*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Fields is legit, we are going to be unbearable to other teams / fans and I am here for it. No pun intended bitches

I like how all of the twitter fanalysts think they're coming with the bring brain content by talking about how good it'll be for the Bears if the guy they drafted to be a franchise QB ends up being good. Yes, its a major win if their young QB proves himself to be legit and is healthy. Thank you Mark!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like how all of the twitter fanalysts think they're coming with the bring brain content by talking about how good it'll be for the Bears if the guy they drafted to be a franchise QB ends up being good. Yes, its a major win if their young QB proves himself to be legit and is healthy. Thank you Mark!
Hard hitting sports talk!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I am all for the salary cap going up, and the players getting every dime they can get, but I wish the money was spread around a lot better. I think it is time for the NFL to start looking into a Max contract scenario, something like the NBA has, with tweaks obviously.

I concur! I’m all for everyone trying to get max salaries. Don’t know what’s best bc I can see both sides of the story.

Id like to see what would happen in contracts that are incentive laden where pro bowl talent type guys get paid huge amounts but that model has flaws too- how do you really look at stats and make comp plan?

Stats can be misleading and don’t always tell whole story- how do you really grade offensive lineman etc. ??

Fair is ambiguous but whatever is most fair is probably best.

Chicago and Detroit fans can agree!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I read somewhere that they share a pot of revenue amongst owners. Maybe through that Dan Snyder fiasco.

Increased gambling opportunities, more seating, etc would increase that pot.
That math doesn’t work out though. Bears’ values increases by $1B but the 31 other teams increase by a collective $7.75B….? Hmmm

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I concur! I’m all for everyone trying to get max salaries. Don’t know what’s best bc I can see both sides of the story.

Id like to see what would happen in contracts that are incentive laden where pro bowl talent type guys get paid huge amounts but that model has flaws too- how do you really look at stats and make comp plan?

Stats can be misleading and don’t always tell whole story- how do you really grade offensive lineman etc. ??

Fair is ambiguous but whatever is most fair is probably best.

Chicago and Detroit fans can agree!
The max contract thing isn’t a good idea. If a team wants as grossly overpay for a QB and not be able to field a quality team around them, it’s their grave they dig.

Really, the only QBs worth those huge contracts are the truly elite guys who can carry a lesser team. And even that has limits. But if you have a max contract, middling QBs are going to be getting the same as the top guys, and the top QBs will just be like NBA players, going to a different team every couple of years trying to win a championship before the team has to be blown up, since the money would be the same. Rich would just get richer.

Smart teams will figure out the best method is to build a solid team, and then add a quality QB to that.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
That math doesn’t work out though. Bears’ values increases by $1B but the 31 other teams increase by a collective $7.75B….? Hmmm

Yeah I’m not saying his math is correct but the Bears would be valued way higher than just $1B extra on their current evaluation. My guess would be they double. I do think they share in their overall profits some when it comes to vacant seating etc.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I’m honestly surprised there’s not an old fat guy riding his lawn mower shirtless with a Milwaukees Best in the background.

dont shit on my youth guy. u dont know the beast ice..

my hs days were filled with nights of pounding the milwaukees best ice.... 5.9 baby..

oh if they came skunkyyy.. just matched the skunk we were puffing..