I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
These guys spend their lives studying this stuff. It’s literally their freaking job. And they still miss all the time. The draft is an inexact science. The only thing for sure is that nobody really knows anything. It’s been proven over and over again. You know how many impact guys won’t even get drafted? So what would motivate any of you to be so passionate about your opinions? You don’t know shit. Nobody really does.

It’s funny reading guys on here being like “I had him going later.” Like I’m supposed to believe you’re sitting at home studying thousands of hours of college tape of guys and putting together a board like you’re Mel Kiper Jr lol. I understand some guys here are knowledgable about the game. Played or coached. They have some level of competence when it comes to understanding football. But to take it to the point where you’re actually mad about draft picks like you know a damn thing is laughable and almost cringeworthy in it’s naïveté. You dont know shit. Shut up and let it play out.
You seem mad

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you seriously saying the you are happy with this draft so far? I mean don't get me wrong I am sure the 2 DBs are going to be fine players, but c'mon man! We have no shot at winning the Super Bowl, the Bears aren't even a fucking playoff team next season. The most important thing is finding out if Justin Fields is a franchise QB period. Your happy about fielding a fucking defense, seriously? Ryan Pace, who was a bad GM according to consensus , turned one of the worst Ds into a top D in 2 seasons. We need to find our identity and that starts with finding out if Fields is the guy. I hope Justin is a good QB, but I dont know.. NOBODY knows yet, and likely we wont know at the end of next season thanks to Poles. We could of had Pickens, one of the most talented WR in one of the most WR talented drafts, but we double downed on DBs. Its unbelievable.

I'm ok with the draft, yes.

Our secondary is now rebuilt, and Jones Jr in the slot is going to fuck people up.

I really want offensive line, but I'm also realistic that there is going to be a lot of older veteran offensive lineman who still have stuff left in the tank who will be cut after the draft just like there is every year for the new drafted hotness.

It's probably one of the easiest positions to upgrade after the draft. So I'll be looking forward to what Poles does in post draft free agency.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm ok with the draft, yes.

Our secondary is now rebuilt, and Jones Jr in the slot is going to fuck people up.

I really want offensive line, but I'm also realistic that there is going to be a lot of older veteran offensive lineman who still have stuff left in the tank who will be cut after the draft just like there is every year for the new drafted hotness.

It's probably one of the easiest positions to upgrade after the draft. So I'll be looking forward to what Poles does in post draft free agency.
At least the secondary is going to be lights out. Don't worry about the QB having all day to throw because they can't rush the passer. LMAO @ Jones Jr fucking people up from the slot. He had to transfer from USC because he couldn't crack the lineup in 4 years and still couldn't get a 900 yard season in Tennessee. But he's suddenly going to fuck up NFL level talent when he couldn't fuck up college DBs that he had a half decade on in age. Classic.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Everyone complaining Fields needed a WR that could contribute NOW to help him develop. They draft one, and people complain because he’s older and may not be here for a 2nd contract.

Just laughable…
Come on dude it’s a weird Bears thing. Drafting a 25 year old kick returner gadget guy to start at wide receiver for your second year QB. Is that not classic Bears fuckery? You gotta laugh at some point with the rest of us. I mean deep down you know this guys ceiling is Johnny Knox right?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
These guys spend their lives studying this stuff. It’s literally their freaking job. And they still miss all the time. The draft is an inexact science. The only thing for sure is that nobody really knows anything. It’s been proven over and over again. You know how many impact guys won’t even get drafted? So what would motivate any of you to be so passionate about your opinions? You don’t know shit. Nobody really does.

It’s funny reading guys on here being like “I had him going later.” Like I’m supposed to believe you’re sitting at home studying thousands of hours of college tape of guys and putting together a board like you’re Mel Kiper Jr lol. I understand some guys here are knowledgable about the game. Played or coached. They have some level of competence when it comes to understanding football. But to take it to the point where you’re actually mad about draft picks like you know a damn thing is laughable and almost cringeworthy in it’s naïveté. You dont know shit. Shut up and let it play out.
Then why are you wasting your time here?

