Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
You don’t have the patience to be a fan of a rebuild in the mlb
I don't think no one is, but since Theo Epstins 'the sustaines greatnes' bs failed here we go again. Just make the best of it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol someone is mad

imagine thinking you know the kid is a bust because he’s had 2 out of 3 starts go poorly

but hey, I guess he’d rather we kept KB, who still has zero HR’s this season and costs a fuck ton. Cubs STILL won that trade even if Kilian never pitches again, just by avoiding KB’s contract

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Killian will be fine, he is being called up because the MLB roster is riddled with injuries.
Killian has good accuracy but needs to work on his control. Meaning he won't walk a lot of players but he still has issues hitting certain spots in the zone that make it hard to hit. The control part takes some time to develop, and he will eventually get it.

Also the guy we traded for Killian isn't doing any better.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Killian will be fine, he is being called up because the MLB roster is riddled with injuries.
Killian has good accuracy but needs to work on his control. Meaning he won't walk a lot of players but he still has issues hitting certain spots in the zone that make it hard to hit. The control part takes some time to develop, and he will eventually get it.

Also the guy we traded for Killian isn't doing any better.

Control:. Able to throw strikes.

Command:. Able to throw strikes in location.

Hitting a medicine ball vs hitting a softball hanging over the plate. If you want to think about it.

From what I read. He was over whelmed but will take with him his lackings and focus on those.

So it is a growing experience

But if you miss on a pitch IE catcher has to move to get it. The Ump is not going to give you close calls and the hitter will launch duds.

He has the tools. Still think he needs a change or split.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh on the OP:

Wow. Someone has a stick up his ass.
He's a troll who rips on the Cubs while calling them "we". Not exactly the brightest bulb on the tree. I don't have him on ignore but I might as well have.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of your question, rather than a period, genius?
I normally wouldn't point that out, but since you're hellbent on calling others idiots.....

Grammar police when you realize you have no other argument lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He's a troll who rips on the Cubs while calling them "we". Not exactly the brightest bulb on the tree. I don't have him on ignore but I might as well have.

All good. He needs f-off and find a new hobby.

BTW: You guys might think Thompson and Steele are MR pitchers. IDC any more. He shut down a line up that has spanked 2 AAA pitchers.

Don't care. Results matter. We have to take the AL east as a basher league.

June numbers:

Steele : 1.89 ERA
Thompson 6.00 ERA
Hendricks 6.28 ERA
Swarmer 7.23 ERA
Kilian 10.32 ERA (Back in AAA)

Stroman and Smyly are doing bull pens. So I expect both back before July 1st. Other words Swarmer is going back down also.

Miley I wouldn't be shocked if he is out for the season and on the 60. Happens and his shoulder is a real problem.

If what we get out of this season is Steele and Thompson proving to be legit MLB starters then I would call it a success story. Cubs need to prove that they can home grow MLB starters any way that they can.

Last edited:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
At this point I feel like I don't even have words for some fans. Like... what's the expectation here? Literally the only player the cubs traded away who's playing well is Rizzo and I guess technically Darvish but do we really care about a 35 year old pitcher at this point? And while I don't expect everyone to follow minor league players... the depth the cubs have in hitting in the minors right now is actually absurd. To be blunt, I am far more bullish on this version of a rebuild or whatever you want to call it than I was with the last group. The last group was super top heavy thanks to a lot of high round picks from being terrible but behind those players the organization lacked a lot of depth. The problem of that is when they had to raid the farm system in trades they quickly ran out of fuel.

Additionally, the amount of pitching this version has is vastly superior. With guys like Wicks, Herz, Franklin and Killian they have legit starting prospects and that's to say nothing of names like Keegan Thompson, Steele, Alzolay and Marquez who are MLB ready. Previous crop didn't have that. It was Hendricks and buy a lot of vet pitching/trade for it. And with that amount of pitching even guys who don't make it as starters have a chance to be valuable bullpen pieces. Steele and Thompson have both already shown the ability to pitch well out of the bullpen so much so that they were given chances to start.

And I mean at the end of the day the previous crop of players clearly had flaws. The mets exposed them n 2015. 2016 was fantastic when everything fell into place but then you saw several years after that looked a lot more like that 2015 team the mets exposed.