Ryan Poles emphasizes Chicago Bears will help Justin Fields “succeed”

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
You are if you're ok with fields playing behind this line with these receivers. We shall see I guess.
Or....some of us understand that Poles has little cash nor cap space to work with, and he can't blow it all on a SINGLE player just to shut you snowflakes up. He kind of has to build up the entire team. Crazy, I know.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Calling him an idiot for stating that our O line and WR are less than good? Come on man. If you are shallow enough to think Poles has supported Fields or the O line and WR core is on par with the average NFL team then I have nothing for you.

Are you one of those that blindly support everyone? LOL. Be objective.
Or, once again, the team is not in a good place with money or cap, so he can't just throw it all at one player to make all you Marys feel better. To say he hasn't brought in WRS and OL is just a lie that the dopes around here keep pushing.

To break it down so maybe even you idiots can understand, if you only had $20 left until next week's paycheck, you wouldn't go out and buy an $18 pizza tonight. You'd hit up a Dollar Store and get by on food that's not as good, but it will get you by until you get paid.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
obviously he thought the players he picked was the BPA otherwise he wouldnt of picked them. And him saying that is meaningless because what is he supposed to say? "yeah there was a WR we had higher on the board but picked a S because fields was not my pick so fuck him"

Taking BPA is really how you build a team, BUT developing a QB is how you are a contender for the next 15 years. So Yeah if there was generational talent on D vs just another guy then sure.. But if there was a WR or OL on the board that was close to the talent of either the CB or S he picked then you take the guys that develops the most important position in the sport.

He didnt so either he is an idiot, there was a huge gap, or he really doesnt think Fields is the answer so no point in taking a slightly less player on offense because he will draft "his QB" next year anyway.

My point was his actions are all that matters, another Coach talking out his ass is pointless. Him saying I'm all in on Fields is meaningless unless you actual back it up with actions and give this kid an actual chance with some weapons.
Who was the generational talent WR or OL he passed on?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With that mountain of cash and cap space, right?
$40M was going to a DT until he failed a physical. Its incredible how there seems to be resources for defensive players but not on offense. No one on offense is worth signing or drafting but everything on defense is worth drafting and signing.

napo55

Liked Posts:
$40M was going to a DT until he failed a physical. Its incredible how there seems to be resources for defensive players but not on offense. No one on offense is worth signing or drafting but everything on defense is worth drafting and signing.

I'm afraid the Poles supporters are not interested in facts. But they're great on insults. It's a waste of time to try to communicate with them.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm afraid the Poles supporters are not interested in facts. But they're great on insults. It's a waste of time to try to communicate with them.
That’s just how it goes on CCS when you don’t blindly follow.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is what I was looking for—Thanks much. I hadn’t recalled Poles saying Fields’ favorite was Velus Jones, just that they watched film together and talked about the different WR prospects, and that Jones was among the prospects they watched together. Big difference between that and saying Jones was Fields’ favorite.

As I’ve said before on these boards, it doesn’t seem honest to use Fields and Poles’ conversation to prove our own points, because we literally have no idea what that conversation was like.

It’s possible Fields said, “Sir, I have to tell you about this guy out of Tennessee I really love.” It’s also possible Jones was one of many, many prospects they looked at who Fields said, “Yeah, looks good.” It’s possible Poles said, “Do you like this Jones guy?” and Fields said, “Meh, he’s O.K. He’s fine.”

We have no idea how that conversation went, so to use it to score points isn’t intellectually honest.

As to MJY being so angry, meh, people here get passionate. That’s fine. I’ll argue about football, but I never make it personal, and I never take it personally. I think it’s completely reasonable to ask where someone got information that no one’s ever heard of. MJY disagrees. That’s fine.

Toast, the point to the bottom is that the information is stuff that either already has been linked by others in the thread, or is easily found on ESPN or the Score when Poles did his tours to vouch for Fields just the other day. All I did was reiterate what he said.

