Offense Struggles again on Tuesday

RandomGuy

Liked Posts:
same old bears.

The newer bears fans will tell everyone to relax, it’s just practice.

The ones that have been watching for 30+ years know, “it’s just practice” will turn into “it’s just preseason” which turns into, “it’s still early in the season. There’s time to turn it around”. Then the season ends and the offense in the last game of the season looks as shitty as it did the first practice, regardless of regime, scheme, qb, etc.

That's the cynical way of looking at it.

The past does not determine the future when those in charge have been hired to correct the mistakes of the past.

I am a 50 y/o lifelong Bears's fan. The cynical part of me agrees with everything you say.

The rational part of me understands that the past doesn't predicate the future.

I feel something different with this group.

They traded Mack, etc. with no buffer for fans to digest the situation.

They did it because they feel confident in their vision of building a consistent contender .

I am skeptical but I also believe that this group
has the authority to do whatever is needed to turn the team into a consistent contender and they felt that fans would be numb to virtually any move that pushes the team in that direction.

My skepticism is because I do not have any evidence (yet) that they are the ones that can get it done.

I'm optimistic but not 100% convinced.

The only thing that does that for me is a history to back it up.

I hope that they build that here.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tyler Van Dimes
That's not a free agent. He said Poles should sign a franchise QB next offseason with all of the cap space.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
same old bears.

The newer bears fans will tell everyone to relax, it’s just practice.

The ones that have been watching for 30+ years know, “it’s just practice” will turn into “it’s just preseason” which turns into, “it’s still early in the season. There’s time to turn it around”. Then the season ends and the offense in the last game of the season looks as shitty as it did the first practice, regardless of regime, scheme, qb, etc.

Anyone can play those offensive position.

We were kind of screwed this year anyway but this staff already showed us the history will keep repeating itself.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Instead of the air raid siren every time bears offense comes on the field they should play the curb your enthusiasm theme song
or fart noises.

Not sure why any of this is shocking or inducing panic with some of the fandom. The lack of talent across the board is well known. Unproven and developing QB with an unproven OC. I fully expected the offense to have an ugly year. But yeah, it would have been nice if they could have at least got off to an ok start in TC before reality sunk in. They have plenty of time to iron it out but lets face it, it's going to be a bad year. It'll be better than Nagy, if it isn't then the panic is deserved.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
or fart noises.

Not sure why any of this is shocking or inducing panic with some of the fandom. The lack of talent across the board is well known. Unproven and developing QB with an unproven OC. I fully expected the offense to have an ugly year. But yeah, it would have been nice if they could have at least got off to an ok start in TC before reality sunk in. They have plenty of time to iron it out but lets face it, it's going to be a bad year. It'll be better than Nagy, if it isn't then the panic is deserved.

Anyone that has any sort of logic should understand this. But on this board....

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its very possible that other than the 49ers the toughest defense the Bears offensive will face this year is the one they face in practice. It will depend how some of these rookies and second year guys pan out, but there's potential for it to be a top five unit in the league if they don't deal Robert Quinn.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Its very possible that other than the 49ers the toughest defense the Bears offensive will face this year is the one they face in practice. It will depend how some of these rookies and second year guys pan out, but there's potential for it to be a top five unit in the league if they don't deal Robert Quinn.
Are they not playing the packers this season for some reason?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Are they not playing the packers this season for some reason?
I don't buy the hype on Kenny Clark, who gets fucking uprooted every time a team runs right at him. I don't think Roquan Smith is at that Shaquille Leonard or Fred Warner level, but he's certainly better than De'vondre Campbell. No way Rashan Gary is anywhere near what Robert Quinn was last year. As much as Eddie Jackson has regressed so too has Adrian Amos, and Darnell Savage is as average as they come.

If Jarran Reed, Dean Lowry, Eric Stokes, etc. weren't on the Packers nobody would give them the time of day. Average at best guys.

Preston Smith is an OK player, sure. Jaire Alexander belongs as a number one cornerback, though he gets burned a lot more often than you'd think with how much slobbering he gets. But the Packers don't have better pass rushers than the Bears and I'm not sure they have a better defensive backfield either. Linebackers ain't even close.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
That honestly looks like a miscommunication on the depth he was supposed to get on the route though it could just as easily be simply an overthrow.

I’m sorry but missing a 6’5” receiver with no one covering him and running 5mph is inexcusable at the nfl level.

How much further in the end zone could he have run????? He was at the back of it!!!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't buy the hype on Kenny Clark, who gets fucking uprooted every time a team runs right at him. I don't think Roquan Smith is at that Shaquille Leonard or Fred Warner level, but he's certainly better than De'vondre Campbell. No way Rashan Gary is anywhere near what Robert Quinn was last year. As much as Eddie Jackson has regressed so too has Adrian Amos, and Darnell Savage is as average as they come.

If Jarran Reed, Dean Lowry, Eric Stokes, etc. weren't on the Packers nobody would give them the time of day. Average at best guys.

Preston Smith is an OK player, sure. Jaire Alexander belongs as a number one cornerback, though he gets burned a lot more often than you'd think with how much slobbering he gets. But the Packers don't have better pass rushers than the Bears and I'm not sure they have a better defensive backfield either. Linebackers ain't even close.
Packers are top 10 DL, LB, and CB

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Packers are top 10 DL, LB, and CB
Yet its never good enough to make a playoff run despite the Hall of Famer they have at quarterback. Yawn on still overrating the Packers and buying the hype on their literal who's in the year 2022.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They lost 13-10 and had given up a ST td. How is that the defenses fault?
And the year before they gave up thirty-one to get bounced. We know how this plays out every single year with them, they look like world beaters until it counts. They can get their trophy for holding back Jimmy Gabagool well enough to still lose, though. Woohoo.