**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You assume Arob would have had the same production with CHI this year. Which is dumb imo. It ignores the fact that he’s capable of putting up big season like he previously did in CHI.

I bet he would have become much more interested with a new coach and new contract in CHI had he stayed.

Given how pissed Poles seemed to be regarding OL that would see Fields get hit and not do anything about it, I can't imagine Poles would view ARob half assing it and putting Fields at risk as worthy of a contract. His whole attitude last year runs counter to Eberflus' HITS philosophy and again he put the development of a rookie QB at risk. If Fields did not run out of bounds and that defender blew him up, I think we would be having a very different convo about ARob. What he did to Fields on that play was gutless.
Why not both?
Well because I don't think it makes any sense. When I watch the tape, I don't see a guy that was schemed out. Nagy is a terrible playcaller and what I see is a guy affected by terrible play calls like everyone else. The difference is Mooney overcame that and ARob didn't.

I mean there were a couple of times Fields threw to ARob deep and the dude just stopped running his route. Think one of them even led to an Int if I am not mistaken.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How could it be met, if he didn't play on the Bears last year?

I would presume team objectives would need to be met by the team not Reiff. So for example a LTBE incentive would be if the Bears O throws for 3500 yards as they threw for 3635 last year. But since it says improved in 6 categories then I would expect it to be that the Bears O throws for 4000 yards which would be NLTBE since they didn't reach that last year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You assume Arob would have had the same production with CHI this year. Which is dumb imo. It ignores the fact that he’s capable of putting up big season like he previously did in CHI.

I bet he would have become much more interested with a new coach and new contract in CHI had he stayed.
Idk Les. I’m wondering if Arob is a big fish in a small pond at this point. He has always played with bad or rookie QBs on a team that wasn’t that talented at WR and put up numbers because of it. I’m curious to see what he does with The Rams

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Think he might have just been pointing out that it was any of the 6 as earlier I incorrectly said all 6. But yes either way they would be NLTBE as would not have been met in prior year.
LTBE incentives count against the current years cap. NLTBE the next years. So if these calculations for the cap are correct, all 6 must be areas he didn’t achieve last season, right? Otherwise, the cap hit would be this season, not next.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LTBE incentives count against the current years cap. NLTBE the next years. So if these calculations for the cap are correct, all 6 must be areas he didn’t achieve last season, right? Otherwise, the cap hit would be this season, not next.

The 6 categories are team objectives that I presume the team did not meet. Not individual ones. Similar to for example the playoff bonus. That is still NLTBE because the Bears missed the playoffs last year. It wouldn't be LTBE on basis he made playoffs last year with Bengals.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Nope, not assuming anything. I was referring to LAST YEARS production compared to the potential that this group of receivers has for 2022. Allen Robinson was targeted 38 times for 410 yards, and as remy mentioned was 3rd worst in the league in yards of separation. Pringle easily replaces that production and brings MUCH more in terms of run blocking and separation ability that his young QB needs. Also, he would have made that catch against cincy and kept running for the ball in the end zone on the pass that should have been a free play against GB.

I'd take that a step further and say that N'Keal and VJ will more than replace the production by Goodwin and Byrd.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't a 1k yards season be strong evidence that he dropped off a cliff because Nagy refused to include him in the game plan? Not the opposite?
No, it proves Arob has and always was a great receiver. He never fell off a cliff. A 1k season would show he always had the talent and the ability. But Nagy simply stopped involving him in the gameplan. Sure, Arob will play second fiddle to Cooper Kupp. But he is a #1. Most offenses would make him the focal point. But he wasn't getting targets. He wasn't having plays designed to get him the ball.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

Ok, Arob had one really costly drop against the Browns. It was bad.

That Packer's game was late in the year. Nagy had already taken Arob out of the offensive gameplan by this point in the season. Robinson sat out for a few games to protect himself. Sure, you can say he didn't give good effort this play. But Bears did him wrong well before this point in the season. Plus, they weren't getting him the ball this game either like usual.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Really don't think Nagy schemed him out. Fields didn't trust him. It is as simple as that. Part of that is likely because ARob gets very little separation (3rd worst in entire NFL for receivers with enough targets) and Fields doesn't throw with anticipation yet and part of that is Fields is not stupid and could see ARob was half assing it out there.

Maybe if ARob got tons of separation it would not matter but if I am a rookie QB still trying to figure out the speed and rhythm of the NFL, I am not going to throw a ton of passes to a guy who is usually tightly covered (again 3rd worst in entire NFL) when you can't trust their contested catch ability because they are half assing it. That is a recipe for ints if you throwing to a guy who can give up on a route at any moment when defenders are 1.9 yards away.

