God, what a bunch of menstruating drama queens... Bears got BETTER.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What did they lose? An often injured Mack? AR who mailed it in all year?
Oft-injured? Last season was the first he's missed any real time. Now you're trashing AR when two posts ago you said it was Nagy's offense?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Not sure about that. The production simply wasn't there from a receiving standpoint. The onky year he really produced was this past season as a 6th year super senior. It was also under a new offensive coach Josh Huepel, whose fast-paced scheme inflated the stats of alot of his offensive players.

For example the QB, Hendon Hooker was a 9 TD/5 INT the year prior at Virginia Tech. He transfers to Huepel's offense and gets inserted in the 2nd/3rd game of the year and then goes to score 31 TDs/3 INTs.

Because the offense was so fast, drives were short lived, extending the overall length of the game and this giving the offense more possessions to score and rack up yards.
Let's be real, his college production is not what got him noticed by NFL scouts. If you want proof, just cross reference this list with this list.

What gets him noticed is 4.31. Guys who run that fast don't fall very far, and if they do its for a reason. In the case of Velus Jones Jr. his age is that reason. He has really good moves, good size, doesn't have drop issues and will provide immediate value on special teams. If he were twenty-two he would've gone a lot, lot earlier.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why trade when you have a highly rated player at a position of need staring you in the face?

Or did you want Poles to do a Pace impersonation and trade up?
You know they can trade down and get more draft picks right? Is this your first year following football?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You know they can trade down and get more draft picks right? Is this your first year following football?
Thus what I said above. When you have a highly rated player staring you in the face at your pick, why trade? It’s one thing to trade down when there’s no one you ranked that high, or even multiple players you like equally. Obviously, that was not the case here.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thus what I said above. When you have a highly rated player staring you in the face at your pick, why trade? It’s one thing to trade down when there’s no one you ranked that high, or even multiple players you like equally. Obviously, that was not the case here.
It wasn't the case because Poles was clearly in over his head. The Jones pick makes that insanely obvious. The right move was to trade back and garner extra picks, not draft a safety.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
The problem is, you watched the NAGY LED BEARS, and assume the Flus led Bears will be the same. That offense was horrible no matter who the players were.
No. The problem is that I've been watching this team for 35 years and every single fucking offseason is the exact same. The defense gets the attention while the offense is fed scraps.

I'm just going to assume that the Flus led Bears are going to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down with a 3rd down pass 3 yards shy of the sticks. Meanwhile the defense might play well enough to win a couple games.

Same shit, different season.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It wasn't the case because Poles was clearly in over his head. The Jones pick makes that insanely obvious. The right move was to trade back and garner extra picks, not draft a safety.
Thanks for your opinion. Clueless as it is…

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I get grabbing the DB’s as they were ranked in the top few of their positions in an area of desperate need of upgrade.
My butt hurt is not grabbing Raimann in the 3rd. I’m a big fan of NFL.com prospect rankings and they had him 25th overall. Jones was 199th.
Obviously I must be wrong, but it seemed to me Raimann would have been more than serviceable at LT while solving other OL problems to get Jenkins back to his natural position and Borom to a better projection at G.
Hard to believe that Jones wouldn’t have been available in the 5th. And even if not, still many other WR’s that you could have at least put out on the field still available with Melton, Doubs, Drummond, etc.
Anyone they draft now for OL will be a development guy.
Tired of watching the QB’s fear/run for their life.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thanks for your opinion. Clueless as it is…
Says the guy that blamed Nagy then says AR isn't a big loss with his next post lmao.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The defensive secondary was the biggest hole on the entire roster? I feel like maybe we aren't watching the same team?

The Bears allowed THE MOST sacks in the NFL last season while Fields spent his days running for his life. Good indication that we need DBs who can double as OTs.
He doesn't watch the games.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, reading this forum kind of scares me about the future. Do you guys cry like this about things in your own lives? Nothing the Bears do on the field will be as embarrassing as how a good lot of you are acting on here of late.

Got that right. Grown ass men-children who talk about 'cringe' without an ounce of self-awareness over their own cringey selfs.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's be real, his college production is not what got him noticed by NFL scouts. If you want proof, just cross reference this list with this list.

What gets him noticed is 4.31. Guys who run that fast don't fall very far, and if they do its for a reason. In the case of Velus Jones Jr. his age is that reason. He has really good moves, good size, doesn't have drop issues and will provide immediate value on special teams. If he were twenty-two he would've gone a lot, lot earlier.

Genuinely excited to see him in the slot.