My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He is the real deal. I posted this in the other thread as well, but for those that never got a chance to listen to his press conference, you can find that shit here.

He is well spoken, but man, I feel like there is something here. If Poles found a LT in the 5th round that can play lights out, then next year is going to be fun when he gets a chance to truly build around Fields. Time will tell, but this kid is legit.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope so. The fear is that he’s the next Charles Leno who everyone likes but is really just average. Guess we’ll see cuz the bears don’t have a ton of options

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
How has he looked in camp? There aren’t many if any videos of highlights!

Really would like to see some plays

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you are on the Oline normally when your name is NOT called that is a good thing. if Sam still sucking at Center give one of the rookies a shot... can they do worse?

Canth

Liked Posts:
I hope so. The fear is that he’s the next Charles Leno who everyone likes but is really just average. Guess we’ll see cuz the bears don’t have a ton of options

I get what you are saying, but I would point out that Braxton Jones was drafted 2 rounds earlier (5 vs 7) and he is bigger. Jones is taller, has longer arms, a bit more weight, and slightly larger hands.

NFL draft profile grades had Leno as 5.80 and Jones as 5.97. The draft write up on them suggested Leno might need to slide into being guard while Jones is considered to have more to work with and could develop into an average starting LT, maybe a swing tackle.

The big knock on Jones was his technique needed a lot of work, but he had all the size and athletism you could want to work with. This is where I am really interested to see if this coaching staff can actually really, truly develop guys to fulfill their potential.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing. Braxjo might be a positive solution to the left tackle problem and maybe even a long term one.

I thought so when I first heard his interview on 670 the score. He's smart, self aware, articulate. Pretty much all the things you look for in a starting LT if you've already found size, length, strength, agility, athleticism and so on.

I recall him saying he never really used his long arms in college. Never really coached up on leveraging them. Said something like "I need to throw those long arms out there"

It was funny. It was honest. Again, you don't see these qualities in Teven Jenkins.

I bet Braxjo still drinks beer too.

This is going to be good for Fields 3 years from now having LT locked down, might even spell superbowl for these bears.

Exciting!

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Here's the thing. Braxjo might be a positive solution to the left tackle problem and maybe even a long term one.

I thought so when I first heard his interview on 670 the score. He's smart, self aware, articulate. Pretty much all the things you look for in a starting LT if you've already found size, length, strength, agility, athleticism and so on.

I recall him saying he never really used his long arms in college. Never really coached up on leveraging them. Said something like "I need to throw those long arms out there"

It was funny. It was honest. Again, you don't see these qualities in Teven Jenkins.

I bet Braxjo still drinks beer too.

This is going to be good for Fields 3 years from now having LT locked down, might even spell superbowl for these bears.

Exciting!

BraxJo and About that Brax. We cookin tonight.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is the real deal. I posted this in the other thread as well, but for those that never got a chance to listen to his press conference, you can find that shit here.

He is well spoken, but man, I feel like there is something here. If Poles found a LT in the 5th round that can play lights out, then next year is going to be fun when he gets a chance to truly build around Fields. Time will tell, but this kid is legit.
everyone was saying the same about Jenkins and Borom a year ago let the season play out before we jump the gun

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That would be the dream... as long as it's not the Pace we got at the end of his carrer.
Would be amazing for sure. Imagine if Braxton proved to be a stud and the line is:
Jones/Whitehair/Patrick/Scho/Reiff

Rock solid. Borom, Jenkins, Kramer, Carter as backups. Not bad

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Braxton turns out to be a starting LT or anywhere on OL for that matter, it's really hitting paydirt.

Esp. now that Tevon Jenkins' future with CHI is appearing questionable.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
everyone was saying the same about Jenkins and Borom a year ago let the season play out before we jump the gun

Jenkins didn't exactly practice a whole lot last offseason so not sure who was saying that. Regardless, I get your point about Jones--especially going against these average DE's. Haven't been paying attention if Quinn is actually giving full effort. I'm cautiously optimistic Jones is the real deal.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Braxton Jones was an accounting major. So, I think he has the ability to absorb large volumes of material and understands the importance of what his coaches are telling him. It shows when he interviews with his attention to details. I think his smarts give him an edge to start.