God, what a bunch of menstruating drama queens... Bears got BETTER.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
I'm excited about what a secondary like Johnson, Brisker, Jackson, Gordon, & Young can bring to the table. However, not capitalizing on landing a primary target for Justin Fields is a huge miss. I would've rather traded both our 2nd picks to land in the middle of that 1st WR run – but not too bad of a consolation prize to solidify one of the better younger secondaries in the league ( just on paper – obviously they have to play ).

I'm kind of more upset that they didn't double-down on their decision not to buy into the WR hype machine this year and made what seemed like a half-hearted pick in Velus Jones Jr. when guys like Winfrey or Faalele were still on the board. To me, it's antithetical to how Poles said he wanted to build the Bears ( through the trenches ) but who knows what to believe anymore.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
So bears might have an awesome D and an absolutely horrific offense.

So don’t worry- teams have to score 14 points to beat the bears, which in 2022 should be easy even with shutdown cb and safeties. But we’ll occasionally get an interception followed by a 3 and out to cheer for.

Oh yea remember that quarterback you were excited about last year? Guy got killed behind the offensive line - combination of terrible scheme, playcalling, and the talent on the line and somehow I can’t even say they are going to improve in any 3 of those aspects with the coaching staff and players they’ve assembled. Starting receivers are Mooney and devin hester… go be worse than Cutler.
A better scheme and play calling will help a lot. If we get that. TBD.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A better scheme and play calling will help a lot. If we get that. TBD.
We needed good players, I think we got some. Better then reaching for need. Thinking longterm.

Exactly this.

I think we got some good players. And it is possible that just by having a competent coach and scheme, the Bears will improve.

I still think they are a 6 win team. We need help in the trenches on both sides, but you need 1st round picks for the true studs for that, and we don't have any.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's odd how one year we were a top 10 defense (indisputable), we still needed an upgrade according to many fans. We got upgrades and have been getting more upgrades ever since while needing to spend more and more into defense because we keep getting so bad at it.
The people saying we get better every draft because we go defense will be saying how bad we are on defense again next year.

What year was that we went so heavily into offense that defense suffered to cause this perpetually bad defense?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's odd how one year we were a top 10 defense (indisputable), we still needed an upgrade according to many fans. We got upgrades and have been getting more upgrades ever since while needing to spend more and more into defense because we keep getting so bad at it.
The people saying we get better every draft because we go defense will be saying how bad we are on defense again next year.

What year was that we went so heavily into offense that defense suffered to cause this perpetually bad defense?

When we were a top 10 defense, the upgrades we needed were at the QB and head coaching position. That didn't happen. Then the defense got old and fell off.

Its hardly the mystery you are making it.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Dude who doesn't watch football, hasn't played a sport since grade school, is lecturing people about the Bears' draft.
But, he read it on twitter and needs to sound like a pompous ass so he needs to restate it all as his personal well thought out opinion - that changes by the minute depending on what the perceived obvious collective consensus is

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But, he read it on twitter and needs to sound like a pompous ass so he needs to restate it all as his personal well thought out opinion - that changes by the minute depending on what the perceived obvious collective consensus is

Actually, I just love calling out a bunch of triggered bitches who get off on triggering others, when its they themselves who are the oversensitive types in need of a tampon.

:benny:

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I agree with that. It makes reading these board unbearable at time. And has nothing to do with what i said.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with that. It makes reading these board unbearable at time. And has nothing to do with what i said.

Sorry, I have all the freak shows on ignore so it's like listening to half a conversation. My bad, carry on. ?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
watching the tape of Gordon and Brisker, I'm really impressed. Both guys look like studs! With the run on receivers that took place, I can understand how both these dudes may have been at the top of the Bears board.

With that said, I'm not high on our 3rd round pick. (and I'm a Tennessee Vol fan.) I think the value on OL was much better and saw Velus Jones as a 5th/6th round guy. He is a great Kick returner, but needs polishing on his route running. Unless we are able to find a way to trade up and get a 2nd/3rd round rated OL in the 4th, I'm going to stay a bit sour on the pick. Waiting until the 5th or 6th for OL is too far away and feels like we are leaving Justin exposed.

Also, think we must sign one of the top FA OL left in Fisher, Tretter, Williams to shore up our unit. Dozier shouldn't be our starter. We still aren't sure what we have in Jenkins and Borom. I guess Poles is sold on Patrick, but I'm not. So right now, I can really only somewhat trust Whitehair and hope for the best everywhere else.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
When we were a top 10 defense, the upgrades we needed were at the QB and head coaching position. That didn't happen. Then the defense got old and fell off.

Its hardly the mystery you are making it.

We needed a QB the year after getting a QB? (For the record I was all for drafting another QB that year.)

Actually last year we drafted mostly offense. You could've blamed that for the defense needing it this year and I wouldn't have had a comeback LOL
I could say live with the offense we drafted last year and see how they do, but Poles isn't saying that. If he had been singing the praises of our offense that'd be different.

We're setting ourselves up for the exact same thing, defense falling off before offense has a chance again.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The twat who complains about posters who ‘get off on triggering others’ starts a thread calling the whole board menstruating drama queens.

If OP projected any more, he/she/it would be a movie theater.

Never change, Vash, you hypocritical, obese cunt

rayer kay

Liked Posts:
So bears might have an awesome D and an absolutely horrific offense.

So don’t worry- teams have to score 14 points to beat the bears, which in 2022 should be easy even with shutdown cb and safeties. But we’ll occasionally get an interception followed by a 3 and out to cheer for.

Oh yea remember that quarterback you were excited about last year? Guy got killed behind the offensive line - combination of terrible scheme, playcalling, and the talent on the line and somehow I can’t even say they are going to improve in any 3 of those aspects with the coaching staff and players they’ve assembled. Starting receivers are Mooney and devin hester… go be worse than Cutler.
So a 2nd round OL drafted this year would protect Fields from getting killed but the 2nd round OL from last year will get Fields killed?

The logic bandied about these boards is top shelf.