Packer's Offensive Line Woes

msadows

Liked Posts:
Have a feeling this might be the worst division in foozball. Packers without rodgers are a bad team. Vikings lions mediocre....bears bad.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
With a depleted line last year, they were in the middle of the pack as a unit, and lost their worst ranked OL to the bears.

I’d kill for the bears to be middle of the pack with the OL. Instead they’re the worst, slightly upgrading at center, hoping for 2 rookies who struggled a lot last year improve at tackle spots, no RG, and a declining Cody Whitehair in a new scheme—which the visionless one believes will automatically make guys who can’t hold a block be better.

Bakthiari will be back. Nevermind Rodgers is the smartest qb and knows how to get rid of it when his protection breaks down whereas we saw Fields hold onto the ball way too long. Sure, they have tons of room for improvement—who doesn’t? But I don’t think the packers’ present OL position is anything to scoff at, especially when what the bears are doing at OL is sure to be comically bad.
Not one snap has taken place, yet they're gonna be 'comically bad.'

If they're not, I hope you go find a new team to be a douche for.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The deadline to decide if a player needs to stay on the PUP list into the regular season is August 23rd, just after the team’s second preseason game.

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 80 players on the Active/Inactive List.
Simultaneously with the roster reduction to 80 players, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness may select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; terminate or request waivers with the designation of Failed Physical or Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness List.

...I don't think we are really, actually disagreeing here. All I am saying is that the only way for a player to get on the PUP list is for him to be placed on it prior to training camp. He can basically be removed from PUP at any time during training camp. Yes, the dates you are showing for roster cut downs would constitute deadlines for those decisions. However, my understanding is that they can make that decision to remove a player from PUP at any time prior to the deadline. They would have to make a subsequent roster move to open up the spot if they were already at the roster size limit to activate the player from PUP or NFI for that matter.

In the snippet you have shown, it is talking about making a decision for players already on PUP to basically keep them on PUP or activate them off of PUP. It is not saying that teams can place a player on PUP at that time for the first time.

So, once a player has practiced in training camp, they cannot be placed on PUP. I believe the same is true for NFI - they cannot be placed on NFI once they have reported and been active for a training camp practice. For a player that starts on the active roster at the beginning of training camp that gets injured in a TC practice, the decision is whether to keep them on the active roster or place them on IR at the roster cut down deadlines.

The IR rules get a little funky, not sure if they have 'fixed' it yet where if you placed a player on IR before the final roster cut to 53 then they were done for the year, full stop. I want to say it was that if you held the player on active roster, then after the one waiver period after cuts to 53 placed him on IR, he could be designated to return as early as 8 weeks? Something like that.

So, once the 53 man roster is set: Players on PUP have to sit at least 4 weeks. Players on IR have to sit at least 8 weeks. And I think there is a 3 week window where they can start to practice but not be counted on the active roster once the 53 man is set and the season starts. If they start the 3 week window, then don't activate, then I think they have to go on the long-term season ending IR.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Have a feeling this might be the worst division in foozball. Packers without rodgers are a bad team. Vikings lions mediocre....bears bad.
The AFC South, NFC East and NFC South can all be pretty bad divisions too.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Not one snap has taken place, yet they're gonna be 'comically bad.'

If they're not, I hope you go find a new team to be a douche for.
Sorry I hurt your feelings with proper expectations for a bad team, cupcake.

Sorry I chose to give the team that gave up the most pressures and sacks in the league and lost their best 2 OL a ‘comically bad’ moniker. Should have given them a participation trophy and juice box instead.

Want some sunshine and rainbows? A 5th round pick became an all pro LT for the packers, so maybe one of the two Poles took can also be an all pro, correlation of 5th round OL turning into all pros be damned!!!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t matter. If the packers OL learn the secret holding technique they’ll be fine
THIS

Whole vid is good, but jump ahead for specifics @5:40:

NFL responded by claiming to emphasize the Lobster block, but it was just a bunch of talk and few were ever called since.
NFL to emphasize holding, eliminate lobster blocks?

Don't worry, the motherfuckers in pinstripes got their backs. ? ? ?

10 years worth of extreme deviation on # of 1st downs gifted to GB:

Packers get Ref Calls.png

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I’ll err on the side of recent history and that the packers will still be good until proven otherwise.

It’s the best chance in a few years for the Bears to beat them as far as
Competition is concerned but the Bears are also arguably worse than last year. Maybe not but on paper they might be

twetz

Liked Posts:
People were saying that the line of the Packers was weak for quite sometime, yet Rodgers still had his way with the Bears. I hate to say it, but unless ROH is coming back to injure him again, it's kind of like, don't count out the best player on the field, and I bitterly say that still Rodgers.
Look, we all know how this works. If his o-line is even a little bit worse, he has to get the ball out quicker or scramble more. Who are the players on the receiving end of those quick passes? Sammy Watkins? Mercedes Lewis? A rookie that played real well against lesser competition? (in addition to Adams, MVS also left the Packers). Scrambling around increases his chance for injury. He's had calf problems in the past. Rodgers deserves credit, and the chances that you're right about him are probably better than the chances he, or his offense plays poorly, but that's the fun of watching sports, isn't it?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...I don't think we are really, actually disagreeing here. All I am saying is that the only way for a player to get on the PUP list is for him to be placed on it prior to training camp. He can basically be removed from PUP at any time during training camp. Yes, the dates you are showing for roster cut downs would constitute deadlines for those decisions. However, my understanding is that they can make that decision to remove a player from PUP at any time prior to the deadline. They would have to make a subsequent roster move to open up the spot if they were already at the roster size limit to activate the player from PUP or NFI for that matter.

