*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As sad as it sounds, playing madden on higher difficulties has made it a lot easier for me to see defensive plays developing in real time on TV.

I guess it makes sense, even if the game is hot trash.
I am a little surprised that with the amount of conflict on this board, more people don't settle it via Madden matches.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Kind of sad actually. With the windfall of money coming into the NFL, the majority of that money will be consumed by 5-10% of the players, with the rest only seeing marginal increase's. I am all for the players getting what they can get, but think it should be spread out a little bit better. Something just not right about one player account for nearly 25% of a teams cap, on a team of 53

This is a good point. I think it could potentially have negative effects in the game in the long run.

Yes, QB’s are the most important position in football but if the trend continues and it will, most other positions will lose income over time.

Running backs already have been not only affected by salary, draft position but also in terms of length of careers.

Top echelon of players irrespective of position should make money but 40-50 million per year? Long time backups make 10 mil a year and hardly play for a long time.

This will potentially affect the length of careers at a lot of positions bc teams will have to employ young low draft picks and undrafted players to fill rosters.

Obviously getting a great qb is paramount to any sort of success in todays NFL and is worth the high salaries if you want success and spend less in a lot of positions.

Qb’s and all offensive players outside of rb’s are more important to success in NFL today. You can win with a middling defense if you have the right offensive talent.

And the Bears spend more on the defensive side of the ball??????

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a good point. I think it could potentially have negative effects in the game in the long run.

Yes, QB’s are the most important position in football but if the trend continues and it will, most other positions will lose income over time.

Running backs already have been not only affected by salary, draft position but also in terms of length of careers.

Top echelon of players irrespective of position should make money but 40-50 million per year? Long time backups make 10 mil a year and hardly play for a long time.

This will potentially affect the length of careers at a lot of positions bc teams will have to employ young low draft picks and undrafted players to fill rosters.

Obviously getting a great qb is paramount to any sort of success in todays NFL and is worth the high salaries if you want success and spend less in a lot of positions.

Qb’s and all offensive players outside of rb’s are more important to success in NFL today. You can win with a middling defense if you have the right offensive talent.

And the Bears spend more on the defensive side of the ball??????
I am all for the salary cap going up, and the players getting every dime they can get, but I wish the money was spread around a lot better. I think it is time for the NFL to start looking into a Max contract scenario, something like the NBA has, with tweaks obviously.