You're a grown man, so I'm not going to spoon feed you - its there if you want it, a bunch of people in this thread were talking about it, and I've seen enough passive-aggressive trolls on this forum that if people are going to play games and pretend not to see what is right in front of them, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince them.

That said, I'll give you some respect, in that you at least know the difference between being passionate and legit being angry. There's too many douches on this forum who don't really care about the Bears talk and just want to try to get a rise out of people for their own amusement.

Thank you for distinguishing yourself as not being among those losers...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Toast, the point to the bottom is that the information is stuff that either already has been linked by others in the thread, or is easily found on ESPN or the Score when Poles did his tours to vouch for Fields just the other day. All I did was reiterate what he said.

You're a grown man, so I'm not going to spoon feed you - its there if you want it, a bunch of people in this thread were talking about it, and I've seen enough passive-aggressive trolls on this forum that if people are going to play games and pretend not to see what is right in front of them, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince them.

That said, I'll give you some respect, in that you at least know the difference between being passionate and legit being angry. There's too many douches on this forum who don't really care about the Bears talk and just want to try to get a rise out of people for their own amusement.

Thank you for distinguishing yourself as not being among those losers...
Says the 'guy' who has had at least 7 alts trying to reinvent himself after embarrassing himself on these forums. Speaking of losers.

Real talk: presenting yourself on here this time around as a superior alternative Bears news source (but similarly ripping off other sources) to Sports Mockery isn't exactly the step up from Comcast customer service rep that you think it is

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Says the 'guy' who has had at least 7 alts trying to reinvent himself after embarrassing himself on these forums. Speaking of losers.
I like the part about giving him respect, like theres a single poster on here who cares.

Hey honey, how was your day?
Oh it was great babe. This obese Star Wars mod who is on his 7th username said he'll give me some respect because I'm one of the 4 posters who don't mention his bitch tits every other post.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Correct. Thus the dislike. Or do you think new fans just materialize out of thin air?
They usually don’t hop from one team to the next, especially to a division rival. I’d guess 99% of Bears fans on CCS were always Bears fans post-not being a fan of any team.

While I have you here, what happened to me being on ignore?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Who was the generational talent WR or OL he passed on?
If you're going to call out my post for a spelling error. Make sure you don't back it up with completely looking like an idiot yourself..

Reading comprehension not your thing I take it?

When did I say there was a generational talent at WR?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
They usually don’t hop from one team to the next, especially to a division rival. I’d guess 99% of Bears fans on CCS were always Bears fans post-not being a fan of any team.

While I have you here, what happened to me being on ignore?
Wait a minute. So we have a bears fan turned lions fan and vice versa. Kinda reminds me of a joke by brian regan when you see log tucks passing each other on the road going in opposite directions.

“If you got logs over there….and you got logs over there…….”.

Maybe a bad comparison but I’ve been drinking some good ol whiskey waiting for this ufc ppv to start so meh.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I can't say I was happy that was going to be the big FA signing - especially after he had talked about his signings to likely be the 2nd wave. In a vacuum, I could understand it as the 3 tech position is hugely important to this particular brand of defense. I would have preferred offensive line or a FA WR as his first attempted signing.

As it turns out, he did basically make no big FA signing as he had indicated initially would be the case. At least he didn't compound it by signing the injured DT anyway.

One interesting note on this draft's WR class - on one of the recent podcasts I listened to, they pointed out that there were actually a substantially lower than normal number of Day 3 WR's drafted this year. Speculation was it was a combination of not much depth to the class, but also that guys were potentially over-drafted on Days 1 and 2 leading to slimmer pickings on Day 3. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in the next couple of years.

I will say that Poles has not really reached for anyone in terms of value paid for player acquired given the market. The WR market in particular went nuts due in part to the Jaguars massive overpay to Kirk. But, there were a few deals out there, like Chark to DET, that had me go...why couldn't the Bears have done that? Unless they were scared away by the medicals after getting burned on the Ogunjobi medical?

At any rate, Poles has been cautious to start - and likely too cautious as it pertains to surrounding Fields with better talent. But in doing so, the hope is the team will be in a better overall position in 2023+.