God, what a bunch of menstruating drama queens... Bears got BETTER.

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people are just trolling, but the rest of the complainers are so short sighted. It's like they want Poles to make the same mistakes as all of our past GMs.

Overpay for needs and compromise the future. We aren't in a win now situation...

It doesn't matter what positions we draft this year as long as we draft players who are going be able to start for us in the top rounds. We are in the middle of a scheme and culture change. It's going to take the right players to do that. Let's hope they get it right.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
We got better in many ways.
1. We got rid of Nagy, who put Fields in a shit spot and the oline in a shit spot. Getting a coordinator who knows how to run an offense is a massive improvement. Both Fields and the oline could be exactly what the FO wants, and they perhaps saw that JEnkins and Borom are good, but were used wrong.
2. Free agency - we signed players that are going to fit the toughness that this team wants, and we also became much younger. We solidified the oline and got receivers that will know the system to help a one year transition.
3. Complimentary football is back. We will play great defense and ball control offense. Fields won't have pressure on him to do it all, as he did last year.
4. Receivers are the easiest position to draft, and they also get really expensive after their rookie deals run out. Poles sees this and has decided they are similar to running backs these days and can be had in later rounds.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got better in many ways.
1. We got rid of Nagy, who put Fields in a shit spot and the oline in a shit spot. Getting a coordinator who knows how to run an offense is a massive improvement. Both Fields and the oline could be exactly what the FO wants, and they perhaps saw that JEnkins and Borom are good, but were used wrong.
2. Free agency - we signed players that are going to fit the toughness that this team wants, and we also became much younger. We solidified the oline and got receivers that will know the system to help a one year transition.
3. Complimentary football is back. We will play great defense and ball control offense. Fields won't have pressure on him to do it all, as he did last year.
4. Receivers are the easiest position to draft, and they also get really expensive after their rookie deals run out. Poles sees this and has decided they are similar to running backs these days and can be had in later rounds.
Here we go lol.. Bears receivers drafted in the last 30 years who were worth a shit?

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I just don't understand the bemoaning and complaining. No one knows if the 3 guys they drafted will be any good.

If they drafted 3 guys that everyone wanted, no body knows if they would be any good.

What I do know is that no one on this board is a NFL GM. I'm willing to let it play out and if it doesn't work then call for Poles head.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So a 2nd round OL drafted this year would protect Fields from getting killed but the 2nd round OL from last year will get Fields killed?

The logic bandied about these boards is top shelf.

I agree there. We don't know what we drafted for oline last year. They hardly played. The problem is Poles isn't saying that or acting like that. If you think our oline is shit then you'd better be making moves somewhere to fix it. The QB isn't going to wait until next year.
As far as I can see Borom and Jenkins can't be any worse than the crap we've re-signed on oline forever. So sell us that line and focus on defense.

My point is we drafted the wrong quarterback and hired the wrong head coach.

That was what killed us

You're seeing the same thing happen. Bears get a QB, Bears don't give the QB the tools to succeed. Bears look for a new QB. Defense gets old and falls off before the offense is ready because the Bears never give the QB the tools. It's the same QB carousel it's just slowed down to having a little hope every 4 years instead of every year.
You're hoping for the next Manning or Brady to do it alone and that most likely isn't going to happen because even they didn't do it alone.

The draft going in it was clear the real talent was on defense. I don’t value safety like others but both 2 round picks were solid. Idk why people thought we would go offense early on. The talent legit wasn’t there. And it was even worse when teams were drafting wrs like crazy. I don’t blame them I guess when bums are getting 10-18 mil a year now.

People thought they'd go offense because of Poles' words. We'll build through the trenches. He didn't make moves in FA so that leaves the draft. Since he hasn't done either anyone he comes up with now is likely to be no better of a steaming pile than he came in complaining about.
History tells us we're going to have those trenches lined with crap for one or more contracts. They'll be the same level of shit as before but they'll be Poles' shit so we'll be told how great they are.

When you have players you need that rank higher than the players you got it is not because the players you got are better. That is your board valuing those positions higher than someone else's board. It's only a prediction from either board. The only thing it says for sure is that you are valuing defense more than offense.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Got that right. Grown ass men-children who talk about 'cringe' without an ounce of self-awareness over their own cringey selfs.
You're literally a 300+ lb grown man who complains about people being mean on message boards.

Regardless of where the cringe-o-meter begins or ends, you take the crown big guy

36special

Liked Posts:
I just don't understand the bemoaning and complaining. No one knows if the 3 guys they drafted will be any good.

If they drafted 3 guys that everyone wanted, no body knows if they would be any good.

What I do know is that no one on this board is a NFL GM. I'm willing to let it play out and if it doesn't work then call for Poles head.
Problem with this logic is that it is said year after year since.... well, forever.

You are correct- they are GM's and we are not.

Bunch of bum GM's have came through here so to pretend they are all knowing is laughable. They DO NOT know as much as you give them credit for.

We got a corner and safety that I hope will pan out. The WR isn't worth mentioning. Doe not have good hands- watch the tape.

Justin Fields has a piss poor O line and not a lot of talent at HB, WR or TE to work with. We have "maybe's" and "hope" but nothing in the way of proven players. Just hope and some magic dust.

Poles did Fields an injustice this off season. Seriously.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
We had less draft capital this season than just about anyone except the Rams.

So if we "got better" what did everyone else do?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're literally a 300+ lb grown man who complains about people being mean on message boards.

Regardless of where the cringe-o-meter begins or ends, you take the crown big guy
Remember when he doxxed a pic of you when you were a minor with luscious locks and then posted it on ccs when you were making fun of him for being a pizzagate ethusiast (and pizza hut enthusiast)?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Remember when he doxxed a pic of you when you were a minor with luscious locks and then posted it on ccs when you were making fun of him for being a pizzagate ethusiast (and pizza hut enthusiast)?
Okay but you're forgetting that you are cringe and he is above that noise so

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Got that right. Grown ass men-children who talk about 'cringe' without an ounce of self-awareness over their own cringey selfs.

Those are the worst! It's like they're menstruating on their periods like women!

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
watching the tape of Gordon and Brisker, I'm really impressed. Both guys look like studs! With the run on receivers that took place, I can understand how both these dudes may have been at the top of the Bears board.

With that said, I'm not high on our 3rd round pick. (and I'm a Tennessee Vol fan.) I think the value on OL was much better and saw Velus Jones as a 5th/6th round guy. He is a great Kick returner, but needs polishing on his route running. Unless we are able to find a way to trade up and get a 2nd/3rd round rated OL in the 4th, I'm going to stay a bit sour on the pick. Waiting until the 5th or 6th for OL is too far away and feels like we are leaving Justin exposed.

Also, think we must sign one of the top FA OL left in Fisher, Tretter, Williams to shore up our unit. Dozier shouldn't be our starter. We still aren't sure what we have in Jenkins and Borom. I guess Poles is sold on Patrick, but I'm not. So right now, I can really only somewhat trust Whitehair and hope for the best everywhere else.

Can you post a list of your big board?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You, your alts and your doxxing ass take that crown.

And rocking 195.

You wanted me to leave you alone, and I respected that, yet you are going to jump back in?

You and your "loser's club" have your own discord to talk shit about people on CCS (nothing better to do with your lives?)

You are in no position to talk, loser.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's sad that with all the usuals getting ignored by me, they have to beg Novak to come back and start shit.

Fellas, that's called a "tell" in poker.

In their heads rent free.....???