*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy and Co. were terrible but there is no scheme or route combination that makes up for your center letting a DT get past him - not just pressure he gets back to back fully behind him almost immediately after the snap. Quick interior pressure kills.
I used to hate when the Bears played San Francisco when they had Dana Stubblefield and Bryant Young for that very reason.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:

Just a reminder greg gabriel is the genius that drafted us Marc Colombo and Chris Williams....So I'm not gonna listen to crap he says on the offensive side of the ball since he also was the lead scout when they took David Terrell and Cedric Bustson when they already had a star RB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder greg gabriel is the genius that drafted us Marc Colombo and Chris Williams....So I'm not gonna listen to crap he says on the offensive side of the ball since he also was the lead scout when they took David Terrell and Cedric Bustson when they already had a star RB.

Well put.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Pretty sure Jerry Angelo was GM not Gabriel.

Marc Columbo was undone by injuries. He had a few decent seasons for the Cowboys once he got healthy.

In any event it is quite irrelevant to his point which had nothing to do with his draft ability. All he said is that the Bears aren't worried about RG as much as fans. That has fuck all to do with his draft record.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd love to see DK Metcalf on the Bears. I don't however love the idea of what it would cost to get him here to get a contract signed. Of course, that also means I don't want to see him going to Green Bay, Minnesota, or Detroit, because you know, Eff those MFs?
If the Rams didn’t trade away all their draft capital already, they would be in this. Green Bay never do trades for established players.

Canth

Liked Posts:
If the Rams didn’t trade away all their draft capital already, they would be in this. Green Bay never do trades for established players.

I rather doubt that. They already have and have paid Cooper Kupp. They signed Allen Robinson. And there is a decent chance that they still sign OBJ at some point. DK Metcalf would be a luxury to them and probably not worth both the draft picks and contract to get him. They are not desperate like other teams for WR help.