New leaks dragging Jenkins name through the mud

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Leaks always happen so not sure your point.

They arent being specific on Quan, Jenkins or anyone else unless long term.

Look it is fine if you want to say it is not injury related but you are projecting your beliefs on Bears. Their official stance is he is injured.
“Writers” covering NFL training camps seem to be as determined to create drama as weathermen. 20 below? they tell you the windchill is 22 below. 99? they tell you the heat index is 101. Snowstorm? OMg!!

They live for drama and “journalists” covering training camp seem to be the same.

No story? We’ll see about that!!

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
You’re saying “contrary” was in relation to his being absent? You think he wasn’t absent?
She made 2 statements.

1. Bears are trying to trade Jenkins who fell out of favor with staff early.
2. Contrary to Eburflus saying the absence is only injury related, he has been at the facility working with trainers.

I promise you that's all she said in that tweet that is visible.

She quite possibly wrote it in a way where people would try to read more into it or take another meaning from it which then spreads disinformation which was part of my issue in the first place.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
She made 2 statements.

1. Bears are trying to trade Jenkins who fell out of favor with staff early.
2. Contrary to Eburflus saying the absence is only injury related, he has been at the facility working with trainers.

I promise you that's all she said in that tweet that is visible.

She quite possibly wrote it in a way where people would try to read more into it or take another meaning from it which then spreads disinformation which was part of my issue in the first place.
Yeah number 2 there isn’t a logical idea.
See: Word salad - Wikipedia

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
“Writers” covering NFL training camps seem to be as determined to create drama as weathermen. 20 below? they tell you the windchill is 22 below. 99? they tell you the heat index is 101. Snowstorm? OMg!!

They live for drama and “journalists” covering training camp seem to be the same.

No story? We’ll see about that!!
Great another @Mighty Joe Young alt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They're "official" stance is "Yeah". Everything coming out from the Bears media (and really what the Bears actions are saying) is that Teven Jenkins is on Eberflus' shitlist and if they get a worthwhile offer for him they will deal him.

That is entirely your interpretation which you are entitled to have. However once again their official stance is he is 100% injured.

No one is saying you cant speculate to your heart's content. Just saying it isnt throwing Jenkins under the bus when you officially say he is injured.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kind of crazy to think all of this discussion and hand-wringing over a guy who has only played 6 career games.

EDIT: assuming he stays with the team, there is no doubt we can expect the same drama about him next training camp.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s not what the second sentence means… she’s implying the absence isn’t 100% injury related based on what the source told her…

Let me ask a simple question. Why not just write a story offering your opinion as to what you think this all means without making accusations you have no sources or proof off?

Did a source specifically tell you the Bears were trying to smear him? If you aspire to be a serious reporter/journalist then you should avoid making such accusations without corroboration.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me ask a simple question. Why not just write a story offering your opinion as to what you think this all means without making accusations you have no sources or proof off?

Did a source specifically tell you the Bears were trying to smear him? If you aspire to be a serious reporter/journalist then you should avoid making such accusations without corroboration.
I mean I did.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean I did.

No you provided evidence the relationship may be strained.

The Bears FO seems cool hanging players out to dry. They must like getting FA’s the hard way.

However you are making accusations ib this thread that Bears are the ones dragging him thru mud and hanging him out to dry. I dont see where you have provided any sources or evidence to support that claim.

You would be fine if you stuck with the strained relationship angle without claiming Bears are trying to smear him.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean I did.
I also never said the bears were smearing his name. I said the leaks are dragging his name. The Bears FO deciding to being silent while the leaks go around virally is them allowing his name to be dragged by omission.

I’ve said here the leaks are coming from somewhere. And the sources we’ve seen say they’re connected to the Bears. So it appears the office is complicit in this.

Not really a hard idea to grasp but if your brain has rotted from being a homer I can understand why it’s hard to see through cobwebs.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

However you are making accusations ib this thread that Bears are the ones dragging him thru mud and hanging him out to dry. I dont see where you have provided any sources or evidence to support that claim.

You would be fine if you stuck with the strained relationship angle without claiming Bears are trying to smear him.

Their silence is hanging him out to dry…

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The last part of the piece is literally all opinion…

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The leaks are coming from somewhere. Someone with ties to the FO… And they’re not being specific as to what’s going on… That’s hanging him out to dry
I am going to get down to the bottom of this and don't give a **** whomst is at the top!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also never said the bears were smearing his name. I said the leaks are dragging his name. The Bears FO deciding to being silent while the leaks go around virally is them allowing his name to be dragged by omission.

I’ve said here the leaks are coming from somewhere. And the sources we’ve seen say they’re connected to the Bears. So it appears the office is complicit in this.

Not really a hard idea to grasp but if your brain has rotted from being a homer I can understand why it’s hard to see through cobwebs.

This is a distinction without a difference. Claiming they are dragging him thru the mud and saying they are smearing his name is not really that different.

The Bears haven't been silent. They have told everyone he is injured. Did a reporter directly ask them about these reports and they declined to comment?

If you are going to play at being a journalist then don't be disingenuous. Sources come from inside organizations all the time that don't represent what the org leadership wants. That is precisely why they are anonymous because they often are not authorized to speak on behalf of the team or aren't stating a position the team as a whole shares.

None of the above are really hard ideas to grasp but if your brain has rotted from being a hater I can understand why it’s hard to see through cobwebs.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All these articles I have read on the front page have had the same formula and there are many of them.
I brought it up before to the author as have other people but the message does not seem to be taken seriously. Whatever.
The front page has been littered with them between him and DanielCCS which is kind of rediculous as I havent seen any that offer anything more than the tweets they are based on so I felt like making a point today.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I've been posting here for years and in all that time I have rarely paid attention to the front page articles. They were usually outdated or rarely given much attention to. Are some titles clickbait and/or written in a way to try and invoke interest, now with Sigler....sure. But, I can at least appreciate up to date articles, (even if there is some personal rhetoric thrown in) and information included that can tie into discussion on the message board. I'm actually clicking on ChiCitySports Articles...so its working.