What should the Chicago Bulls do with Coby White?

RagingBull

Liked Posts:
What should the Chicago Bulls do with Coby White?

Last edited by a moderator:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They’ll almost assuredly shop him. Can’t imagine he would net an even decent return though. BD seems to like him too. It’ll be interesting….I’m hoping they could trade him and land something decent, but I would not be shocked if he was back next year

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They’ll almost assuredly shop him. Can’t imagine he would net an even decent return though. BD seems to like him too. It’ll be interesting….I’m hoping they could trade him and land something decent, but I would not be shocked if he was back next year
The only value they'd get is packaging him with someone, IMO.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They were able to get something for Markkanen, so perhaps Coby has value too

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They were able to get something for Markkanen, so perhaps Coby has value too
This. All it takes is one team deciding he’s worth it. And even though I’m the president of the anti Coby white fan club, it’s not as though he’s a total dumpster fire of a player. Plus, he’s still 22 years old. I’m sure there’s a team or two that would look at him as a buy low candidate

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Hell, I would be happy if we could trade him for a 2nd rounder this year. I am totally intrigued by the two kids from Senegal.
Khalifa Diop
and
Ibou Dianko Badji

If we could also get Tari Eason in the first, that would make me happy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Hell, I would be happy if we could trade him for a 2nd rounder this year. I am totally intrigued by the two kids from Senegal.
Khalifa Diop
and
Ibou Dianko Badji

If we could also get Tari Eason in the first, that would make me happy.
Meh…I’m as down as Coby as the next guy but a 2nd round return would be a non starter for me.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Meh…I’m as down as Coby as the next guy but a 2nd round return would be a non starter for me.
Unfortunately, he has proven he is not worth anything higher. Maybe 2 seconds. If you think anyone is going to offer a 1st, it will be extremely protected. I think we would be lucky to get a pack of Pal Mals and a fifth of Henny.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, he has proven he is not worth anything higher. Maybe 2 seconds. If you think anyone is going to offer a 1st, it will be extremely protected. I think we would be lucky to get a pack of Pal Mals and a fifth of Henny.
To Bulls fans Coby ain't worth the dirt on the sidewalk, but we felt the same way about Lauri and still got something for him. I feel like Coby's value isn't quite as low as a late 2nd rounder. I agree if we did get a 1st it'd be a late one, but he's not entirely worthless yet.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
To Bulls fans Coby ain't worth the dirt on the sidewalk, but we felt the same way about Lauri and still got something for him. I feel like Coby's value isn't quite as low as a late 2nd rounder. I agree if we did get a 1st it'd be a late one, but he's not entirely worthless yet.
For a team that needs shooters, not sure trading a 22 year old that shot 39% on 6 attempts for a 2nd rounder is the best idea.

If that’s all the bulls could get, prob should just keep him and use him solely as a spot up shooter and put him through defensive drills all off-season. Spot up shooting and improved defense…those should be the goals and what’s stressed this summer.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For a team that needs shooters, not sure trading a 22 year old that shot 39% on 6 attempts for a 2nd rounder is the best idea.

If that’s all the bulls could get, prob should just keep him and use him solely as a spot up shooter and put him through defensive drills all off-season. Spot up shooting and improved defense…those should be the goals and what’s stressed this summer.
If only he shot 39% in the playoffs

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would consider sending him to the Lakers with Caruso and a third team involved for moving Westbrook.

Do we want Westbrook? Might depend on Lavines decision. And Lavine could sign and trade.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The new Lonzo Ball CCS article is better

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would consider sending him to the Lakers with Caruso and a third team involved for moving Westbrook.

Do we want Westbrook? Might depend on Lavines decision. And Lavine could sign and trade.
This sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I’m thinking more of what gives DeRozan a best last shot.

The DeRozan window is short. At worst Lavine can be what the Pistons had with Prince for many more years.

That’s why I don’t get not trading White at the deadline when he showed a glimpse of offensive talent.

No point in trading a young shooter young and raw really. We should keep him and let him become a good to great shooter.

I would have liked to trade Williams injured but I get not selling low and don’t know what was offered to the Pistons.

White needs a definitive role. He needs consistent minutes in the same role. His job should be scoring leader of the bench mob to give Lavine a breather. Lavine should only play 33-35 minutes, it’s just the body he has. You can’t play 80/40 with that body. It’s made for bursts of energy not for attrition.
This sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
This whole scenario is complete Deja Vu and I wonder if a lot of you that want to hold onto Coby subconsciously worry that the similarities to this and the Jamal Crawford trade has anything to do with it. I used to hear all the time on the old ESPN forums on how they wish we had kept Crawford or we should have gotten better in return. Both of their first three years are eerily similar.