CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was awesome, but I seriously thought Toews got hurt in that fight. Good on him, but then again, if there's one guy I do not want to see fighting, it's Toews. The guy just has way too much to lose at this point.

I was surprised to hear Anton Forsberg is having a good year. He certainly looked like the old Forsberg against us.
Yes, I took heat for saying that Toews was reckless for taking on Joe Thornton many moons ago, and still feel the same way; he just got back from a head injury and took a few pops in this scrap...way more than at the time of the Thornton bout are the stakes high. Against Thornton it was more about losing his presence in the game, now it's about risks to his long term well being after hockey.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, I took heat for saying that Toews was reckless for taking on Joe Thornton many moons ago, and still feel the same way; he just got back from a head injury and took a few pops in this scrap...way more than at the time of the Thornton bout are the stakes high. Against Thornton it was more about losing his presence in the game, now it's about risks to his long term well being after hockey.
Our elite 5'7" 165lb sniper,our 175lb 2nd year,20+ goal scorer and our recently concussed captain all have to take matters into their own hands because they're on a small docile team......they have no choice unfortunately.
Dach's as big or bigger than either Tkachuk who both came into the league at the same age...........night and day difference in the physicality they bring compared to Dach........he should be stickin' up for his captain at his age/size.
The team's been without a big,rugged power forward for years and most of our forwards want NO part of the rough stuff.

I wouldn't mind guys like Hardman or Reese Johnson back in the lineup.........both play like they got a pair.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Our elite 5'7" 165lb sniper,our 175lb 2nd year,20+ goal scorer and our recently concussed captain all have to take matters into their own hands because they're on a small docile team......they have no choice unfortunately.
Dach's as big or bigger than either Tkachuk who both came into the league at the same age...........night and day difference in the physicality they bring compared to Dach........he should be stickin' up for his captain at his age/size.
The team's been without a big,rugged power forward for years and most of our forwards want NO part of the rough stuff.

I wouldn't mind guys like Hardman or Reese Johnson back in the lineup.........both play like they got a pair.
I agree for the most part Bob, but then again, I wouldn't want Dach fighting either really. And Hardman and Johnson, they're not great in the role. Teams will only get more physical, especially when the Hawks are in a full rebuild mode. This is why I want a guy like E. Kane, or someone comparable for the top six -- but the thing is, you won't find a guy like that as cheap, who can actually play the game and who nobody will want to fuck with. Either way, this team needs to invest in a legit top-six power forward; or at least, a legit/projected top-six power forward prospect, although those are rare breeds in today's game.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yes, I'm no fan of burning a roster spot on a pure one dimensional guy like John Scott, but the Hawks haven't had a lot of sandpaper for sure. I also think it's not as simple as one guy...former rosters had guys like Seabrook, Ladd, and even Bolland who didn't take much shit from anyone, and others like Hammer, Hossa, and Brouwer that may not have been fighters per say, but not guys that were easy to push around. Some more size and overall toughness need to be mixed into this rebuild for sure.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Yes, I'm no fan of burning a roster spot on a pure one dimensional guy like John Scott, but the Hawks haven't had a lot of sandpaper for sure. I also think it's not as simple as one guy...former rosters had guys like Seabrook, Ladd, and even Bolland who didn't take much shit from anyone, and others like Hammer, Hossa, and Brouwer that may not have been fighters per say, but not guys that were easy to push around. Some more size and overall toughness need to be mixed into this rebuild for sure.
Eh, Brouwer was pretty fucking tough. Tough enough that he had a rep not to try him.

There’s the one fight where he left Richards talking to himself and had his eyes rolling back in his head

There’s a couple more fights on YouTube where Brouwer gets the better of the exchange. Was trash against a heavy but was too much for a middle weight

KBIB

Liked Posts:
As for Dach, he’s kind of a pussy. His brother is the tough one.

I’m all for this team getting back to tough, Blackhawks hockey. Draft Canadian and American and keep the artsy fartsy euros either on the first line producing or don’t draft them at all.

High hockey IQ and tough. Leave the assholes who want to play on the perimeter for the fucking wings

Granada

Liked Posts:
I agree but I'll say this: it's funny, I feel like we've been saying this for the past 15 years now. Even in the Cup era, the goal was always to get tougher. I mean, there's a reason why Bowman selected Aliu and Beach way back when -- it actually was a good strategy, but like every Bowman strategy, he never followed through, abandoned it immediately after he didn't get immediate results, and switched tactics (went back to focusing on skill guys) because he is (was) a fucking indecisive idiot. Yeah, we had guys like Brouwer and Bickell, and in hindsight, we think they were okay in terms of fighting, but they only appear so because of how utterly depleted we are now. They were okay, sure, and they were sure as hell better than what we we've had the last few years. Brower would stick up for guys, but he wasn't the most successful fighter (and Bowman got rid of him for a guy like Frolic of course, which was another Bowman blunder, but I digress).

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that we shouldn't need or want Toews throwing down, but I have to give him a lot of credit for handling that exactly how a captain should have.

One of our boys gets ran on a brutal hit. We get a 5min PP, one of our best players (and one of my favorites, to boot!) Makes one fucking huge brainfart which leads to a shortie. Then, one of our young guys gets ran.

Seeing as how none of the other 18 cupcakes out there was doing anything productive or constructive, O Captain my Captain grabs the guy who runs our young star and fights him when he probably shouldn't have--not to mention another young player starts taking potshots at another's melon, putting us down 2 players, So after the 5 min for fighting he comes back and and starts the scoring.

