willing, to offer up should that big rebuild piece ever come into play somewhere. So if he's honest about coming back, and not just using the hawks to keep other teams offers up, there is a lot of value for the Organization as a whole to make sure they do right by him.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, that's what happens when the ownership keeps a GM who was laid off from H&RBlock. :cool:

I don't hate Jones; it's hard to hate any Ex-Winterhawk, but he's not a 9.5M defenseman. His current salary or even an million or two upgrade would be palatable, and I'm still holding out hope that in a couple of years he stabilizes defensively, like Campbell did.
I usually don’t put blame on the gm but put it on ownership that allows a clown show to continue. It’s beating a dead horse and not hindsight but the best time to have dumped bowman was the year we lucked into the third over all pick. And now we see the cost of keeping this fraud
Exactly. In my opinion, Stan and Q should have both been shown the door after the fiasco of 2018. Start completely fresh in 2019. Yes, I know Q is one of the best coaches ever, but it was obvious at the time he went stale, and the 'hawks needed a change.
Honestly... don't hate it. If he would have demanded a trade I would have been fine with that too. At this point he kinda gets a pass from me for all the shit that has gone down and the teams that have wasted him. He's got 3 cups so maybe he just doesn't care to move anywhere else.
Bingo. If he wants to retire a Blackhawk so be it.