Should the Chicago Bulls Pursue Rudy Gobert or Mitchell Robinson?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Last trade deadline most of the pundits thought we would trade for Jeremi grant. 4 months later no mention bulls are interested in him lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Last trade deadline most of the pundits thought we would trade for Jeremi grant. 4 months later no mention bulls are interested in him lol
There has been some, just the Gobert stuff overshadowing it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There has been some, just the Gobert stuff overshadowing it
Even so I feel like there hasn't been a truly strong link between Grant and the Bulls since the trade deadline. Nothing really seems to indicate the Bulls are heavily pursuing that option compared to the other rumors out there. Of course, it is just rumors so perhaps more on the DL they're exploring that option.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe I’m just so against the gobert move but I rather trade for grant.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you’re going to give up PWill, it’s for Gobert not Grant
I agree, but perhaps he has a very high opinion of Grant and maybe a not so high opinion of PWill. If that was the case, I could understand the suggestion. I'd like to believe PWill has a pretty decently high trade value though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I agree, but perhaps he has a very high opinion of Grant and maybe a not so high opinion of PWill. If that was the case, I could understand the suggestion. I'd like to believe PWill has a pretty decently high trade value though.
I won’t overrate Williams like many do. And I definitely don’t want to trade for gobert. I’m really just looking at any options right now that aren’t gobert

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't care about the Reinsdorf bank account, but rather hard locking the team with a duo of LaVine and Gobert. Although a great counterpoint would be that we know hoarding cap space rarely works and that new TV deals are on the horizon.

Gobert is also turning 30 which is a bit of a concern.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't care about the Reinsdorf bank account, but rather hard locking the team with a duo of LaVine and Gobert. Although a great counter point would be that we know hording cap space rarely works and that new TV deals are on the horizon.

Gobert is also turning 30 which is a bit of a concern.
I don’t think anyone cares about the reinsdorfs bank account. It’s about cap flexibility and the ability or lack thereof to assemble a championship roster.

That said, at this point, I don’t really care about the direction the Bulls go in. There’s a lot of smoke around Gobert to the Bulls, and assuming they don’t part with Williams to get it done, so be it. Bulls aren’t a contender with or without Gobert, but I just want to watch a team I can root for at this point. The product they put out on the floor over the last 30 or so games was unbearable and not worth any time or investment. If they can get back to a level like they did the first half of the season when they weren’t an embarrassment I guess that’s a win.

I’m not sure if Gobert does that on his own….but he should help at least.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone cares about the reinsdorfs bank account. It’s about cap flexibility and the ability or lack thereof to assemble a championship roster.

That said, at this point, I don’t really care about the direction the Bulls go in. There’s a lot of smoke around Gobert to the Bulls, and assuming they don’t part with Williams to get it done, so be it. Bulls aren’t a contender with or without Gobert, but I just want to watch a team I can root for at this point. The product they put out on the floor over the last 30 or so games was unbearable and not worth any time or investment. If they can get back to a level like they did the first half of the season when they weren’t an embarrassment I guess that’s a win.

I’m not sure if Gobert does that on his own….but he should help at least.
Without gobert they don't really have flexibility right? Aren't they already just looking at MLE every year with lavines extension? So the roster maneuvering for any big move is all trades or draft whether they do or don't make the trade

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without gobert they don't really have flexibility right? Aren't they already just looking at MLE every year with lavines extension? So the roster maneuvering for any big move is all trades or draft whether they do or don't make the trade
Technically long term they're really only looking at Lavine, Ball, and probably PWill's contracts on the books 3+ years down the line as big contracts. Vuc expires this year, DeRozan the next. New TV deal probably raises the cap at some point too so Ball's contract will probably be relatively cheap by then. Caruso is signed for like 3 more years also but his deal is super cheap.

Based on that, they have more future flexibility without acquiring Gobert in terms of raw cap space. Hard to get a big splash with just cap space though (because you have to fight everyone else for talent), so the point on trades or draft is still valid. However, having two max contracts on your books does probably limit what you can do in the trade scenario vs just Lavine's contract.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Technically long term they're really only looking at Lavine, Ball, and probably PWill's contracts on the books 3+ years down the line as big contracts. Vuc expires this year, DeRozan the next. New TV deal probably raises the cap at some point too so Ball's contract will probably be relatively cheap by then. Caruso is signed for like 3 more years also but his deal is super cheap.

Based on that, they have more future flexibility without acquiring Gobert in terms of raw cap space. Hard to get a big splash with just cap space though (because you have to fight everyone else for talent), so the point on trades or draft is still valid. However, having two max contracts on your books does probably limit what you can do in the trade scenario vs just Lavine's contract.
Personally I'd be okay with giving up Williams for gobert if they could turn around and work a small trade for boucher from Toronto and sign mo Bamba with MLE (not sure if realistic). The front court length would be ridiculous.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Personally I'd be okay with giving up Williams for gobert if they could turn around and work a small trade for boucher from Toronto and sign mo Bamba with MLE (not sure if realistic). The front court length would be ridiculous.
Boucher is also a FA so there'd have to be either a S&T to bring him here or he'd also have to eat into the MLE also. Not sure what the going rate is for either player so presuming it's not viable to sign both under the MLE. We'd have to give some nominal salary back to Toronto in a S&T I imagine to make that scenario work. I question the ability of those 3 players to fit on the same roster though, shot blocking prowess aside. Maybe it could work, idk.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Robinson is signing back with NYK.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pat Williams might pan out to be a very good player in the league. But we don't know for a fact he will in any reasonable amount of time. If the Bulls can somehow get a (current) great piece for him now, who can help them, it's hard to imagine them turning down the chance.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Does Durant have a no trade clause? He could make it hard on the nets if Chicago is the place he wants to go. Vuc/Williams/Coby/Green and 2-3 1st round picks???? I could dream right?