We Have To Be Better

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
We're losing some talent, sure. Our talent was mis-used. We are not done with free agency additions. In my view, Nagy hurt our team in many ways on and off the field. He was not a good manager. We yet do not know how much he hurt us. He is gone. New Coach has to be better. New GM has to be better. New talent, better coaching. We will have an offense. I hope for some improvement. 8-9?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My current o/u is 6 wins. Unless they get both a good tackle and Juju I don't that changes prior to the season.

I'm not apoplectic about it, I just expect that kind of year coming.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Last year I said I care less about the W/L record than I care about how Fields looks as a rookie. What is one year compared to the prospect of one or two decades of elite quarterback play?

This year... I feel stuck in the same boat. I don't care about the wins as much as I care about where this team can go with Fields at the helm as a long term investment.

Better, to me, will be what happens at the OL and in the WR room.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm already impressed. We will get better. They've made so many great decisions already. I doubt we have a winning record. Last year, this year—both are kind of lost years. Nagy/Pace really fucked up this team. This year is all about supporting Fields and growth. Good play-calling. Young guys evolving. Getting rid of trash, older players, guys that don't bust their asses. I expect our 2nd round picks to be either OL/WR or WR/WR. I'm excited for ALL of the draft picks, as I think these guys will draft better. I'm here for it. And so far, I'm impressed. FA isn't done yet. We'll see if we get a LT/RT.

Last edited:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Our talent was mis-used.
Who was misused and how?
We yet do not know how much he hurt us. He is gone. New Coach has to be better. New GM has to be better. New talent, better coaching. We will have an offense. I hope for some improvement. 8-9?
Still drunk from St. Pattys day? Didn’t stop?

bufordht

Liked Posts:
My current o/u is 6 wins. Unless they get both a good tackle and Juju I don't that changes prior to the season.

I'm not apoplectic about it, I just expect that kind of year coming.
I'll take the over all day.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Team that went 6-11 needs to be better
FR49488_full_1_465x705.jpg

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Losing tons of talent. This is 100% a rebuild year so if we resort to anything I will be happy. FA and draft haul still to be had!

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I'm already impressed. We will get better. They've made so many great decisions already. I doubt we have a winning record. Last year, this year—both are kind of lost years. Nagy/Page really fucked up this team. This year is all about supporting Fields and growth. Good play-calling. Young guys evolving. Getting rid of trash, older players, guys that don't bust their asses. I expect our 2nd round picks to be either OL/WR or WR/WR. I'm excited for ALL of the draft picks, as I think these guys will draft better. I'm here for it. And so far, I'm impressed. FA isn't done yet. We'll see if we get a LT/RT.
Agee 100%!!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Last year I said I care less about the W/L record than I care about how Fields looks as a rookie. What is one year compared to the prospect of one or two decades of elite quarterback play?

This year... I feel stuck in the same boat. I don't care about the wins as much as I care about where this team can go with Fields at the helm as a long term investment.

Exactly........... improvement at WR and OL can happen this year. If so we finally will be able to see what Fields can really do.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly........... improvement at WR and OL can happen this year. If so we finally will be able to see what Fields can really do.
What Receivers are still out there who will be an improvement over last year’s?

Who is still going to be available at 39 who is going to be an improvement over what we had last year (including experience which will obviously be 0)?

I feel terrible for Fields.

Moose said Chicago is where receivers go to die. I would say that’s true, but it’s also true for QBs.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take the over all day.
Maybe. Let's hope you're right.

As of right now their offense consists of bottom tier weapons, well below average O line, play caller that hasn't done it at this level, and a QB that looked often overmatched last year when he was surrounded by suboptimal talent, as he will be this year. Also, rookie WRs generally aren't good right away, so be careful on betting too heavily on that (though this trend has been improving).

On D: D line that has more downside than upside as Quinn is unlikely to do anything like that again, glaring holes in the secondary, one LB only, and a brand new scheme that will need to be installed.

Again, I hope you're right. There are very real reasons to see this as a heavy rebuilding year.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is still going to be available at 39 who is going to be an improvement over what we had last year (including experience which will obviously be 0)?
Quite a few players I think. I know rookies take time to acclimate but there are some very good players in this draft. Last year I think 3-4 WRs had an immediate impact—Chase, Waddle, Devonta, and Amon-Ra, with EMoore and RMoore flashing.

Pickens and Watson both look good and SHOULD be there. I doubt Olave and Burks will be there.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

Is it possible for fields to show improvement with the lack of talent around him on offense? Won’t it be hard to evaluate him based on these factors?

Im cool with winning two games as i believe we win 4 amd hopefully no more.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it possible for fields to show improvement with the lack of talent around him on offense? Won’t it be hard to evaluate him based on these factors?
Let's get through FA and the draft. I have confidence that the OL will be improved, the WRs will be improved, and the DEF will be just fine. More importantly, IMO, call plays that benefit FIELDS. Support him, run the OFF he can run—that's crucial.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles is doing fine so far. Jury is still out on the plan. What will be interesting is to see how quickly he can pivot when he makes the enviable error. Sign of good evaluator. Nobody hits 100%.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's get through FA and the draft. I have confidence that the OL will be improved, the WRs will be improved, and the DEF will be just fine. More importantly, IMO, call plays that benefit FIELDS. Support him, run the OFF he can run—that's crucial.
What gives u confidence the Oline and WR will improve? Bears have already passed on the best Olinemen and receivers in free agency. Poles has never been a GM before and is 37 years old. What specifically gives you confidence?

I remember when u was a young bears fan, I used to think every year would be better than the previous. Unfortunately it usually doesn’t work that way with this team

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles is doing fine so far. Jury is still out on the plan. What will be interesting is to see how quickly he can pivot when he makes the enviable error. Sign of good evaluator. Nobody hits 100%.
What has he done so far that has you thinking he is doing fine? Specially.

What players on this team are going to help a young inexperienced QB grow next year?