Bears sign OT Riley Reiff

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Cut Michael Schofield to make room. Immediate upgrade!

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles first oline signing that moves the needle for me.

Reactions: Myk

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

The O-line definitely needs some help, so bringing in a vet on a one-year deal makes sense.

The devil is in the details - Is Reiff's body on the verge of breaking down, or does he have enough in the tank for one solid year? If it's the former, have the Bears left themselves and escape route in the contract - The team is already saddled with a lot of dead money.

Hoping for the best.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lot of $, dude is pretty old. He's been a decent LT, very low number of penalties, but the price looks a bit high for what he is likely to give at this point in his career.

Hopefully not much of it is guaranteed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is he any good?
Meh but serviceable. He got old guy LT money.

Anyone thinking that we wouldn't be signing guys like this was simply premature and fooling themselves. Poles wasn't done with the OL.

We now have a serviceable vet G and T at what were the most questionable positions. Fire up the kids and make them take it way.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is good. Allows for a more honest assessment of Fields, allows the young talent to be eased into hopefully starting roles, gives @Black Rainbow an out to claim it's the supporting cast when Fields looks much improved, gives @Visionman more support for his immediate allegiance to a brand new rookie GM for his current #1 NFL team.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I remember wanting this dude years ago when he was a free agent coming off the Lions. But having to sign a guy at 33 years old to a one year contract being potentially worth up to 12.5 mil sends a message of what the staff thinks about the current personnels development/health. Either way, I'm happy to have the insurance and it would be a shame to waste a year of Justin's development by having him run for his life again...

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I dont mind a one year rental for a tackle that can start. I am somewhat relieved; Reiff has had a good career overall and isnt too old to play this year.

Now that we have someone who can man a tackle spot, we can also look to the voluntary camp as time to give extra reps to down roster guys to see what they have.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They could have got better in fa for slightly more but the gm fell asleep at the wheel

Hopefully this puts to bed the dumb ass idea 3 7th round rookies going to start on the oline. They are lucky to make it as back ups
Which LT could the the Bears have had for slightly more in FA?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I remember wanting this dude years ago when he was a free agent coming off the Lions. But having to sign a guy at 33 years old to a one year contract being potentially worth up to 12.5 mil sends a message of what the staff thinks about the current personnels development/health. Either way, I'm happy to have the insurance and it would be a shame to waste a year of Justin's development by having him run for his life again...
I see this signing as the Bears giving their rookie 3rd day draft picks time to develop. Hope the four veterans now on this line give Fields enough time in the pocket to elevate the skill positions around him.