I really think Toews did his job as a leader and woke the team up. Mucho Kudos for that.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I agree but I'll say this: it's funny, I feel like we've been saying this for the past 15 years now. Even in the Cup era, the goal was always to get tougher. I mean, there's a reason why Bowman selected Aliu and Beach way back when -- it actually was a good strategy, but like every Bowman strategy, he never followed through, abandoned it immediately after he didn't get immediate results, and switched tactics (went back to focusing on skill guys) because he is (was) a fucking indecisive idiot. Yeah, we had guys like Brouwer and Bickell, and in hindsight, we think they were okay in terms of fighting, but they only appear so because of how utterly depleted we are now. They were okay, sure, and they were sure as hell better than what we we've had the last few years. Brower would stick up for guys, but he wasn't the most successful fighter (and Bowman got rid of him for a guy like Frolic of course, which was another Bowman blunder, but I digress).
Bowman didn’t draft Beach or Aliu.

Tallon did.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and Btw Toews fought cause Dach was the one he stuck up for and got laid out. So how could Dach fight the guy while laying on the ice?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of the '2010' team was tough as hell,they didn't need that one guy. Big Buff,Ladd,Brouwer,Eager,Burrish and Frasier would never....ever be okay watching a teammate get runover. Seabs and Keith were tougher players back then too.....especially Seabs.

DUMBASS got rid of every single player who was willing and able to stick his nose in there and the lack of protection for our top forwards is as weak as ever. Dach and Borgstrom are 6'3" and Strome's 6'4"....collectively they scare NO ONE. Cat and Hags would slap the hell outta either two of those creampuffs.....LOL! Sig Kubalik or Kurashev on em?LOL!

With the rare exception or two,the team's been devoid of pack mentality for a long time and I still don't see a 'top-down' preference for REAL physical play.......we're takin' the game in a new direction.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Most of the '2010' team was tough as hell,they didn't need that one guy. Big Buff,Ladd,Brouwer,Eager,Burrish and Frasier would never....ever be okay watching a teammate get runover. Seabs and Keith were tougher players back then too.....especially Seabs.

DUMBASS got rid of every single player who was willing and able to stick his nose in there and the lack of protection for our top forwards is as weak as ever. Dach and Borgstrom are 6'3" and Strome's 6'4"....collectively they scare NO ONE. Cat and Hags would slap the hell outta either two of those creampuffs.....LOL! Sig Kubalik or Kurashev on em?LOL!

With the rare exception or two,the team's been devoid of pack mentality for a long time and I still don't see a 'top-down' preference for REAL physical play.......we're takin' the game in a new direction.
I remember when Kane got run over and Panarin

I remember when Kane got run over and Panarin came to step up.

That’s when things took a drastic turn.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Jones had a great game last night, wish he could play that way on more of a consistent basis.

I don't like moving Dach to wing. If you want to alleviate pressure, take him off the PK. Would have loved to see him finish that beautiful move around McAvoy.

I read a writer somewhere (NHL.com maybe) that said that Fleury really doesn't have much trade value because he only has a .908 save percentage and a however-many GA -- I mean, I get it, it's hard to keep track of every player in the league, but it's obvious this writer has no clue what he's talking about and is strictly going by the stat sheet. The dude's been incredible all year, including last night.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Hell of a game by Raddyish last night and I've liked what I've seen from Kachouck too. I feel like this team finally has a direction, as opposed to a mish-mash, throw everything and see what sticks approach. Lafferty, Raddyish, Kachouck, Vlasic, Dach -- this team is clearly focused on size and physicality now.

Fleury losing his glove on that goal scared the shit out of me. It's like the one thing you didn't want to see the day before the deadline. Sad that may be his last game as a Hawk.

I really want to like Stillman but the guy doesn't make it easy.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heard this morning that Kane was asked about his future with the Hawks, and diplomatically said he wants to focus on the rest of this season, but will address the topic in the offseason.

Toews said that for the first time, he is considering that he may not finish his career as a Blackhawk.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Heard this morning that Kane was asked about his future with the Hawks, and diplomatically said he wants to focus on the rest of this season, but will address the topic in the offseason.

Toews said that for the first time, he is considering that he may not finish his career as a Blackhawk.
You know, people are really pissed about what Toews said. I really didn't care and thought it was an honest enough answer. I guess fans want him to say the cookie-cutter thing like, "I'm not focused on that right now," or whatever other monosyllabic response every other player always says when posed a similar question -- but his honesty was a bit refreshing. Are we really surprised that he's at least contemplating what it would be like to play for another team? Well, we really shouldn't be at this point. This isn't directed at you, but I think people with their panties in a twist over this are over-reacting.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know, people are really pissed about what Toews said. I really didn't care and thought it was an honest enough answer. I guess fans want him to say the cookie-cutter thing like, "I'm not focused on that right now," or whatever other monosyllabic response every other player always says when posed a similar question -- but his honesty was a bit refreshing. Are we really surprised that he's at least contemplating what it would be like to play for another team? Well, we really shouldn't be at this point. This isn't directed at you, but I think people with their panties in a twist over this are over-reacting.
I agree and am cool with both player's answers: Kane isn't dumb; he knows what's going on and chose to deal with it later. Toews is obviously upset about the full blow up rebuild, and got it off his chest; totally understandable. I'd say his reaction is expected from what we've always known about JT: he was named captain at a young age because he takes the responsibility personally. This has been his team for over a decade, and he's cemented a dynastic legacy here. I've no doubt he wants to stay here until he hangs them up, but is faced with the frustrating reality that the team is not a real contender now, and won't be for some time.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Lankinin allowed four 3rd period goals, with a Dach assist on #4, screening his netminder and deflecting in the VGK shot from the blue line. Every one of Dach's 3rd period shifts seemed to be played in the Hawks' end and he barely touched the puck. For the game: zero points and minus 2.