*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Bears were 0-4 in primetime last year, so enjoy!
Last I checked, thanksgiving was still primetime.......
Umm when the Lions play on Thanksgiving, that’s Soap Opera time, not prime time. Check your facts again please

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
I like the secondary. A more athletic secondary paired with the current d-line, LBs, and a defensive-minded head coach seem promising on paper.

I am extremely excited to see Montgomery and Herbert, curious about the rookie RB and fullback as well. I think we’ll all be watching Pringle and Velus Jones the closest in preseason. I’m hoping to be wowed. Kmet, maybe? At least Fields+Kmet will get a ton of preseason reps this year. Interested to see the other TEs deemed better that Horstead.

Hope Cairos Santos stays good. I could see this regime finding their own kicker at any moment, who knows. Hope the new punter doesn’t give me pause. Just execute. I like bringing in a young long snapper.

The offensive line is the most important and most unknown of the position groups. I think this is the primary thing causing early anger/frustration towards Poles among some fans. We’re Bears fans, we can’t close our eyes without seeing visions of Cutler being sacked ten times in a game. Seeing it happen with Fields already, we’ve shattered the emergency glass and we want to bring in some hired guns on offensive line. I want to see the line succeed more than any other group (besides Fields).

I’m hoping to feel some genuine excitement for the team’s future during preseason, rather than a feel a crushing reality set in (curl routes and Justin strip-sacked on the run, defense beat deep, anything that can go wrong will go wrong for three plays in a row on national tv, Rodgers insulting my grandma during a TD celebration in 4K and Dolby Atmos surround).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Burks was laboring in team drills, according to multiple reports, with breathing difficulties before going inside. He later returned, ran a few routes and worked with receivers coach Rob Moore on his releases and head fakes before heading back inside. Burks did not return the second time."

Let this come out if he was to have fallen to the Bears and Poles would be getting eviscerated for it
Wasn't there also talk that he showed up to the combine out of shape as well? Pretty sure there was.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Burks played at Arkansas. It’s hot down there. He must not have been properly hydrated.
I‘m glad this guy didn’t fall to the Packers. He’s going to be a stud.

He'll be better than Deebo. He's a beast. Watched him play a lot

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lol at arguing whether Thanksgiving is PT. Even if it was the only reason the Lions arr playing then is tradition. If for that tradition they would not be playing on Thanksgiving.
Well the entire organization has been a turkey for over half a century so them being a sacrificial turkey seems appropriate. I mean they haven't won in half a decade with the lowly Bears dealing them 3 of those 5 losses. I mean can you get much worse?