Of course it's not a given who will end up where abd how good a player turns out. Did you just come to that realization?

There is a lull in offseaaon where there is nothing to do or watch football related except to become acquainted with the next incoming class of prospects. Its fun to follow. Simple as that. It's fun to line up what you would do with what the team actually does. Its fun to follow prospects you once imagined being on your team and seeing them flourish, even if it is elsewhere.

I really don't get the point of your post. In fact if you do hold true to your position, then you should be neither positive or negative on whoever we draft. You should be completely indifferent. Why eveb waste your time on here?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You seem mad

I think you’re mad. You’re butthurt that my post called out dumb asses like yourself pretending to be Mel Kiper Jr. And you’re not smart enough to come back at me with a good response so you do the ol “you’re mad” strategy. The calling card for idiots the world over. Let me guess, next you’re going to tell me I’m melting down.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Of course it's not a given who will end up where abd how good a player turns out. Did you just come to that realization?

There is a lull in offseaaon where there is nothing to do or watch football related except to become acquainted with the next incoming class of prospects. Its fun to follow. Simple as that. It's fun to line up what you would do with what the team actually does. Its fun to follow prospects you once imagined being on your team and seeing them flourish, even if it is elsewhere.

I really don't get the point of your post. In fact if you do hold true to your position, then you should be neither positive or negative on whoever we draft. You should be completely indifferent. Why eveb waste your time on here?
Some of us come here to talk actual football. It’s fun to look at the picks and see how they may fit for our team, and in the case, maybe give us a better idea of what the staff’s vision for the team actually is.

It’s ok to question the selections. But to bash them incessantly on a message board? Those are the people who need some serious mental help…

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Some of us come here to talk actual football. It’s fun to look at the picks and see how they may fit for our team, and in the case, maybe give us a better idea of what the staff’s vision for the team actually is.

It’s ok to question the selections. But to bash them incessantly on a message board? Those are the people who need some serious mental help…
You are getting the initial raw reaction. We have all season to convince ourselves how happy we are with the picks. Afterall, most of the frustration is due to the context the puck was made in and a lack of full understanding of the player.

Over time when the context fades away and reality sets in that "x" player is on the team and there is nothing we can do about it, the buy in will start to take place. It happens time and time again.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You are getting the initial raw reaction. We have all season to convince ourselves how happy we are with the picks. Afterall, most of the frustration is due to the context the puck was made in and a lack of full understanding of the player.

Over time when the context fades away and reality sets in that "x" player is on the team and there is nothing we can do about it, the buy in will start to take place. It happens time and time again.
With some. Many of those complaining have been jaded negative Nancies around here for years now…

• Yawn
Reactions: Myk

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

of course I have opinions. But I’m also not going to pretend to be Mel Kiper Jr with a big board where I’m making posts like “I had him going later.“ Oh you put together your own big board? You studied hundreds of college football players for thousands of hours and put together a board? Was this after work at night? Did you cook your microwave dinner, sit down and eat and put on the tape and get to work?

Its also obvious that when it comes to the draft that it’s impossible to get right. There is no formula. It’s an inexact science. The guys who do it for a living get it wrong all the time. Guys who spend thousands of hours studying tape still miss all the time. So why would you come on here like some armchair qb all passionate about what they should have done like you have a freaking clue? Why are you pretending to know anything? Most people on here are simpletons who had it in their head they wanted player x or position x and if the bears didn’t do that they were going to complain. It’s so obvious most here wanted offense and because that didn’t happen they are going to whine about who they did take. Crying like a baby because they didn’t draft whatever receiver they had their heart set on or whatever.

