God, what a bunch of menstruating drama queens... Bears got BETTER.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Just pay for me to continue to use the Black Range Rover and exclusive use and possession of 849 S. Broadway, Penthouse Nos. 1, 3 and 5 and I will be quiet.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
watching the tape of Gordon and Brisker, I'm really impressed. Both guys look like studs! With the run on receivers that took place, I can understand how both these dudes may have been at the top of the Bears board.

With that said, I'm not high on our 3rd round pick. (and I'm a Tennessee Vol fan.) I think the value on OL was much better and saw Velus Jones as a 5th/6th round guy. He is a great Kick returner, but needs polishing on his route running. Unless we are able to find a way to trade up and get a 2nd/3rd round rated OL in the 4th, I'm going to stay a bit sour on the pick. Waiting until the 5th or 6th for OL is too far away and feels like we are leaving Justin exposed.

Also, think we must sign one of the top FA OL left in Fisher, Tretter, Williams to shore up our unit. Dozier shouldn't be our starter. We still aren't sure what we have in Jenkins and Borom. I guess Poles is sold on Patrick, but I'm not. So right now, I can really only somewhat trust Whitehair and hope for the best everywhere else.
Route running can be taught. The other skills Jones has can’t be. And they saw during senior bowl week the kid can learn those things quickly. He is a high floor extremely high ceiling pick.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its hard not to be enthused with the players they got. Sucks the offensive line got neglected and that a really standout left tackle prospect was selected with precisely the draft pick the Bears gave up for some overrated Ohio State quarterback who cant hold onto the ball, though that wasn't Ryan Poles fault.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lastly, in a world where Cole Strange goes in the first, Nakobe Dean, Malik Willis and Bernard Raimann go in the third and Wan'Dale Robinson goes over Pickens and Moore: I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know better than NFL gms when it comes to the true opinion of Velus Jones and where he should have been drafted. If anything, we're all being played by the "draft experts" for clicks.
I look at what the Bears need from the WR position and Velus doesn't seem to be it. Fields tends to throw his passes a little high and Mooney struggles when he leaves his feet. They need a bigger WR who can make GUAGI contested catches. This guys vertical is like 12 inches. OP can jump higher to reach the box of Little Debbies on the top shelf. 1400 yards combined in 6 years of college. Sorry but its very hard to get excited about a gadget player who is 25 and still needs to develop as a route runner when they don't even have a #1 WR and their second best WR is Byron Pringle.

Route running can be taught. The other skills Jones has can’t be. And they saw during senior bowl week the kid can learn those things quickly. He is a high floor extremely high ceiling pick.
He's 25 years old. How many more years does he need to learn how to run routes? LMAO

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its hard not to be enthused with the players they got. Sucks the offensive line got neglected and that a really standout left tackle prospect was selected with precisely the draft pick the Bears gave up for some overrated Ohio State quarterback who cant hold onto the ball, though that wasn't Ryan Poles fault.
4.5/10 troll post

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The only reason he was available in the third round was because of his age. The second round receiver prospects all had red flags too, hell even the guy who went eleventh overall is coming off an ACL tear. It is a trendy position that costs a shitload to acquire.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, like most of you, I assumed the Bears were going to go all in on offense, say "fuck the season" and then take care of defense next year. We all were fucking wrong. But Jesus, I am not going to cunt on and on about it.

The sober reality is this:

While the Offensive line needs some help, and we all wanted a top flight WR, it was the Bears defense, particularly their secondary, that was far and away the biggest hole on this team.

The Bears now have 2 shut down corners, and 2 ball hawking safeties. If the picks play to their potential, and Eddie returns to form in this system, you have your secondary for the next 10 years.

And on top of it, we got a WR that's got a little Hester in him on returns. Seriously - go watch the dude.

Meanwhile, there are always post draft cuts, and almost always decent offensive linemen are let go to make way for the new hotness.

Maybe the Bears saw something more in their mini camp that made them want to go defense. Who knows.

Overall, the Bears are a better team right now. Maybe now they are a 6 win team instead of a 3 win team, but the Bears got better. This was always going to be a process.

Better? Yes, undoubtedly so after the 2nd round.
Competitive? Lol, no.

Last night's picks won't turn this team from a 3win team to a 6 win team.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We needed a QB the year after getting a QB? (For the record I was all for drafting another QB that year.)

Actually last year we drafted mostly offense. You could've blamed that for the defense needing it this year and I wouldn't have had a comeback LOL
I could say live with the offense we drafted last year and see how they do, but Poles isn't saying that. If he had been singing the praises of our offense that'd be different.

We're setting ourselves up for the exact same thing, defense falling off before offense has a chance again.
My point is we drafted the wrong quarterback and hired the wrong head coach.

That was what killed us

Reactions: Myk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The only reason he was available in the third round was because of his age. The second round receiver prospects all had red flags too, hell even the guy who went eleventh overall is coming off an ACL tear. It is a trendy position that costs a shitload to acquire.
The draft going in it was clear the real talent was on defense. I don’t value safety like others but both 2 round picks were solid. Idk why people thought we would go offense early on. The talent legit wasn’t there. And it was even worse when teams were drafting wrs like crazy. I don’t blame them I guess when bums are getting 10-18 mil a year now.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Better? Yes, undoubtedly so after the 2nd round.
Competitive? Lol, no.

Last night's picks won't turn this team from a 3win team to a 6 win team.
It might but really, what would that accomplish? There was never a path to turn the 2022 Bears into a contender.