Would fields have been the #1 pick in this draft?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This take is incredibly bad.

I could post the statistics of the number of all pro/pro talent that has come out of the big ten over say, the past 10 years vs other power 5 conference schools. The numbers would shock you, clearly. But I won't and let you continue to make yourself look like, well the way you look.
I'm not saying the BIG10 doesn't put players in the pros. But I'll let the college nerds hammer it out. The Big10 is boring af and I'm proud to say I barely watch it. ?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying the BIG10 doesn't put players in the pros. But I'll let the college nerds hammer it out. The Big10 is boring af and I'm proud to say I barely watch it. ?
Translation: I don’t know what I’m talking about, created another bad take and people are calling me out so I decided to say I don’t even watch their “inferior product” to save face

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The last sentence is obvious. But I wasn't talking about just putting body's in the pros. Rather the number of top of the food chain talent that is in the NFL from said conference.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You don't watch Big 10 football (maybe even college football in general), but you know it's 'D league'?

very interesting
Did you watch the Michigan vs Georgia game?

That was the best the Big10 had...?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did you watch the Michigan vs Georgia game?

That was the best the Big10 had...?
Okay - cherry pick one game ??

So if SEC is the A league and Big10 is the D league - I'd like to know what's in between?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Okay - cherry pick one game ??

So if SEC is the A league and Big10 is the D league - I'd like to know what's in between?
2 championships in 20 years. Both by OSU because it's D-LEAGUE! The rest of the BIG10 schools suck.

SmartSelect_20220512-150056_Chrome.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So, just so I'm clear, going back to your original post ITT - the SEC is the only conference worthy of drafting a QB from cuz the rest are D league?
The original thought was - devil's advocate - Fields maybe OVERRATED because he was beating up on D-LEAGUE schools in the Big10.

Note he was on the ONE team that's won a couple of championships in the last 20 years.

Maybe his regular season college stats are a bit....slanted.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Fields would have graded out as the #1 QB in this draft. Number 1 overall I am not so sure, but definitely a top 5 pick.
There is zero doubt that he would have been the #1 pick for several reasons:
  1. QBs are always drafted high if they are any good. Seeing that Fields would have easily been the #1 QB, he would have been on every team's radar which needed a QB. Seeing that Detroit was sitting there at #2 and having a pretty crappy QB as the starter, they would have certainly taken him at #2.
    1. Because every other team knew that they would have to jump over Detroit to get the one "franchise QB", there would have been an auction to get to #1.
    2. It would be Jacksonville's choice to only drop to #2 and still get a king's ransom or to drop lower and get a bigger king's ransom for the #1 pick. It would all depend on what Jacksonville thought about the top of the first round (which was reported to not be that special already).
  2. Because the 2022 NFL draft did not have any truly special players at the top, Jacksonville would have loved to trade the #1 for a team to move up and draft the one player in the draft who would have been head and shoulders above the rest of the players, Fields.
    1. It would have saved cap space because Jacksonville would not have to overpay for a very good player, but not great, who would have cost them the price of the #1 pick.
    2. Jacksonville could have gotten a 2023 #1 draft pick plus a slightly lower 2022 first round pick where they could draft a player whose value would match his draft position.
  3. Even if Fields were not the top player in the 2022 draft, which I believe he would have been, he would have moved up to the #1 spot because top QBs are always drafted earlier than their draft value because top QBs are always viewed as more valuable than other positions.