Brandon Hagel traded

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like Hagel but have always thought he could be a 40-50 point guy. Hate to see Hagel go, but the return was a surprise. Hopefully one of Raddysh and Katchouk can be a top 6!guy with the other one being middle 6 guy. 2 firsts hope we find gold

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I doubt these two guys had much Ice Time w/TB.....being rookies...........let's wait and see how things will work......but I also hate seeing Hagel leave

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Thanks for this. At least they are young and have some size to them......so used to the 29-30 crowd that Bowman used to usher in here.

Looks like a good start for the new GM.
Hagel's speed and work ethic jumped off the screen.....playing with the stiffs on this team, he really stood out. But I guess you got ask how high is his ceiling? I mean he's a good, hard working player but will he be a great player? Not so sure about that. But he's only 23 which makes it hard to read.....the Blackhawks had to start somewhere. And this is a good start with the picks...I know nothing about the two other guys they got. My guess with two first rounders already in the deal, they probably aren't much and are headed to Rockford.

Now if there is anyone in the NHL willing to part with a bag of unused pucks for any Hawk defenseman, Hawk fans in Chicago would be eternally grateful.
Yeah, Katchouk and Raddysh seem kind of old (23 and 24) for rookies. When I first saw the stat lines -- 18 points total -- I thought they were defenseman. But Bolts kept them around all season and they each averaged ten minutes per game when not scratched. I don't expect much but maybe they'll do something with regular shifts.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Yeah, Katchouk and Raddysh seem kind of old (23 and 24) for rookies. When I first saw the stat lines -- 18 points total -- I thought they were defenseman. But Bolts kept them around all season and they each averaged ten minutes per game when not scratched. I don't expect much but maybe they'll do something with regular shifts.
Agree.....c what regular shifts can do.....hard for them to get Ice Time with TB's roster....

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Two firsts are the get. The two players are scrubs.

Hoping the wheels fall off so that 23 pick falls into the early teens is wishful thinking, but next years draft is so deep even the 30th pick should nab a good player.

Good trade. At least this GM doesn’t back off his asking price.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Hoping the wheels fall off so that 23 pick falls into the early teens is wishful thinking, but next years draft is so deep even the 30th pick should nab a good player.

Least they fired Kelley and all his scouts. They've whiffed miserably over the years.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Don’t sleep on Boris and Taylor. They were getting 4th line minutes in TB due to them being a deep team. Here, they will get opportunities to play expanded roles.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

I'll hope against hope and hope it falls to.....dare I say....the 11th pick...lol

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I'll hope against hope and hope it falls to.....dare I say....the 11th pick...lol
Well, the 23 draft is loaded with so much talent you are looking at ten elite players then give or take 20-30 guys who can be very good. It is going to be a draft for the ages.

I like these picks better with Kelly having nothing to do with them. But, Davidson has to hit on them. Both of them. Raddysh name has been out there for a few years. If Davidson is trying to get the band back together and reignite the line from juniors you are looking at two guys in Strome and Raddysh who play very minimal defense and are rough skaters. That’s not going to translate too well in the NHL.

If the goal is to Uber tank next year, which it should be, then he’s well on his way. I’ve stated countless times the Hawks should be doing everything they can to get Bedard and this trade does wonders in that regard.

Now, get a 23 first for Flower and if Cat or Kane want out get 23 firsts for them too. Swindle a 23 first for Dach if you can.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can't say I didn't see it coming but very sad to see it. Didn't want them to trade him but thats a good haul for a rebuild effort

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stock pile picks. Stock pile stock pile stock pile. The more you have the more flexible your draft. We always see players slip and doing two for one deals gets you the talent

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On most any other franchise, Hagel would've been part of the rebuild but when you have a patchwork team with one fucking NHL caliber defenseman....you have to give to get.

