Brandon Hagel traded

Granada

Liked Posts:
This isn't directed at you Zack, but this is pure torture. They don't even know the trade partner? Give us something!

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hagel's speed and work ethic jumped off the screen.....playing with the stiffs on this team, he really stood out. But I guess you got ask how high is his ceiling? I mean he's a good, hard working player but will he be a great player? Not so sure about that. But he's only 23 which makes it hard to read.....the Blackhawks had to start somewhere. And this is a good start with the picks...I know nothing about the two other guys they got. My guess with two first rounders already in the deal, they probably aren't much and are headed to Rockford.

Now if there is anyone in the NHL willing to part with a bag of unused pucks for any Hawk defenseman, Hawk fans in Chicago would be eternally grateful.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd honestly be surprised, given the history between Strome, Raddysh, and Debrincat. Plus, he's the only guy other than Toews whos' remotely good as a center at this point.
Hagel's speed and work ethic jumped off the screen.....playing with the stiffs on this team, he really stood out. But I guess you got ask how high is his ceiling? I mean he's a good, hard working player but will he be a great player? Not so sure about that. But he's only 23 which makes it hard to read.....the Blackhawks had to start somewhere. And this is a good start with the picks...I know nothing about the two other guys they got. My guess with two first rounders already in the deal, they probably aren't much and are headed to Rockford.

Now if there is anyone in the NHL willing to part with a bag of unused pucks for any Hawk defenseman, Hawk fans in Chicago would be eternally grateful.
I could see Hagel being a Patrick Sharp. But, I can also see this trade being a win/win for both teams involved. The 'hawks get what they need to rebuild. The Lightning add a Hagelstorm to their repertoire. It's unlikely that the Lighting will completely disintegrate by 2024, and rumor has it 2023 and 2024 drafts are deep. If the 'hawks hold on and pass off this season's 1st to CBJ, given how bad the lineup projects next season the 'hawks could be very well set for the 2023 and 2024 draft.

Plus it helps that we don't have an accountant running the show anymore.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thanks for this. At least they are young and have some size to them......so used to the 29-30 crowd that Bowman used to usher in here.

Looks like a good start for the new GM.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'd honestly be surprised, given the history between Strome, Raddysh, and Debrincat. Plus, he's the only guy other than Toews whos' remotely good as a center at this point.

Snipped to address specific point -- agree. It's funny, Strome was about a fart away from being completely out the door early in the year.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Snipped to address specific point -- agree. It's funny, Strome was about a fart away from being completely out the door early in the year.
I don't disagree, but then again there were a lot of things wrong early in the year. Fleury looks world-beating now, but early on he looked like Cam Ward.

I blame the coaching :)

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two 'conditional' 1st round picks somewhere between 25th and 30th and 23 and 24yro forwads with SEVEN NHL goals between em for what could easily be a 25-30 goal scorer. We've seen nothing close to Hagel's ceiling so far but we might now.

Congratulations to Brandon for being traded out of hockey hell to a real good team.....now do the same for D-Cat!