What Has to Happen, Pessimists?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, I'm curious what has to happen for those of you who are just ripping off your dicks every day. What do you need to see this year in order to be proved WRONG that these guys know what they are doing? Post up below, and we'll revisit this when the season is over. I'm an optimist, but for me it may be:

1. A decent record. I'd like to get 5 wins, but this isn't really all that important to me. It may be for YOU.
2. The development of Fields. I want him to LOOK BETTER. This comes with scheme, plays, and talent.
3. A bit more work in the FA to shore up a few more players.
4. I think we may be surprised by some OL players. Jenkins for example may actually be good.
5. A great draft. May not be able to evaluate for 2-3 years, but I want to see OL, WR, DB taken.

So, what do YOU need to see in order to change your mind from "these guys suck, it's the same old Bears BS, God this team is bad, they will ALWAYS be bad" to "Hey, maybe they know what they're doing?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Keep my qb off IR. Prevent my qb from getting cte ptsd and any other disease I’m missing. I don’t care about record I live in reality. Have a game plan that makes sense and when it’s obviously not working don’t double down on stupid and do in game adjustments. Just because the talent won’t be there doesn’t mean the coaches and players get the year off be professional. I really have no expectations. All I ask for is don’t perma kill fields career

Bust

Liked Posts:
Put out a respectable product. Limited mental errors. Limited penalties. Limited turnovers. Terrific tackling. Fighting hard. All the things that anybody can do if they try hard enough although not being as talented.

Turnovers are key. It's the most important winner/loser statistic in football. One would think with the sacks and pressure by Quinn opposition quarterbacks would have to hurry their throws and create picks but that never occurred.

In a study conducted by the Harvard Sports Analysis Collective, it was found that a team that wins the turnover margin in a game wins 69.6 percent of the time. To demonstrate the relative strength of turnover influence, home teams won “just” 57.2 percent of all games in the same sample. The effect is compounding as well, as teams that won the turnover margin by two or more won 83.9 percent of the time, and 90.7 percent of the time when winning the margin by three or more.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am not a pessimist per se, but what I want to see is them:

Stop siphoning off draft capital and instead growing it.

Draft the core. Primarily O-line, D-line. I have always felt you that the mantra around building a team in the trenches is a thing.

No splash FA signings unless and until you are ready to compete in January/February and you aren't mortgaging the future for it.

Lastly, find guys that are all in on being football players first.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not one of the pessimists. With that said, I think Poles is already doing what he needs to do. This shitshow could not be fixed in one offseason. If we had a GM that was trying to, we'd be fucked. Pace kept trying to fix everything in one offseason, and now we are where we are.

The offseason isn't over. There will be more moves. How many of them will be good moves is yet to be seen. I honestly don't understand how people can rip their dicks so hard and it's still fucking March. Lol.

This coming season is going to suck. We're going to suck. If we don't, it'll be a huge surprise. I basically have my eyes set on 2023. And I think Poles does, too.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bears have neither earned nor deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Poles and Eberflus absolutely should be allowed to do their jobs to the best of their ability. But giving an honest assessment and raising legitimate concerns aren't the same as "ripping off your dicks".

I'm looking for development and growth of Justin Fields. That's first. That's priority.

I want to know by the end of this year whether Justin Fields is the Bears quarterback of the future or not.

Let me ask you a question, though: What makes you say that "these guys know what they are doing"?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'd like to see a solid draft. If they keep both 2nds and don't trade back or forth, I want those picks to be starters on day 1. That's a big ask but when you're behind, ya gotta be better.

Feilds has to progress. If he is running for his life and making moves that pretty much tells me that won't last. I'd like to see him get comfortable with whatever pocket he is given.

Coaching. I'll have the most heat on them. You can sort of tell if a coach has it or not in a season or two. Elderblust will get a short leash.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, I'm curious what has to happen for those of you who are just ripping off your dicks every day. What do you need to see this year in order to be proved WRONG that these guys know what they are doing? Post up below, and we'll revisit this when the season is over. I'm an optimist, but for me it may be:

1. A decent record. I'd like to get 5 wins, but this isn't really all that important to me. It may be for YOU.
2. The development of Fields. I want him to LOOK BETTER. This comes with scheme, plays, and talent.
3. A bit more work in the FA to shore up a few more players.
4. I think we may be surprised by some OL players. Jenkins for example may actually be good.
5. A great draft. May not be able to evaluate for 2-3 years, but I want to see OL, WR, DB taken.

So, what do YOU need to see in order to change your mind from "these guys suck, it's the same old Bears BS, God this team is bad, they will ALWAYS be bad" to "Hey, maybe they know what they're doing?
“1. I’d like to get 5 wins.”

This is your qualifier that they are on the right path?

Just be honest, the Bears can take a shit on your chest and you would spin it into a positive.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep my qb off IR. Prevent my qb from getting cte ptsd and any other disease I’m missing. I don’t care about record I live in reality. Have a game plan that makes sense and when it’s obviously not working don’t double down on stupid and do in game adjustments. Just because the talent won’t be there doesn’t mean the coaches and players get the year off be professional. I really have no expectations. All I ask for is don’t perma kill fields career
Bingo. If they don’t significantly improve the line, just run the ball and punt.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have neither earned nor deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Poles and Eberflus absolutely should be allowed to do their jobs to the best of their ability. But giving an honest assessment and raising legitimate concerns aren't the same as "ripping off your dicks".

I'm looking for development and growth of Justin Fields. That's first. That's priority.

I want to know by the end of this year whether Justin Fields is the Bears quarterback of the future or not.

Let me ask you a question, though: What makes you say that "these guys know what they are doing"?
They said what they were going to do, and so far, they are doing it. It's still in progress, so I want to see the full FA and draft before I get all worked up. They cut players that didn't fit the scheme or style, they traded assets, and have a lot of cap for next year.

Take a guy like Jenkins. I think he flashed last year. He may not be the LT of the future, but he could be the RT. They kept him and seem to like his energy and aggression.

They didn't spend big money on aging, hurt, veterans. They are building with youth. And I like that. Again, I want to see the draft. Ane more importantly how Fields LOOKS on the field. The scheme and support ALONE should be a HUGE improvement. I want to see that.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“1. I’d like to get 5 wins.”

This is your qualifier that they are on the right path?

Just be honest, the Bears can take a shit on your chest and you would spin it into a positive.
Um, no? I was VERY critical of Pace and Nagy. I've been a Bears fan since about 1990. The number of wins isn't really important, but it is SOME indication of success. If we go 0-17 something isn't working. But I expect a down year. I expect a losing record. They have A LOT to fix, that Pace and Nagy fucked up.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Most of the pessimists are just trolls who didn't get enough attention from their parents. So there isn't anything the bears can do to fix that for them.

I don't think this season is really gonna sway me either way. I'm not expecting much so 3-14 won't have me concerned. I saw Nagy's first season too so if they're 12-5 I'm not gonna send them cookies or anything. Get to the end of 2023 and I'll have an opinion.