1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw this. I think everyone they didn't see potential in, they jettisoned. Those left at least have potential to offer.

That said, just because someone has a clean slate, doesn't also mean they don't have a short leash. Not just for Eddie but for everyone.

The expecation for Coach Flus is you are going to run, and you are going to WORK. If Eddie can't hack it, they'll replace him in 2023. And I think the same goes for just about everyone else left on the team.

Very much a trial year to see if the guys left can fit into the dynamic the new coach brings.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I saw this. I think everyone they didn't see potential in, they jettisoned. Those left at least have potential to offer.

That said, just because someone has a clean slate, doesn't also mean they don't have a short leash. Not just for Eddie but for everyone.

The expecation for Coach Flus is you are going to run, and you are going to WORK. If Eddie can't hack it, they'll replace him in 2023. And I think the same goes for just about everyone else left on the team.

Very much a trial year to see if the guys left can fit into the dynamic the new coach brings.
Isn't his contract pretty unruly for this year anyway? Meaning we wouldn't gain much from cutting him anyway?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Isn't his contract pretty unruly for this year anyway? Meaning we wouldn't gain much from cutting him anyway?
Yes the only reason Jackson is still here is his contract was uncuttable and he's untradeable. Saying he gets a clean slate, for a guy with no past of off field issues, says a lot about what they think of his play

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson can push a mfer like nobody's bizness

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If he can get back to what he looked like when he earned the extension, yeah, all for it. I love some of what he can do.

But this clean slate better come with a one year sunset, because I am ready to move on if he doesnt relight that fire this year.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just hope they give him competition and he has to actually earn PT.

They don't have enough picks or resources to give him serious competition, or serious competition to everyone on the team who really needs it.

So, that's in part also why not give him a chance? Nothing to lose this year, and they can't replace him anyway.

With the shortage of players, anyone they can find who can hack it from this roster is a bonus anyway.

If they had absolutely zero faith, he'd be gone.

Best example I can give of that is Alex Bars and Lacivious "Pig" Simmons.

Anyone watching last year knows that in limited time for both, Bars far and away outplayed Simmons. However, Poles let Bars walk, but re-signed Simmons. There's only one reason for that - they knew what they had in Bars, and he was never going to be better than what he was. But Simmons has some traits Poles likes, and from his college tape has the aggressiveness Poles likes. So he has that and potential, which is why he gets another chance.

This season is going to be about seeing who, under extreme pressure, can rise to the occasion, and who falls off or can't keep up.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't have enough picks or resources to give him serious competition, or serious competition to everyone on the team who really needs it.

So, that's in part also why not give him a chance? Nothing to lose this year, and they can't replace him anyway.

With the shortage of players, anyone they can find who can hack it from this roster is a bonus anyway.

Anyone watching last year knows that in limited time for both, Bars far and away outplayed Simmons. However, Poles let Bars walk, but re-signed Simmons. There's only one reason for that - they knew what they had in Bars, and he was never going to be better than what he was. But Simmons has some traits Poles likes, and from his college tape has the aggressiveness Poles likes. So he has that and potential, which is why he gets another chance.

This season is going to be about seeing who, under extreme pressure, can rise to the occasion, and who falls off or can't keep up.

A lot of words to say a lot of nothing lol.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

If Eddie Jackson had an out on his contract this year, he'd be gone. It's really that simple

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This year Eddie Jackson is 24 million dead cap.

Next year that number is 9.5 million cap hit, with 17m against the cap if we keep him, so its 8.5 million savings.

Eddie Jackson has a ton of work to do to be a Chicago Bear in 2023, and that is unlikely.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I thought he played better last year especially the 2nd half when they really started moving him around and played him a lot at NB. He showed much better tackling as well. Unfortunately he's too damn expensive to put at NB full time. I think he'll be better but even if he is i'm not sure he'll get brought back after next year.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I'd really prefer a clean slate with an asterisk. If we can get close to 2018 form, I would be thrilled with his output. Felt like he got a little fat & happy from the big extension.

I predict Matt E will be sorely disappointed. It won’t take him long to recognize Jackson’s allergy to contact, and will see right through Eddie’s uncanny ability to do just enough to fool the many gullible Bear fans into somehow still believing he is good.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I thought he played better last year especially the 2nd half when they really started moving him around and played him a lot at NB.
There is always hope of a bounceback with a player that has that athleticism, but to make big money as a Safety you MUST produce turnovers.

8 INTs and 3 TDs in his first 2 years, 2 INTs and O TDs in the last 3 years. Eddie fell off a cliff after he got paid.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I thought he played better last year especially the 2nd half when they really started moving him around and played him a lot at NB. He showed much better tackling as well. Unfortunately he's too damn expensive to put at NB full time. I think he'll be better but even if he is i'm not sure he'll get brought back after next year.
“Much better tackling?” We must have been watching different players named Eddie Jackson.

Reactions: DC

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
“Much better tackling?” We must have been watching different players named Eddie Jackson.
Yeah we must have been.

So it's the 2021 NFL Chicago Bears if you'd like to go watch the tape since you missed the season. Eddie Jackson wore #4 last year and plays S/NB on defense.