1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Does the Pope shit in the woods?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

I don't know why people are so hard on Kmet. After QB, TE is the hardest position to draft. Yea, he has trouble catching a pass in traffic. His run blocking is kind of meh. But as an all around player, he has done very well. Certainly for his draft position.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
meh. There was more hype than this on Kellen Davis

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't know why people are so hard on Kmet.
He was the first Bears selection that year so he is somewhat the "face" of the 2020 draft.

The first player selected for a team always gets the harshest criticism and is usually held to a higher standard.

Goldman was selected earlier than Kmet but Kevin White will always be the face of the 2015 draft just as Kmet will be for 2020.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Needs to make that leap this year.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Is what "real" exactly that you are referring towards in your title and then just linking a blog inside your original post without any expanding upon the articles content within the link? I don't know what exactly you are acturally questioning because the question is ambiguously unclear as to what you are asking?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
no, no he's not
It's a lower bar than you think. He was top 12 in receptions and yards. When you consider his overall blocking and the talent in the league, he probably is in the top half (which isn't a ringing endorsement).

The problem though is that there are the elite Tight Ends that are amazing. Then it just drops off. The next level is basically guys that provide stability at the position. Basically, someone just better than a replacement level player.

Luckily, year 3 is when tight ends tend to break out. Maybe he'll provide us with real stability for a while, even if he's not a Kelce type TE. Desmond Clark might be good enough.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's a lower bar than you think. He was top 12 in receptions and yards. When you consider his overall blocking and the talent in the league, he probably is in the top half (which isn't a ringing endorsement).

The problem though is that there are the elite Tight Ends that are amazing. Then it just drops off. The next level is basically guys that provide stability at the position. Basically, someone just better than a replacement level player.

Luckily, year 3 is when tight ends tend to break out. Maybe he'll provide us with real stability for a while, even if he's not a Kelce type TE. Desmond Clark might be good enough.

That's exactly it. He's a tight end and people are acting like he should be DK Metcalf LOL. He's not a WR.

For a tight end, he's above average. He's just not elite by any means.

I think what hasn't helped Cole is that the Bears had a dearth of talent at TE before he got drafted, and Nagy himself kind of hyped up Cole as a "missing piece" to his offense, so expectations were abnormally high. Even though we all know the book on Nagy now, that expectation he set for Cole I think is still subconsciously lingering in people's heads.

Kmet will make an excellent safety valve for Fields. He's far from elite, but he's a lot better than the shit we've had at the position, and is actually above average in the league overall.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How many stud TEs are in the NFL? They're so uncommon. Gotta lower the bar of expectations. He's definitely in the upper half of starting TEs in the league.
I agree. I was just kidding because that is what I do.

It IS sad that the stud to murderer TE is around a 10 to 1 ratio.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. Name 16 TEs you would rather have over Kmet.
Kelce,Waller, Kittle, Hockenson, Pitts, Fant,Gronk, Njoku, Higbee, Freiermuth, Cook, Ebron, Hooper,Schultz, UzumohEverett, and Andrews, THAT'S 17, Add Brate and Goedert, that's 19

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kelce,Waller, Kittle, Hockenson, Pitts, Fant,Gronk, Njoku, Higbee, Freiermuth, Cook, Ebron, Hooper,Schultz, UzumohEverett, and Andrews, THAT'S 17, Add Brate and Goedert, that's 19

Everett? Njoku? Efron? Hooper? Schultz? Uzomah? Higbee? Brate?
Lmao.
You've literally never seen most of these guys play.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everett? Njoku? Efron? Hooper? Schultz? Uzomah? Higbee? Brate?
Lmao.
You've literally never seen most of these guys play.
I've seen them all playand every one of them does it better than Cold Cement