Would you guys be cool with a 2022 TANK to get some top quality picks?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only time, I would support (not root for) a loss, that was strategically planned, is when the season is lost (no chance for postseason) and we know that the difference between winning and losing the last game will results in picking several picks later.

Remember it is not just the first round, it is every round.

If you sit a few starting players in order to protect them from a late season injury is that really tanking or is it making good business decisions?

Planning to tank an entire season, before it even starts, that is for forum meatballs, and no coach in the NFL wants to be viewed as the problem with the team.....
K

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unless something drastic happens we are looking at a 5 or 6 win season so high picks are going to happen regardless
And yet week 15-17 will roll around, bears way out of playoff contention and ppl will be clamoring for some meaningless win that drops the bears from 5 to 10 ?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No. I would never agree with them tanking. Far more detrimental to the team in the long-run, IMO.

Guys play hard, maybe schemes get solidified, and you see what you have.

While not likely, teams that shouldn’t have gone anywhere have made runs. Playing with pride vastly outweighs better draft picks for a year as it relates to the team. Just my opinion.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No. I would never agree with them tanking. Far more detrimental to the team in the long-run, IMO.

Guys play hard, maybe schemes get solidified, and you see what you have.

While not likely, teams that shouldn’t have gone anywhere have made runs. Playing with pride vastly outweighs better draft picks for a year as it relates to the team. Just my opinion.
I agree. I think this was a really bad idea.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When’s the next draft

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The way it looks they won't have to try things will just play out that way. Top ten pick next year

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Kind of hard to tank when the Bears are this loaded..

Injuries would be the only thing that could stop the bears from competing for the division next year.

Would the Mccaskeys pay 100k per loss, or would it be an hourly thing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's impossible to tank with our schedule and still keep your job. Plus, tanking means your team sucks and you need a complete rebuild. Certainly not the position the Bears are in.

We need an improved WR room and some experienced talent at OL and another elite pass rusher.

We will be able to address those concerns with the mega amount of cap space we have going into next season. Heck we might be in position to gain an extra pick by taking on some teams bad contracts. But first, let us see what we have in our young guys and see who we can build around. We need to try and win and see who can compete and who cant
Wait a minute…. What position do you think the Bears are in then? If this isn’t a complete rebuild what is?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Kind of hard to tank when the Bears are this loaded..

Injuries would be the only thing that could stop the bears from competing for the division next year.

Would the Mccaskeys pay 100k per loss, or would it be an hourly thing.
$18/hour. or whatever it was Kreutz was offered.

also didn't the Eagles get penalized for tanking that one game?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it works so well for Cleveland, Jacksonville and Detroit?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I fully expect the Bears to be drafting in the top 10 - at least at this time. With a new offensive and defensive system in place, and all the turnover, it’s hard to see the Bears getting off to a hot start.

I’m also expecting the Bears to trade Robert Quinn at some point during the season, giving the Bears more draft capital and likely landing a top 5-10 draft pick in 2023.

The excuse of not having draft picks is gone and Poles will have a lot of money to spend in free agency. So, to your point, I absolutely believe that ‘tanking’ is the best move forward.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Only pussies want to tank games

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ya know if the Bears tanked every year they’d always have good picks…. And if they always had good picks they’d always have good players.

Just sayin…