My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Drafting is hard unless you're a fan.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't believe any QB that came here under Nagy would have done squat. Yes they are better QBs then Trubisky but they would have failed too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet Schoen and Daboll that worked with Mitch didn't want him for $7m per to replace Jones.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yet Schoen and Daboll that worked with Mitch didn't want him for $7m per to replace Jones.

When you include the rookie cap, Giants are out of cap room. Regardless, Jones is gone next year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you include the rookie cap, Giants are out of cap room. Regardless, Jones is gone next year
Thanks. Many predict Steelers take a QB in 1. I think they've had like 6 prospect QB visits. I hope Mitch turns it on but $7m is not a destination contract.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thanks. Many predict Steelers take a QB in 1. I think they've had like 6 prospect QB visits. I hope Mitch turns it on but $7m is not a destination contract.
I think Mitch plays decent, better than the corpse of Big Ben in 2021. But still replaced

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This just pisses me off all over again. How fucking hard was it to go BPA on QB based on-on the field results? You go Watson, every damn time. Pace is such a fucking idiot.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This just pisses me off all over again. How fucking hard was it to go BPA on QB based on-on the field results? You go Watson, every damn time. Pace is such a fucking idiot.
I mean, we're seeing it right now on WRs and see it every draft at every position.

We have people on these boards right now pounding the table for athletic freak wide receivers who didn't do much in college, and other people pounding the table for receivers without good measurables who had good stats in college.

For example, despite him pretty unanimously NOT a top WR pick in this draft, if we were go purely off of on-field results, David Bell would be one of the first receivers taken. As it stands, he probably won't be among the first 15 WR selections.

The top 5 receiving leaders in college football last year were Jerreth Sterns, Deven Thompkins, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Jordan Addison and Jameson Williams. Only one of those guys will be picked before Day 3.

It's not so simple to just say "draft the guy with the best college results". As you know, that often doesn't translate to the pros. Drafting is hard, man. The best people in the world at it only hit X percent of the time.

Even if we're just talking QBs, that approach of just picking the best on-the-field results doesn't really work. That's how someone would end up with AJ McCarron instead of Derek Carr, or any number of examples of QBs who achieved greatness either through championships or stats in college but didn't do much in the pros.

I hear what you're saying---The Bears definitely overthought themselves on the Trubisky pick. It was a failure, for sure. But the answer isn't blanket statements and less analysis. The answer isn't less nuance and less honest assessment.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace's incompetence could never be overstated.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Dont remember San Frans QB situation before the draft that year but I imagine the Bears dont tradeup in a redraft.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I don't believe any QB that came here under Nagy would have done squat. Yes they are better QBs then Trubisky but they would have failed too.
The real fantasy is not excepting the fact the other two are just transcend and would survive a holocaust. Watson was on some way worse teams than Mitch and still did his thing.

I'm confident both could of eeked out a few more points per game, even in a flawed system. Because they're just that much better.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats the greatest draft in Saints history.

Lattimore-All Pro
Ramcyzk-All Pro
Alvin Kamara- All Pro
Marcus Williams-Great Safety
Anzalone-Serviceable LB
Trey Hendrickson- Elite pass rusher

Last edited: