**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fucked probably isn't the right word to use. He's getting very nearly ten million guaranteed this year alone no matter what happens. He'll be taking home the fourth most cash of any MLB in the NFL this year no matter what happens injury-wise. He should be suiting up, its preposterous for him not to. He's not underpaid by any means.
Preposterous probably isn't the right word to use. He wants a new contract, it isn't about how he's currently compensated, and this isn't an uncommon situation at all.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucked probably isn't the right word to use. He's getting very nearly ten million guaranteed this year alone no matter what happens. He'll be taking home the fourth most cash of any MLB in the NFL this year no matter what happens injury-wise. He should be suiting up, its preposterous for him not to. He's not underpaid by any means.
10 mil is peanuts compared to what he will receive guaranteed. This is a rookie Salary, not like it is something that was negotiated and now he is backing out of it. The "fifth year option" is nothing more than the franchise tag for rookies. What he is asking could very well be unreasonable, however, I don't blame him a bit.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Relative to the market, he is. Relative to you and I, he is filthy rich.

If you were trying to sell your house and people were offering you far less than what it is worth, under what circumstances would you accept half the value of your house? Like it or not, his body is an asset in this league and it is in his best interest that he maximizes his paycheck.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I know today's practice is closed but does anyone know if they're in pads?

Oh yeah, Flus has them going full contact today. Have to take advantage of those closed practices.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
10 mil is peanuts compared to what he will receive guaranteed. This is a rookie Salary, not like it is something that was negotiated and now he is backing out of it. The "fifth year option" is nothing more than the franchise tag for rookies. What he is asking could very well be unreasonable, however, I don't blame him a bit.
Fifth year options for first round picks are not "rookie" salary really. Like I said, he's earning more than all but three other guys at his position this year.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Relative to the market, he is. Relative to you and I, he is filthy rich.

If you were trying to sell your house and people were offering you far less than what it is worth, under what circumstances would you accept half the value of your house? Like it or not, his body is an asset in this league and it is in his best interest that he maximizes his paycheck.
Except he's not getting short-changed this year. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm actually a little nervous about the Vikings this year. I don't have a good reason; just a feeling that the new coaching staff will eek out more from that roster..
I think Justin Jefferson is going to be a major problem this year, and I can see a quick trigger on Cousins to get some looks at Mond.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Except he's not getting short-changed this year. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Guess you don't understand the part of maximizing your contract. The Bears got a bargain at 5 yr/$28 mil.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would think 10% snaps and possibly the one based on playing time would be deemed "likely to be earned" by the NFL.

3 mil + 4.5 mill + 2.5 mil is 10 mil.

I think the original report was correct.

Original report made it seem like all the incentives were LTBE. Also it appears to be 10% of snaps and improvement in 6 offensive categories which would be NLTBE as improvements suggests they were not met in prior year. It would only be LTBE if the 10% was independent of the improvement in the 6 categories but that is not how Biggs wrote it. He said 10% of snaps and improvement in 6 categories is worth 4.5m.

Then there is another amount for playing time which would be LTBE if it is consistent with his playing last year and then the playoff bonus which is NLTBE because we missed playoffs last year.

Finally this is saying only 3m counts against cap which would only be true if all the incentives were deemed NLTBE. So someone has it wrong.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No it is the right word to use if it causes him to miss out on a 100m contract. 100m > 15-17m

Also not a MLB. He is playing WILL in this D.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I wonder if he is actually injured or if this is just part of the ongoing contract saga?
Entirely part of the contract saga.

Very interested to see the actual contract details because im getting a strong sense that some of the details that media is releasing are wrong/guesses. A lot of the incentives *based on what has been reported* seem like slam dunk of LTBE, but then they wouldnt be pushed to next years cap.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Original report made it seem like all the incentives were LTBE. Also it appears to be 10% of snaps and improvement in 6 offensive categories which would be NLTBE as improvements suggests they were not met in prior year. It would only be LTBE if the 10% was independent of the improvement in the 6 categories but that is not how Biggs wrote it. He said 10% of snaps and improvement in 6 categories is worth 4.5m.

Then there is another amount for playing time which would be LTBE if it is consistent with his playing last year and then the playoff bonus which is NLTBE because we missed playoffs last year.

Finally this is saying only 3m counts against cap which would only be true if all the incentives were deemed NLTBE.
The improvements are the Bears offense, not things about Reiff last year. And it's one of six categories, not all six. We don't know those categories, but it's very likely the Bears improve in one. There is also an additional snaps incentive, which is probably LTBE. Likely $10mil LTBE as was reported.