Liked Posts:
Hagel's speed and work ethic jumped off the screen.....playing with the stiffs on this team, he really stood out. But I guess you got ask how high is his ceiling? I mean he's a good, hard working player but will he be a great player? Not so sure about that. But he's only 23 which makes it hard to read.....the Blackhawks had to start somewhere. And this is a good start with the picks...I know nothing about the two other guys they got. My guess with two first rounders already in the deal, they probably aren't much and are headed to Rockford.

Now if there is anyone in the NHL willing to part with a bag of unused pucks for any Hawk defenseman, Hawk fans in Chicago would be eternally grateful.
Hey now!!! WTF is that about "unused pucks"? I that that, as a "well used puck", I had some seniority.

Liked Posts:
On most any other franchise, Hagel would've been part of the rebuild but when you have a patchwork team with one fucking NHL caliber defenseman....you have to give to get.
If you are referring to #4, there is this and he is NOT the only one:
Not surprised.
I watched the post game show and in an interview with one of the players, he said the team was ALL UNHAPPY with this:

Blackhawks coach says he hopes Kane is not traded before Deadline

The Hawks got rid of the cancer node blowboy who DELIBERATELY wrecked the team and fired Q out of jealousy.
The "new guy' is doing it out of ignorance and stupidity.

THIS:
And how a competent GM thinks vs the latest idiot the Hawks hired:
Maple Leafs Passed on Fleury, Hagel Trade — NHL Insider

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you are referring to #4, there is this and he is NOT the only one:
Not surprised.
I watched the post game show and in an interview with one of the players, he said the team was ALL UNHAPPY with this:

Blackhawks coach says he hopes Kane is not traded before Deadline

The Hawks got rid of the cancer node blowboy who DELIBERATELY wrecked the team and fired Q out of jealousy.
The "new guy' is doing it out of ignorance and stupidity.

THIS:
And how a competent GM thinks vs the latest idiot the Hawks hired:
Maple Leafs Passed on Fleury, Hagel Trade — NHL Insider
I like it that his prices are high.....to get the parts you need to win a Cup should come at a premium. What's even more funny is the Leafs are worried about protecting their future. They haven't won a Cup in over 50 years....but, hey PROTECT THAT FUTURE at all costs. LOL, the Maple Leaf fans must love that shit.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
If Raddysh keeps playing like these 2 game we might win this trade. He is taking advantage of getting more ice time.
We'll see if Hagel continues to produce with a smaller role, and hopefully at least one of the 1st rounders contributes in the NHL

Liked Posts:
I like it that his prices are high.....to get the parts you need to win a Cup should come at a premium. What's even more funny is the Leafs are worried about protecting their future. They haven't won a Cup in over 50 years....but, hey PROTECT THAT FUTURE at all costs. LOL, the Maple Leaf fans must love that shit.
It could be 50 years till the slackhawks win another cup if ever, what with the ignorant failures they keep hiring for the front office.
They haven't had anyone there since Dale Tallon who hired Joel and built those Cup champ teams.
Found this elsewhere and agree:
"Hagel, in some regards, almost renders this version of the Lightning unfair. He isn’t a household name, but he was having an excellent season on a Blackhawks team that has completely fallen from grace, on and off the ice. Hagel posted 21 goals and 37 points in 55 games for the Blackhawks and while some have rightly pointed out that his 22.3 shooting percentage is clearly unsustainable, betting on a 23-year-old forward with top-six upside to produce with superior linemates isn’t a terrible gamble."

Slcakhwks hire new GM and IMMEDIATELY~~~~

Attachments

• RAKEFACE.gif
    RAKEFACE.gif
    169.2 KB · Views: 1

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Raddysh keeps playing like these 2 game we might win this trade. He is taking advantage of getting more ice time.
We'll see if Hagel continues to produce with a smaller role, and hopefully at least one of the 1st rounders contributes in the NHL
We'll see all right! Radish potted his 6th NHL goal last night after being set up point blank. The Hagel doubters remain regardless how well he plays I guess and look for him to move up there just like he did here.

Let's revisit this at the end of the year..........the end of the next few years.