*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Armstead is the opposite of what Poles is looking for imo

He's looking for value. Not an overpay on a guy who can't stay healthy
I'd take Fisher on a 2yr deal. Looks like he isn't signing with Colts. Flus is familiar with him. Last year was first year back after Achilles surgery and he was average. He'd be the best O-lineman on the team and should be a decent price.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I'd take Fisher on a 2yr deal. Looks like he isn't signing with Colts. Flus is familiar with him. Last year was first year back after Achilles surgery and he was average. He'd be the best O-lineman on the team and should be a decent price.
Fisher is definitely an interesting one to consider....also taking into account that he started in KC. So, Poles would know him from there.

The biggest question with Fisher will be his health followed by how much he wants.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There are few potential 3T in the draft. It's possible that Demarvin Leal, Devonte Wyatt, or Perrion Winfrey is available at 39, but I kinda doubt it.

After that you'd probably be looking at Phildarian Mathis (who isn't exactly a 3T but can play there) or Matthew Butler in the 3rd.

A darkhorse would be Travis Jones, who isn't really a 3T but is a beast and imo could have a game similar to Hicks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of quality O linemen still on the board. I wonder if Poles will put some of the money lost on Ogunjobi into a tackle.

Also, if Patrick is already saying he's playing center, that probably takes Tretter off the board for us.
It's a blessing in disguise, now maybe Poles pulls his head out of his arse and gets a decent O-lineman.
Yeah it's a rebuild year, but that doesn't mean you want Fields to get killed.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's a blessing in disguise, now maybe Poles pulls his head out of his arse and gets a decent O-lineman.
Yeah it's a rebuild year, but that doesn't mean you want Fields to get killed.
He already got one in Lucas Patrick; I'm sure he's looking for at least one more.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like that changes the landscape of the draft. Winfrey with our #48 pick perhaps?
Was told he will be gone in first. Every year, nobody knows how draft will go. Would take Winfrey in a heartbeat

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Who cares about a 3T? This is a tank year. The only thing that matters is developing the offense and Justin fields development. Most $$$ and picks should go to the offense. Trade Quinn for picks and worry about building the defense next season. I’d like to see at least 2 WR and 2 OL selected in the draft.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The one thing about missing on Ogunjobi is if they would have gone after another free agent on day 1. Did they miss on someone else that they wanted because of the contract they just dished out? We will never know but that is where this hurts a bit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was going to be the guy who just failed the physical.

We won't have that this year.

Yes my point is Jones does not address the need. We have the rest of FA and the draft to find one

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares about a 3T? This is a tank year. The only thing that matters is developing the offense and Justin fields development. Most $$$ and picks should go to the offense. Trade Quinn for picks and worry about building the defense next season. I’d like to see at least 2 WR and 2 OL selected in the draft.

We have over 100m in cap next year. There will be plenty of money and resources to build the team out but if you devote resources all on O this year then you may pass on better offensive pkayers next year.

Like why spend 12-13m on a WR this year when guys like DK, AJ and others are FA next year?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes my point is Jones does not address the need. We have the rest of FA and the draft to find one
And my point is, Jones is going to fill that need this year, albeit poorly, and to expect anything different at this point is silly.

Its a rebuild year dude. There's going to be some messes along the way.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For as much as Bears fans belabor the offensive woes - I think there's still a vocal few out there who don't understand that the Bears, who have just started the process of getting themselves out of a bad cap situation, aren't going to be breaking the bank and getting into another bad cap situation, just so you can see some defender punch someone in the mouth.

If that's what some of you are looking for; you won't get it. The team is going to be offensive-focused and draft-focused.

Reactions: chi

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And my point is, Jones is going to fill that need this year, albeit poorly, and to expect anything different at this point is silly.

Its a rebuild year dude. There's going to be some messes along the way.

Yeah and I am saying you are talking out of your ass. Maybe we dont pick anyone else up or maybe a 3T the Bears like is available at one of the draft picks and we take him. We dont know. Pretending you have some uber insight into what Poles and Eberflus is thinking is what is silly.

For as much as Bears fans belabor the offensive woes - I think there's still a vocal few out there who don't understand that the Bears, who have just started the process of getting themselves out of a bad cap situation, aren't going to be breaking the bank and getting into another bad cap situation, just so you can see some defender punch someone in the mouth.

If that's what some of you are looking for; you won't get it. The team is going to be offensive-focused and draft-focused.

Again this is delusional. Poles first instinct in FA was to give a defender 13.5 a year to go punch people in the mouth.

The Bears focus will likely be to build a balanced team.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Indeed.

But I like my pipe dream of the Bears going nuts and signing both Collins and Armstead, kicking Jenkins inside, and then having 4 of their 5 OL as some of the nastiest dudes to hit the field.
This is actually a really good idea.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah and I am saying you are talking out of your ass. Maybe we dont pick anyone else up or maybe a 3T the Bears like is available at one of thr draft picks and we take him. We dont know. Pretending you have some uber insight into what Poles and Eberflus is thinking is what is silly.

Who's pretending? Its not like some secret and its not hard to figure out, nor am I the only one saying these things.

You're just mad and shooting the messenger.

Last edited: