*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Both some shitty destinations from a football standpoint. I don't see how he doesn't pick Miami though. Location, location, location.

miami is nice but theres nothing like living in nyc. i'm sure he's also looking at wilson vs tua and whos got the nicer deep ball accuracy

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I come out of a meeting to this Tyreek Hill news. Wowwwwwww. He would be wasted in Miami with no QB.

Which is exactly why I don't think it's worth paying a WR ~30 million a year.

If a WR becomes almost useless when playing with a crappy QB, then they probably aren't worth that amount of money.

QBs, LTs, and pass rushers are almost always worth it because they can make a huge impact even with deficiencies elsewhere.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
miami is nice but theres nothing like living in nyc. i'm sure he's also looking at wilson vs tua and whos got the nicer deep ball accuracy
more off the field money opportunities in New York but he won't need any extra money after signing his new deal.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
OK.
Be fair
Would you have been happy with Poles signing ARob to the contract he got?

Would you have been happy signing a vet to a prohibitive contract that will put the team in cap hell? I think we'd be happy with a QB of Rodgers' talent but that wasn't possible. GB kept him for a year, maybe two. But they lost their best WR in the process because the QB got all the $. Be honest - if our GM did that would you praise him?

Would you be praising Poles if he traded six picks, including 3 first rounders, and gave a fully guaranteed $230 million contract to a QB with 22 sexual misconduct allegations against him with an almost certain NFL suspension hanging over his head?

I have a hard time believing those three examples you used of other GMs moves would be considered as good if made by the Bears' GM.
The examples directly above that you site are all bad moves with a short term hope of immediate payoff which I doubt happens.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah, there has to be something behind this. Why would KC trade the most explosive/dangerous offensive weapon in the NFL? So weird.
This came out of no where for me, had not heard 1 rumble, surprised but in the end all WR's become diva's I guess.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Which is exactly why I don't think it's worth paying a WR ~30 million a year.

If a WR becomes almost useless when playing with a crappy QB, then they probably aren't worth that amount of money.

QBs, LTs, and pass rushers are almost always worth it because they can make a huge impact even with deficiencies elsewhere.
That's very true, but you have to look beyond the immediate season I think. Rarely is it possible to line up all the dominos and get them to fall together for making a championship team. You stack the pieces when you can and then hopefully things come together and overlap for a great team.

MIA will likely be looking for a new QB next season, so it'd be good to have a player like Hill when they do.

That's my take anyway.

Reactions: BNB