Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
C'mon man, you can't be serious! Do you really want me to pull up all the threads where I was critical of Poles, and my number one reason being that he was not doing enough to help Justin Fields. He only interviewed defensive minded coaches. He hire a DC. His first FA splash target was a DL. We let ARob go for scrub receivers. etc..

Yet, you incessantly called me a racists for criticizing Poles.

The reason people thing you are so negative, is because you criticize everything. Literally everything. That's it. You expect perfection and/or otherwise complain. Yet, in real time, you rarely ever take a stance. Thats because you would rather critique people who actually take stances than take one yourself that could be wrong.
This is such blatant horseshit and complete hyper bowl *Noon30 voice*. Again, how can you say i expect perfection when this team hasn't even come close to being just good since I've come back to CCS? How about in '19 when a ton of fans where shitting on the defense, i kept reminding people that they were 4th in points against without having an offense to take any of the burden off of them. I even defended them when they were 14th in the league. 14th isn't close to perfection now is it? How can i expect perfection while defending Justin Fields, a QB who had an article comparing his rookie year to JOSH ROSEN?

1659392357239.png

Use your brain. This is an org that has been bad from ownership to a roster depth level and everything in between. There has been very few things to be optimistic or excited about outside of a few players and when we're talking about a machine with so many moving parts, a few players is not going to cut it. Not even close. You have no idea how i would post about this team if they were anywhere close to a SB team because we've never even seen them come close. If Poles turns them into a team that regularly makes deep runs and i still am "complaining about everything", feel free to call me out on my bs.

Congrats on flipping your obvious anti-Poles, crybaby bullshit into an Anytime is always negative debate. lets get back to you turning a blind eye to 7 years of incompetence while already being out for the black GM.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What makes you believe that Jenkins isn't a "bum" and is worth a 3rd rounder as opposed to Harry's 7th?
How can anyone (besides PolishMike) think Jenkins is a bum when he barely got on the field in his rookie year?? Please explain this?

He's had a brutal back injury and surgery but i can't see how that would make him a bum unless you're PolishMike.

3 years of football from N.Harry and he's been a bum.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How can anyone (besides PolishMike) think Jenkins is a bum when he barely got on the field in his rookie year?? Please explain this?

He's had a brutal back injury and surgery but i can't see how that would make him a bum unless you're PolishMike.

Brutal back injury? Can you be anymore dramatic? He was doing hill work before getting surgery haha. And yes between last year and this year so far, he’s been nothing but a bum (bust)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
We don't know his side of the situation. We don't know what he went through after coming back from back surgery. Everyone on here is just assuming he had a bad attitude. We don't know if thats true or if it is true why that is the matter. But, I have a hard time believing a 2nd year OL is willing to throw away his opportunity to start in the NFL, because of some bad attitude that is uncorrectable. How are they going to give up day two of training camp? Really?!

He is not a football lifer. Prior to being drafted he had only 18 months of solid "trying" according to his college coach. Same coach said he had to tell Jenkums numerous times that he was full of potential.

Flash forward to NFL. He shows up hurt. Has back surgery. Barely plays, got flagged for stupid shit when he did play. Offseason comes and new regime arrives that asks him to lose weight. Jenkums publicly disagrees with that approach. New camp opens and he is nowhere to be found? My guess is he is mouthy, has no work ethic and his heart isn't even in football.

Poles would be right to move on. And as far as his value? Probably never higher than it'll ever be.

One last thing. Remember all the teams that passed on him? They probably knew he was a nut. Pace and his "high risks for high rewards" Good job Pace!

Last edited:

joec231

Liked Posts:

I haven't been on this site in a bit, just recently jumped back in for the hell of it. My point is that in those three seasons Harry has been oft injured, leading to him playing sparsely each year. Maybe he's a completely different player when healthy, maybe not? The Patriots cut ties with the 24 year old because they didn't see it. How do you know that's not exactly what the Bears FO is doing here? Sure Harry is more of a sample size, but the Patriots saw the mistake they made and cut ties. If Poles is truly looking to do this with Jenkins, my guess is he's pretty damned sure Jenkins isn't a fit for the Bears, not just because of speculation going around or to get CCS all riled up.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
This kind of thing happens when a GM is replaced...He's Pace's guy, not Poles.

The question is, if the Bears don't think much of him (and they've seen him up close), why would anyone else?

I wouldn't expect a lot in return, but we'll see.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What makes you believe that Jenkins isn't a "bum" and is worth a 3rd rounder as opposed to Harry's 7th?

Pace drafted him in the 2nd of course.

In all honestly though Harry was traded years after he was a 1st rounder. Only been 1 year for Jenkins so you would hope he has retained more of his draft value.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately I think this news leaking out is going to have any interested teams, of which there may not be many, more keen to just wait and see if they can get him for free when rosters go down to fifty-three. Nobody is going to get into a bidding war over Teven Jenkins.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jenkins for Mims and a pick?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This kind of thing happens when a GM is replaced...He's Pace's guy, not Poles.

The question is, if the Bears don't think much of him (and they've seen him up close), why would anyone else?

I wouldn't expect a lot in return, but we'll see.

This screams 6th round pick to me. At best.