Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
At this early point, it’s most likely because his attitude and work ethic suck. Flus is trying to instill a culture, and you can’t have a guy like that around.
I am guessing that Flus nicknamed Jenkins The Baker for all of the loafs he has produced. That would be a good reason to want to trade him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Has almost forty thousand posts on a Bears message board.
Pretends to not really care about football.
How did you manage to be in the negative after 6K posts?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You continue to say you take stances, yet you can't point any out. This isn't the first time I've asked you to and didn't get a response. Nor can anyone else respond for you. With as much as you post on this board you think it would be common knowledge what positions you openly have taken and which players you have gone to bat for. You don't. Point me towards your mock draft. Point me to your free agent wish list. Point me to something. Any of your thank bangers want to help you?
I can but wont. Do some research since you've refused to pay any attention to the 500 off-season threads we've had about coaches players and gms. thanks

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I can but wont. Do some research since you've refused to pay any attention to the 500 off-season threads we've had about coaches players and gms. thanks
I've been in many of those threads and it would have been noticeable if you ever tried to vouch for a player. Others would have given you push back. But that thats never happened. Usually you just wait for someone else to post their mock or projections just to shit on them.

Maybe someone else can help you..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Has almost forty thousand posts on a Bears message board.
Pretends to not really care about football.
Slow down there kemosabe. A few things here:
1. This is a Chicago sports message board. I'd venture a guess that my posts are spread out fairly evenly between multiple forums here.

2. Of course I care about how well the Bears do.

3. I said that I don't get upset about it. There's a difference, even if you don't want to see it in some type of "GOTCHA" moment that you're trying to have.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I am guessing that Flus nicknamed Jenkins The Baker for all of the loafs he has produced. That would be a good reason to want to trade him.
Man, I don't get you sometimes.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Can you redo this post in the form of an analogy?
If you were going through the 7 year itch with your wife and she just served you burnt eggs, you would be pissed.

If you were on your honeymoon with your 2nd younger and hotter wife and she served you burnt eggs, you wouldn't be pissed because she is still young and hot to you.

That is my guess at an analogy for what MJY said.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes, its a loss, because we spent a 2nd round and 3rd round pick to draft him. And we don't even know his potential and we are potentially throwing it away.

The new regime isn't perfect. All because they may or may not like a player doesn't mean they are making the correct move.

If we keep him and he doesn't play and some rooks outplay him, its not necessarily a bad thing. It means we had some good late round additions. It means we possibly have found our young OL core. But to toss him aside so quickly isn't doing your due diligence. Its kind of like interviewing only 3 coaching candidates, all of whom or DCs, and hiring one of them, instead of looking at everyone available to make the right decision. Look, I'm hopeful of Poles, but there is a "smartest man in the room" element about him that seems to be showing itself.
There is no “We” in this. Ryan Pace spent the draft picks to get Jenkins. That responsibility does not fall on Poles. Ryan Poles has no ties or obligation to keep Jenkins.

Ryan Poles possibly found a young OL core by drafting them. Jenkins is only hurting himself by not being out there practicing with the team. The dude is in the dog house and might now get out. Poles and Eberflus have every right to throw him aside….he wasn’t their guy.

Oh f*ck off with the “smartest guy in the room” comment. That was 100% Pace and Nagy and it got them nowhere. There have been no signs so far that that Poles falls under that category.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've been in many of those threads and it would have been noticeable if you ever tried to vouch for a player. Others would have given you push back. But that thats never happened. Usually you just wait for someone else to post their mock or projections just to shit on them.

Maybe someone else can help you..
If i give you an example do you promise to log off and set your computer on fire?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Slow down there kemosabe. A few things here:
1. This is a Chicago sports message board. I'd venture a guess that my posts are spread out fairly evenly between multiple forums here.

2. Of course I care about how well the Bears do.

3. I said that I don't get upset about it. There's a difference, even if you don't want to see it in some type of "GOTCHA" moment that you're trying to have.
Yeah yeah I know the type. Too cool to get upset over a GAME right?

Meanwhile you’ve wasted however long it takes to make forty thousand posts time of your life, which to me makes you an infinitely bigger loser than somebody who gets upset when the Bears suck. Like you may be a pathetic internet addict hooked on the dopamine hit from LARPing as Dan Bernstein, but at least you’re above feeling unwanted negative emotions as a result of the Bears. Guess you take your wins where you can get them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah yeah I know the type. Too cool to get upset over a GAME right?

Meanwhile you’ve wasted however long it takes to make forty thousand posts time of your life, which to me makes you an infinitely bigger loser than somebody who gets upset when the Bears suck. Like you may be a pathetic internet addict hooked on the dopamine hit from LARPing as Dan Bernstein, but at least you’re above feeling unwanted negative emotions as a result of the Bears. Guess you take your wins where you can get them.
Speaking of people who are upset....

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Man, I don't get you sometimes.
Ok, but this was an easy one.

Flus might call Jenkins, his troubled offensive lineman the nickname of The Baker because perhaps Jenkins had been continually gaining loafs for his lack of effort during the offseason. This would show the whole team that, in Flus' mind, Jenkins was such a natural maker of loafs that he should be called The Baker.

Was this really difficult to understand?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ok, but this was an easy one.

Flus might call Jenkins, his troubled offensive lineman the nickname of The Baker because perhaps Jenkins had been continually gaining loafs for his lack of effort during the offseason. This would show the whole team that, in Flus' mind, Jenkins was such a natural maker of loafs that he should be called The Baker.

Was this really difficult to understand?
No, I loved the joke. But I compare that to some of your other jokes and I'm just thinking that you should keep it simple. Should he not be traded/cut I think The Baker would be a great nickname for him.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you were going through the 7 year itch with your wife and she just served you burnt eggs, you would be pissed.

If you were on your honeymoon with your 2nd younger and hotter wife and she served you burnt eggs, you wouldn't be pissed because she is still young and hot to you.

That is my guess at an analogy for what MJY said.
Are you fond of this analogy?

joec231

Liked Posts:
First of all, this new regime has signed three players who have already been arrested and didn't do anything to publicly reprimand them. Instead they are handing things internally. Don't see why they can't handle a law abiding citizen who may need to change up their attitude.

Second, everyone will complain if Jenkins goes out, and still on his cheap rookie contract, is able to go out and start for another team.

Lastly, what I highlighted in bold is outright ridiculous.
I'm curious what sort of "public" reprimand you would like Poles to give you for Byron Pringle doing donuts? Not trying to attack, just curious.

Your second opinion, of course people would (rightly so) complain if Jenkins gets moved and succeeds. That hypothetical could go either way though, what happens when Jenkins gets moved and doesn't play another meaningful down in the NFL? What gives you the impression that Jenkins can go succeed elsewhere?

We don't know a lot, but what we DO know; prior injury, lackluster play when he actually was available last year, falling in the draft, and a new regimes complete reluctance to release any specific information on a situation that is addressed daily by media, point to a draft mistake by Pace.