*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Visionman

Liked Posts:
True dat!

At least it didn't take as long for the Lions to figure out the Ernie Accoursi hire was garbage.
Lol. The Lions have had bad GMs for 60 years. Pretty sure they have no clue what to look for. Neither do you.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Yeah sucks that since they drafted Kevin White, Mitch Trubisky, Adam Shaheen, Cole Kmet, Anthony Miller. Tevin Jenkins, James Daniel, Cody Whitehair and of course Justin Fields.

Like do people even research shit before they talk. Since Pace took over the Bears have had 15 picks in the 1st or second round. They have drafted 9 offensive players out of 15 ie 60% has been offense.
Thanks for the clarification. It's more accurate to say the prior regimes had no clue when it came to drafting for the offense. In any case, the result has been a third rate offense for many, many years. I guess one response is to say since we can't draft good offensive players, best to give them low priority in the draft and free agency.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True dat!

At least it didn't take as long for the Lions to figure out the Ernie Accoursi hire was garbage.

Yeah the sad thing is Pace has almost as many playoff appearances in 7 years (2) than the Lions have had in 22 years (3). So don't think you are in position to talk. You follow one of the few franchises in the NFL that Bears fans can look down upon.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah the sad thing is Pace has almost as many playoff appearances in 7 years (2) than the Lions have had in 22 years (3). So don't think you are in position to talk. You follow one of the few franchises in the NFL that Bears fans can look down upon.
@nc0gnet0 is never in a position to talk, yet always opens up his mouth

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Imma be honest those plays did not scream "YAC monster" at me. I sure hope his highlight reel has some bigger plays than those on it.
YAC come from 3 things; speed, shiftiness, and power. Jones has all 3.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Unfortunately, he may not be that far off from the truth. The Bears are going to have to expect a lot from Mooney, Kmet, and Pringle to with their running game. The other WRs and TEs may add flashes here and there, but not expecting any consistency out of them.

I think they can field a functional offense, but the real test will be: Can they figure out how to get TD's instead of settling for FG's when they do manage to move the ball or get short fields?

Canth

Liked Posts:
How long do UDFA’s typically sign for?

I always thought the typical, initial NFL contract was 3 years even for UDFAs. They get NFL minimum salary, maybe a small signing bonus and that's about it. In recent years, some of them have been able to get a certain amount of that minimum salary to be guranteed. Assuming they play all 3 years of that contract, they become RFA after that.

Outside the 1st round, drafted rookies sign an initial 4 year deal. 1st rounders then have that team 5th year option.

Once players get cut after the initial contract is when I think you see the various version of 1-2 year deals. That is also when the ERFA rules kick in like it did for Dazz Newsome.

on edit: Snippet of the rookie part below:
1652135400123.png

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
YAC come from 3 things; speed, shiftiness, and power. Jones has all 3.
He's not THAT shifty. Kinda good player shifty but not special. I do like the way he splits and bounces off guys to go north. He does get YAC but it's more from being able to stay upright through contact than it is avoiding additional contact.