*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Even considering the needs, the majority of FA signings moving forward will be friendly deals. So I think they can give Bates more to secure him.
The only other signing I think will eat up some cap is at T if they get turner or fisher. Everyone else will be super cheap stop gaps

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Way too much time and energy wasted around here on will they or won't they match Bates' RFA offer. We'll find out in 5 days or less.

In the meantime, watch some tape on the WRs coming out. Tons of prospects to catch up on, and the Bears are at Cincinnati's Pro Day watching Alec Pierce.
I don't really care to watch tape on WRs in the draft. To me, that's a waste of energy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The only other signing I think will eat up some cap is at T if they get turner or fisher. Everyone else will be super cheap stop gaps
Agree that would eat up more cap than other signings, but I don’t think enough to stop them from stealing Bates away from the Bills.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Way too much time and energy wasted around here on will they or won't they match Bates' RFA offer. We'll find out in 5 days or less.

In the meantime, watch some tape on the WRs coming out. Tons of prospects to catch up on, and the Bears are at Cincinnati's Pro Day watching Alec Pierce.
Are you telling me how to CCS?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Good veteran shields for Fields should be top priority. Bears aren’t trotting out a Cutler corpse again, Fields needs a fighting chance to be a good QB.
Give Fields time and he will give his Wrs the opportunities to make plays.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Bates comes with us.

They knew they had to structure it in a way that makes it tough on the Bills to match and I'm sure they did just that
It's honestly beneficial for the Bears as well. Front load his deal in a year that doesn't really matter