**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been very meh about this year most of this offseason, but I'm starting to get a little excited. Maybe it's just the training camp Kool Aid. I think this offense might surprise people this year between Fields, Mooney, Kmet & what could be a good to very good running game. Also was listening to Getsy's press conference the other day. I know a lot of it is just coach speak, but the culture they are trying to create is refreshing. Hustle. Maximum effort. Didn't do that shit right? Do it again. And again. And again.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think the other aspect of the trust issue is that I never got the impression that ARob spent any time with Fields. Part of that is likely age and being at very different points of their careers. But, sooo many people talk about how important it is for the qb and wr's to have chemistry and to get to know each other on and off the field - offseason workouts together, etc. We have consistently heard that Mooney from the outset spent a lot of time with Fields. I don't ever remember reading or hearing about ARob doing any of that. He didn't make an effort to get to know Fields or develop chemistry or trust with him.

We just heard today from Kmet how that one really big play they connected was a route/play that they have practiced together on their own basically this whole offseason. Each of them knew what the other was going to do. That stuff matters.
Maybe but given the circumstances, why would he? We’ve read so much about how terribly the QB situation was handled last year. Teammates said they didn’t know who the QB was going be until every Friday before the game. Nagy didn’t even want Fields to play.

Why would AR latch his boat to Fields at that point? There needs to be stability and an unquestioned starter for that.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been very meh about this year most of this offseason, but I'm starting to get a little excited. Maybe it's just the training camp Kool Aid. I think this offense might surprise people this year between Fields, Mooney, Kmet & what could be a good to very good running game. Also was listening to Getsy's press conference the other day. I know a lot of it is just coach speak, but the culture they are trying to create is refreshing. Hustle. Maximum effort. Didn't do that shit right? Do it again. And again. And again.

1. I’m excited about Fields.
2. I’m excited that if the Bears do suck, and Fields does suck, they should be in position to take a swing at another QB next year.
3. I’m excited about a new staff. (Who knows if they’ll be good? At least it’s not Nagy)
4. Poles excites me. I haven’t liked every move but there’s nothing that has made be howl in frustration like Pace.
5. I’m excited about a shit ton of free agency money next year.
6. I’m ? excited to be talking real Bears football again after several months of off season BS.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's nothing really to get excited about, imo. Poles and Flus are as exciting as a spaghetti dinner.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
1. I’m excited about Fields.
2. I’m excited that if the Bears do suck, and Fields does suck, they should be in position to take a swing at another QB next year.
3. I’m excited about a new staff. (Who knows if they’ll be good? At least it’s not Nagy)
4. Poles excites me. I haven’t liked every move but there’s nothing that has made be howl in frustration like Pace.
5. I’m excited about a shit ton of free agency money next year.
6. I’m ? excited to be talking real Bears football again after several months of off season BS.
Are you excited about the new ads on the site?