There is also this weird group of fans who appear to be more Justin Fields fans than actual Bears fans. And their Bears fandom is almost like tied to Justin Fields. And some of them are losing their shit right now. And any move that isn’t made to help Justin is like sacrilege and worthy of a meltdown. I think most of them are dumb kids. Or even Ohio State fans whose dream came true when the bears took him. But there is definitely a new section of the fan base this applies to. And because the Bears haven’t used all their resources on making sure Justin Fields excels they’re going to ridicule whatever direction they do go. The secondary was arguably worse than the receiving group. The secondary was honestly the worst I have ever seen the Bears have. I have never seen them give up so many big plays in my life. They badly needed a corner. The Justin fan boys dont care though. It’s all about Justin and saving him. So naturally whatver the bears do they’re going to bitch about. Their opinions are pointless. And I think these people make up a section of the fan base who is going negative right now and pretending to be draft experts who are upset because they didn’t draft Skyy Moore or George Pickens or whoever. And they’re mission is to find negative things and post them in order to create a narrative. It’s people with ulterior motives talking out of their ass.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think you’re mad. You’re butthurt that my post called out dumb asses like yourself pretending to be Mel Kiper Jr. And you’re not smart enough to come back at me with a good response so you do the ol “you’re mad” strategy. The calling card for idiots the world over. Let me guess, next you’re going to tell me I’m melting down.
Show me where ive ever posted anything that made me come off as a “Mel kiper jr” or shut the fuck up

I commented on VJJ because I watched him play every game the last two years due to being a Tennessee football fan.

Yet, somehow I’m the one that needs to shut the fuck up??

Go ahead and continue your crying party because people don’t like the pick. For fucks sake, even if you like him…he more than likely could of been had much later in the draft

PS - looking at your recent posts you seem to be melting down

Visionman

Liked Posts:
of course I have opinions. But I’m also not going to pretend to be Mel Kiper Jr with a big board where I’m making posts like “I had him going later.“ Oh you put together your own big board. You studied hundreds of college football players for thousands of hours and put together a board. Was this after work at night. You get home and put on the tape and get to work? Lol okay.

Its also obvious that when it comes to the draft that it’s impossible to get right. There is no formula. It’s an inexact science. The guys who do it for a living get it wrong all the time. Guys who spend thousands of hours studying tape still miss all the time. So why would you come on here like some armchair qb all passionate about what they should have done like you have a freaking clue? Why are you pretending to know anything? Most people on here are simpletons who had it in their head they wanted player x or position x and if the bears didn’t do that they were going to complain. It’s so obvious most here wanted offense and because that didn’t happen they are going to whine about who they did take. Crying like a baby because they didn’t draft whatever receiver they had their heart set on or whatever.

There is also this weird group of fans who appear to be more Justin Fields fans than actual Bears fans. And their fandom is almost like tied to Justin Fields. And some of them are losing their shit right now. And any move that isn’t made to help Justin is like sacrilege and worthy of a meltdown. I think most of them are dumb kids. Or even Ohio State fans whose dream came true when the bears took him. But there is definitely a new section of the fan base this applies to. And because the Bears haven’t used all their resources on making sure Justin Fields excels they’re going to ridicule whatever direction they do go. The secondary was arguably worse than the receiving group. The secondary was honestly the worst I have ever seen the Bears have. I have never seen them give up so many big plays in my life. They badly needed a corner. The Justin fan boys dont care though. It’s all about Justin and saving him. So naturally whatver the bears do they’re going to bitch about. Their opinions are pointless. And I think these people make up a section of the fan base who is going negative right now and pretending to be draft experts who are upset because they didn’t draft Sky Moore or George Pickens or whoever. And they’re mission is to find negative things and post them in order to create a narrative. It’s people with ulterior motives talking out of their ass.
From Poles’ press conference, Fields had a big role to play in the drafting of Jones. So if they don’t like the pick, they have our QB to blame…

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
This looks and feels like a terrible pick, but very much hope to be proved wrong.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This doesn't help one of the older rosters in the NFL ?
It's not anymore though.
Dalton
Hicks
Mack
Gibson
Graham
Peters
James
Idefi

All have left.