2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Marcus Smart just had the worst end to a game. He knocked the rebound out of Brown hand. Gets blocked by Jrue then picked by Jrue.

Boston just collapsed. Smart going to the rim seemed to not be the play cause the coach had words.
Smart probably had the worst ending to a game I've ever seen...

Two plays you didn't mention with the first was at 49 seconds, he drove to the basket, lost the ball, which was stolen by Giannis, who passed it up to Jrue, who passed to Portis, who passed back to Jrue, who then hit a three to tie the game. Smart also ran in on the rebound attempt off Giannis's missed free throw with 14 seconds left. He and Jaylen Brown basically collided on the rebound attempt, which allowed Portis to get it and put it up to take the lead.

While Boston collapsed, Smart was basically responsible for the entire last minute of the game.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm (mostly) joking. It is weird how competitive Memphis is able to still be without Morant. Regular season was the same way.

I kinda thought it'd be more like the 11-12 Bulls where in the regular season they played without Rose just fine, but once he ACL'd himself in G1, they played like shit sans winning G5 by 8 points in a defensive battle. They were also playing an 8 seed though versus the this Warriors team which is much better than the Sixers were.

Who knows, Memphis could still very well lose G6 and the universe goes back to "normal"
Offensively, they aren’t waiting around looking to Ja to make things happen. That is the difference.

That said, Ja’s ability to make something out of nothing is what the Grizz will miss. When the buckets are hard to come by, he’s the guy that can make it happen

Also, the fact the Grizz play so well without him is due to the fact they got some straight ballers on the team besides Ja. I been trying to tell y’all this all season long. Now that y’all are actually watching, it seems it’s being realized

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It does kind of amaze me how some teams could still play well without their best player and you have teams like the Bulls who got their ass beat into the ground for months with their top two guys in the lineup.

I think the Grizz embrace defense, play smart high IQ basketball, are extremely well coached, and have a roster of gritty players with heart and balls (for you @knoxville7 ). I don’t think the Bulls could claim to have any of those characteristics which is why the Grizz are hanging with the Warriors without Morant and why the Bulls looked like a JV team after the all star break

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Grizzlies are the only team I can think of that seems to play better without their best player. It's baffling, but nonetheless entertaining

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The Grizzlies are the only team I can think of that seems to play better without their best player. It's baffling, but nonetheless entertaining
Better? No…but there are a number of teams who could still compete and play well without their best player.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
E11E3DFC-9F45-4D6D-B086-DA6E0928FFDD.jpeg

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This seems like some kinda inside thing that I’m missing
Steph Curry was asked after game 4/before game 5, what the gameplan was to winning game 5. He responded with, “whoop that trick.” He said it because that’s the song Memphis plays when they beat teams at home. He was being an arrogant lil fuck lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Steph Curry was asked after game 4/before game 5, what the gameplan was to winning game 5. He responded with, “whoop that trick.” He said it because that’s the song Memphis plays when they beat teams at home. He was being an arrogant lil fuck lol
To be fair that’s a dumb song to play after a win. I’ve never heard it, but could almost assure it is lol…sounds disrespectful at the very least

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just looked up the lyrics….I was 100% correct lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
To be fair that’s a dumb song to play after a win. I’ve never heard it, but could almost assure it is lol…sounds disrespectful at the very least
After wins they play that dumb “all I do is win” crap like every other arena. Mixing in something different isn’t all bad

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just looked up the lyrics….I was 100% correct lol
You had your mind made up before you read or heard a second of it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better? No…but there are a number of teams who could still compete and play well without their best player.
For sure. Bulls ain't one of them.

Grizzlies I just find to be exceptionally strange because they play so well without Ja. I feel like there's no drop off in their level of play and in the case of the last game, they played better (or GSW really just forgot how to play basketball after the 1st quarter).

Enasic

Liked Posts:
For sure. Bulls ain't one of them.

Grizzlies I just find to be exceptionally strange because they play so well without Ja. I feel like there's no drop off in their level of play and in the case of the last game, they played better (or GSW really just forgot how to play basketball after the 1st quarter).
It is strange. It’s a testament to coaching and roster construction. The right people are in the building

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
You have never seen Hustle & Flow?

I remember downloading the songs on limewire way back when lol.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Zombie Deadspin giving my guy Embiid shit because he doesn't beat the Heat all by himself.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Never seen it. Tbf, I haven’t listened to the song but the lyrics are terrible. That said, lyrics don’t stop “I got 5 on it” from being one of the best rap songs of all time lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I was going to say…I didn’t think this was some new unheard of song before. Hell, the movie had another song come from it that won a Grammy

Also, if you ain’t from Memphis or spent time here, a lot of it people just don’t get

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I was going to say…I didn’t think this was some new unheard of song before. Hell, the movie had another song come from it that won a Grammy

Also, if you ain’t from Memphis or spent time here, a lot of it people just don’t get
I’d like to visit. Spent a week in pigeon forge a few years back and loved it