dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Didn't he get in some off field trouble that was bad enough for the Vikings to cut him in his 1st or 2nd year in the league?

Edit, yep he did--
Gladney, 25, was arrested in April 2021 in Dallas after allegedly assaulting a former girlfriend. He was charged with domestic violence by impeding breathing after allegedly "intentionally, knowingly and recklessly" causing bodily injury and applying pressure to the woman's neck and throat.
The altercation grew out of an argument and took place over a span of more than two hours, according to a lawsuit the woman filed last year against Gladney. She also alleged in the suit that he tried to bribe her and intimidate her into keeping quiet.

If he had been convicted he could have been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison.

The Vikings released Gladney last August after he was indicted. Gladney, who was a first-round draft pick in 2020 out of TCU, started 15 games for the Vikings as a rookie.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You could work in incentives based on things like games played.
If he needs monetary incentives to not injure himself, he is just sick in the head.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Houston won't trade Watson to Colts, at least I think I read that. Curious if Browns or someone would trade for Watson and already have a deal in place with Indy, and turn around and make that deal at a profit.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Houston won't trade Watson to Colts, at least I think I read that. Curious if Browns or someone would trade for Watson and already have a deal in place with Indy, and turn around and make that deal at a profit.

the browns seem like they will be moving on from mayfield whether they get watson or not.

i think atlanta would be a team that has a deal nearly in place for matt ryan to be moved if watson were to choose them...his cap hit is enormous and they would have had to already talked to teams to get an idea of whats doable.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the browns seem like they will be moving on from mayfield whether they get watson or not.

i think atlanta would be a team that has a deal nearly in place for matt ryan to be moved if watson were to choose them...his cap hit is enormous and they would have had to already talked to teams to get an idea of whats doable.

Might make more sense.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Be interesting if Watson is in play for ATL. Don’t know Matt Ryan’s contract details, but he’s about done, and most people know it.

Watson is from the Atlanta area.
Ryan's contract is awful for the team, maybe 40MM or something like that for this year.