Fields is nothing if not a workaholic so when you have a guy like Mooney putting in the work with you while ARob is pouting about his contract and giving piss poor effort whether receiving or blocking, then you are going to favor throwing to Mooney.

I'm not buying this narrative. Or at least not blaming Arob, if this is even minutely true. The bottom line is that Arob was averaging 100 catches and near 1,200 yards receiving the last two seasons with the Bears.

I agree that Fields likes to throw to guys with separation, but in the NFL its not always going to be there. You have to trust your playmakers. And even if Fields was hesitant, Matt Nagy should have done what was necessary to make sure his top playmaker got the ball in his hand. You design and call plays for Arob. You do everything to help your rookie QB by having him utilize his best weapon. Fields can make a tight throw. But you have to force feed Arob the ball.

If Fields starts throwing the INT, then you adjust. But until then it should make life easier when you get your top playmaker involved.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No, it proves Arob has and always was a great receiver. He never fell off a cliff. A 1k season would show he always had the talent and the ability. But Nagy simply stopped involving him in the gameplan. Sure, Arob will play second fiddle to Cooper Kupp. But he is a #1. Most offenses would make him the focal point. But he wasn't getting targets. He wasn't having plays designed to get him the ball.
Then it does make sense to blame his lack of production on Nagy. And you called people who did that idiots. It doesn't make sense.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not buying this narrative. Or at least not blaming Arob, if this is even minutely true. The bottom line is that Arob was averaging 100 catches and near 1,200 yards receiving the last two seasons with the Bears.

I agree that Fields likes to throw to guys with separation, but in the NFL its not always going to be there. You have to trust your playmakers. And even if Fields was hesitant, Matt Nagy should have done what was necessary to make sure his top playmaker got the ball in his hand. You design and call plays for Arob. You do everything to help your rookie QB by having him utilize his best weapon. Fields can make a tight throw. But you have to force feed Arob the ball.

If Fields starts throwing the INT, then you adjust. But until then it should make life easier when you get your top playmaker involved.
I mean at this point is there a reason to even argue with you since your man crush on A-Rob is blatant?

A-Rob was an excellent receiver for the Bears with the exception of last year, where he had a pity party over not getting a contract extension. The coaches did indeed screw with him a little in terms of the routes they gave him to run, but it's a contract year and even if you're given the shittiest route, you run that shit route to the best of your ability, because even if you're down, you know it's a contract year and you need to put up numbers to try to get paid.

In a year when you see athletes go all out because they all want to get paid, A-Rob folded and it was apparent all season that he was not giving his full effort, cutting off routes, and that there were a number of balls he could have gotten to had he been running full speed. It got to the point where Fields wasn't even looking for him anymore because he wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Everyone gets stuck in shit situations but A-Rob put himself in the last place any of us thought he would ever go - to a place where we had to question his heart.

And that's why he didn't end up getting the super contract he wanted.

Now do I think he's going to do just fine with the rams? Well when he's invested, he'll do fine. He went to a Super bowl team so I think he's going to look just fine over there.

But him on a team looking to rebuild? You don't need him loafing and sulking. Keep in mind this is a coaching staff that preaches maximum effort. So to have a player who in a year would most players would go all out no matter how bad the situation is to decide to mentally take a year off, there's no way in hell they would want someone like that around in a rebuild when they're trying to bring in a new culture.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean at this point is there a reason to even argue with you since your man crush on A-Rob is blatant?

A-Rob was an excellent receiver for the Bears with the exception of last year, where he had a pity party over not getting a contract extension. The coaches did indeed screw with him a little in terms of the routes they gave him to run, but it's a contract year and even if you're given the shittiest route, you run that shit route to the best of your ability, because even if you're down, you know it's a contract year and you need to put up numbers to try to get paid.

In a year when you see athletes go all out because they all want to get paid, A-Rob folded and it was apparent all season that he was not giving his full effort, cutting off routes, and that there were a number of balls he could have gotten to had he been running full speed. It got to the point where Fields wasn't even looking for him anymore because he wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Everyone gets stuck in shit situations but Arab put himself in the last place any of us thought he would ever go - to a place where we had to question his heart.

And that's why he didn't end up getting the super contract he wanted.

Now do I think he's going to do just fine with the rams? Well when he's invested, he'll do fine. He went to a Super bowl team so I think he's going to look just fine over there.

But him on a team looking to rebuild? You don't need him loafing and sulking. Keep in mind this is a coaching staff that preaches maximum effort. So to have a player who in a year would most players would go all out no matter how bad the situation is to decide to mentally take a year off, there's no way in hell they would want someone like that around in a rebuild when they're trying to bring in a new culture.

Why are you making this about Arabs?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know when the NFL Network will be at Halas for TC?