In the snippet you have shown, it is talking about making a decision for players already on PUP to basically keep them on PUP or activate them off of PUP. It is not saying that teams can place a player on PUP at that time for the first time.

So, once a player has practiced in training camp, they cannot be placed on PUP. I believe the same is true for NFI - they cannot be placed on NFI once they have reported and been active for a training camp practice. For a player that starts on the active roster at the beginning of training camp that gets injured in a TC practice, the decision is whether to keep them on the active roster or place them on IR at the roster cut down deadlines.

The IR rules get a little funky, not sure if they have 'fixed' it yet where if you placed a player on IR before the final roster cut to 53 then they were done for the year, full stop. I want to say it was that if you held the player on active roster, then after the one waiver period after cuts to 53 placed him on IR, he could be designated to return as early as 8 weeks? Something like that.

So, once the 53 man roster is set: Players on PUP have to sit at least 4 weeks. Players on IR have to sit at least 8 weeks. And I think there is a 3 week window where they can start to practice but not be counted on the active roster once the 53 man is set and the season starts. If they start the 3 week window, then don't activate, then I think they have to go on the long-term season ending IR.
Yeah, my point was, on Aug 23, as I understand it, you would know if players placed on the PUP during camp will be out the first 4 games of the season. Prior to that, they can indeed be placed on and off it as you said. But, they can not activate a player from the PUP 1-2 days prior to the first regular season game, that is the point I was trying to make.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Packers defense is elite. For sure. But the offense is looking might vulnerable. Yea, Rodgers is elite. But he's 38. His WRs corps is probably the worst in the NFL. Now, both David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are on the PUP list. That offensive line is looking as shaky as the Bears, at least to start out the season. I think it is conceivable that the Bears steal a win on September 18th. Pack is vulnerable for sure.
:jonesy:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Packers defense is elite until they find a team that likes to run the ball and play physically. Then you see what guys like Kenny Clark are really made of when they aren't bumslaying the Bears and Lions.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Packers defense is elite until they find a team that likes to run the ball and play physically. Then you see what guys like Kenny Clark are really made of when they aren't bumslaying the Bears and Lions.

Their first two draft picks from the 2022 draft might solve that isssue. Make no mistake about it, Packers are stacked on defense.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
The Bears will generate 0 pressure on Rodgers regardless.... we know this.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers defense is elite. For sure. But the offense is looking might vulnerable. Yea, Rodgers is elite. But he's 38. His WRs corps is probably the worst in the NFL. Now, both David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are on the PUP list. That offensive line is looking as shaky as the Bears, at least to start out the season. I think it is conceivable that the Bears steal a win on September 18th. Pack is vulnerable for sure.
The packers hit on unknown later round offense line on the regular though

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

I would worry less about the Packers and more about the Bears.

For example, is the only conceivable way for the Bears to prevail is to hope to "steal" a win?

What's that say about our team?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I would worry less about the Packers and more about the Bears.

For example, is the only conceivable way for the Bears to prevail is to hope to "steal" a win?

What's that say about our team?

Seeing as how the Bears would have to go through the Packers to advance into the playoffs, we are required to worry about them.

What does it mean the fact that are hoping the Bears "steal" a win? It means the previous GM/coach traded away our future draft capital, left glaring holes in the roster, leveraged future cap space, led the Bears to eventually have the 2nd highest dead cap space in the NFL, handed off the oldest roster in the NFL, and developed no young talent. In fact, if you were to ask me about if there was another way Pace/Nagy could have screwed up the Bears, I would say, no. They hurt the Bears in every way humanly possible. It also means Poles can't solve this problem in one year.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Seeing as how the Bears would have to go through the Packers to advance into the playoffs, we are required to worry about them.

What does it mean the fact that are hoping the Bears "steal" a win? It means the previous GM/coach traded away our future draft capital, left glaring holes in the roster, leveraged future cap space, led the Bears to eventually have the 2nd highest dead cap space in the NFL, handed off the oldest roster in the NFL, and developed no young talent. In fact, if you were to ask me about if there was another way Pace/Nagy could have screwed up the Bears, I would say, no. They hurt the Bears in every way humanly possible. It also means Poles can't solve this problem in one year.

In order to be the best, you have to beat the best.

And if Green Bay falters (no good reason right now to think they will, btw), then someone else will take their place.

And since that's unlikely to be the 2022 Bears, we'd have to sweat them then, I guess.

So, we'd be right back to square one.

I think we should just focus on getting better.

My 2 cents.