REPORT: White Sox Could Land LHP Bullpen Help

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This owner is terrible. Won’t pay for top talent. This team is going no where at all. Padres going for it while white Sox just want to make the playoffs. Jerry does the same crap with the bulls

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this team just needs an older, more veteran hand on the tiller.

Maybe Jackie Robinson's reanimated corpse?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I'd like to say I'm disappointed, but that would mean I expected them to go for it and acquire someone like Soto or even a LH reliever. How did they ever win a World Series with that cheapskate asshole owning the team the last 41 years?

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to say I'm disappointed, but that would mean I expected them to go for it and acquire someone like Soto or even a LH reliever. How did they ever win a World Series with that cheapskate asshole owning the team that last 41 years?
FYI.....in 2005 they steam rolled straight through the playoffs and won the WS. That is the only season they have won a post season series since 1917. What a great baseball town this is......lmao.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FYI.....in 2005 they steam rolled straight through the playoffs and won the WS. That is the only season they have won a post season series since 1917. What a great baseball town this is......lmao.

I get the feeling that's what they want with this team.

Figure out that formula to get 1 Championship, and then let it fall apart.

Was Tony gonna coach a highly-paid Sox team full of all-star veterans for the next decade and win 3-5 ships?

Prolly not.... more likely to catch a lightning in the bottle year, win a ship and then retire again.

Sad, cuz a long-term winning team is a much better business prospect.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get the feeling that's what they want with this team.

Figure out that formula to get 1 Championship, and then let it fall apart.

Was Tony gonna coach a highly-paid Sox team full of all-star veterans for the next decade and win 3-5 ships?

Prolly not.... more likely to catch a lightning in the bottle year, win a ship and then retire again.

Sad, cuz a long-term winning team is a much better business prospect.
In most towns, no question. Not here for the White Sox. The Cubs are complete trash and are still out drawing the Sox....and by a considerable amount. It's so odd as the Sox should still make the playoffs.....Cubs have no shot, but still draw the fans.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In most towns, no question. Not here for the White Sox. The Cubs are complete trash and are still out drawing the Sox....and by a considerable amount. It's so odd as the Sox should still make the playoffs.....Cubs have no shot, but still draw the fans.
Cheap with no vision for too many years.

It shouldn’t have been too hard to turn Bridgeport into an experience destination.

Team has always been as depressed as the other side of the tracks, did they at least attempt gentrification there?

We are good about as often as we deserve and it’s hard for any squad to stay at the top for long in this league.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Jerry Reinsdorf drove away a lot of fans with his decisions and statements (Sports Vision, collusion, the '94 work stoppage, threatening to move to Tampa, the sweetheart deal for the current ballpark that allows him to pay no rent if the team doesn't get at least 2 million tickets sold in a year, the White Flag trade in '97, crying about "nine figure losses" last year, Ken Williams saying he couldn't improve the team at a trade deadline if enough fans didn't come "Can't make a dollar out of 50 cents.", not adding one big ticket free agent like Machado, Bryce Harper, George Springer, Gerrit Cole or trading for someone like Juan Soto between 2019 and now, etc) and couldn't attract many new ones even after that fluke WS title in '05. Yet, the saddest statement that defines Chicago sports teams is he is the best owner in the city.