Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Roquan trade incoming (jokes, unless you are Hub)
Word in the offseason was that Jones was working out hard in general, also increasing his velocity and quickening release. Will be interesting to see if it gets the expected results or Ds find a kink in the armor. Last year, Pats playbook was limited due to Jones physical limitations of mobility strength and velocity. What was there was managed very well but D's catch up if you don't improve, especially in the playoffs.

Fields was extremely limited by the coaching and O last year. Coaching matters as much or more than players (unless they're absolute mopes) in the NFL.

Will be fun to watch all of last years rookie QBs correct, improve and progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Word in the offseason was that Jones was working out hard in general, also increasing his velocity and quickening release. Will be interesting to see if it gets the expected results or Ds find a kink in the armor. Last year, Pats playbook was limited due to Jones physical limitations of mobility strength and velocity. What was there was managed very well but D's catch up if you don't improve, especially in the playoffs.

Fields was extremely limited by the coaching and O last year. Coaching matters as much or more than players (unless they're absolute mopes) in the NFL.

Will be fun to watch all of last years rookie QBs correct, improve and progress.

It just makes me wonder if a strength training regiment could increase his velocity as he couldn't throw for more than 5yds down the field. He had some truly awful numbers on deep passes and most of those throws were rainbows and easily defensed against. And if his arm strength did improve, how does it(if it does) affect his accuracy? Brady Quinn infamously put on a lot of muscle while at ND and his intermediate & deep ball accuracy was terrible after his Junior Year.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:

It would be ok.

However, I don't like that many fumbles and I do not like that many rushing yards. I think Fields is a passer than can run, not a runner that occasionally passes. So, imo, the over 600 yards rushing is not a good thing and would also lead to injuries as that means he is likely taking way too many hits.

2021 QB Rushing yards:
1658844013633.png

Passing yards wise, the 3339 yards passing is ok for his 2nd year and 1st year in the new offense. I would be interested in his projected completion % and efficiency within those yardage numbers. Those yards with a higher completion percentage and efficient running of the offense would make me feel better than those kinds of numbers with less than say 60% completion percentage.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It just makes me wonder if a strength training regiment could increase his velocity as he couldn't throw for more than 5yds down the field. He had some truly awful numbers on deep passes and most of those throws were rainbows and easily defensed against. And if his arm strength did improve, how does it(if it does) affect his accuracy? Brady Quinn infamously put on a lot of muscle while at ND and his intermediate & deep ball accuracy was terrible after his Junior Year.
I doubt Jones becomes muscle bound, LOL. Joking but his biggest attribute has always been touch so it's likely it hasn't just left him. I look at this as more like Brady's take on things than I do Quinn. I take our healthy WR corp over theirs last year so... That said, their O did fit their players better.

He obviously needed to get stronger and that was known on draft day but his deep ball is not as bad as claimed. Just lacked velocity.

Look, I get it, He's not the guy you want throwing too many tight outs or skinny posts but I certainly wouldn't get on his case for trying to correct those very things.

Last edited: