**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People have PTSD after Cutler and Mitch not panning out after years and years. Fields has a short leash for most people I am learning regardless of his current situation (1st year was under a complete buffoon at HC, 2nd Year has one of the worst supporting casts I've ever seen + a new system).

I'm sure a Fields hater will be like 'ohhhh making excuses already' yadda yadda. The statements above are just reality. I'm not putting an ultimatum on Fields in Year 2. Let's just watch him play and see what it looks like.
A lot of fans have seemed to forget that there is a group of good, franchise caliber QBs that hover between the God tier(Mahomes, Herbert) who are instantly incredible and the guys who are terrible(Rosen, Darnold) . It wasn't until last season that a lot of people on this board were giving props to Derek Carr, who showed he was good from the very start.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Most lately figure it out pretty quickly it seems like.
Except Josh Allen, which is going to be the comparison we see microwaved up every time Justin Fields creates four turnovers in a game.

I'm not going to harp on this as much because I want to enjoy this season and I really actually hope Fields plays well, but if you are already lobbying that Bears need to give thirty-four more starts to Fields before they know what they have you're already making a tacit admission that this isn't going to be pretty.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is option B a couple years and not a year? I think two years in a new offense isn't a stretch. A ton of respected voices who cover the NFL are saying he has no shot because of what is around him, a consensus worst in the NFL supporting cast. Was last year a fair shot for him considering what we know about Nagy?

Just seems too premature unless they are top overall pick because he was truly that bad and someone came away from this college football season looking like the next "generational" talent.

Depends on how he does. If this year is a repeat of last year I’m out. Not an excuse in the world will convince me. Need to see obvious improvement. If he’s the guy, even with this cast, they should at least look halfway competent by the end of the season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Depends on how he does. If this year is a repeat of last year I’m out. Not an excuse in the world will convince me. Need to see obvious improvement. If he’s the guy, even with this cast, they should at least look halfway competent by the end of the season.
Fair enough.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People have PTSD after Cutler and Mitch not panning out after years and years. Fields has a short leash for most people I am learning regardless of his current situation (1st year was under a complete buffoon at HC, 2nd Year has one of the worst supporting casts I've ever seen + a new system).

I'm sure a Fields hater will be like 'ohhhh making excuses already' yadda yadda. The statements above are just reality. I'm not putting an ultimatum on Fields in Year 2. Let's just watch him play and see what it looks like.

Damn skippy I do.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is option B a couple years and not a year? I think two years in a new offense isn't a stretch. A ton of respected voices who cover the NFL are saying he has no shot because of what is around him, a consensus worst in the NFL supporting cast. Was last year a fair shot for him considering what we know about Nagy?

Just seems too premature unless they are top overall pick because he was truly that bad and someone came away from this college football season looking like the next "generational" talent.

@vabearsfan15 wanted to point out to your dumb ass that @Anytime23 is taking a football stance here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would expect something in neighboorhood of Trubisky 2018. With the big jump in 2023.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@vabearsfan15 wanted to point out to your dumb ass that @Anytime23 is taking a football stance here.
But is it long term enough? Apparently pounding the table for Greg Roman for over 3 years wasn't enough, i had to demand they hire him after already hiring a new coach.

Also it doesn't count because narrative.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Riley Reiff is the perfect bridge option for the Bears.

A former 1st-round pick in 2012, he’s been a steady and dependable tackle in the NFL for almost a decade. That time was mostly spent between the NFC North rival Detroit Lions and Minnesota Vikings. Last year saw him sign with the Cincinnati Bengals. He allowed 21 pressures and four sacks with a respectable 70.0 run-blocking grade across 12 games before an ankle injury ended his season. He was sorely missed in the Super Bowl, where replacement Isaiah Prince allowed seven pressures on Joe Burrow.

Even better for the Bears is Riley Reiff has experience in their style of offense. He played in the wide zone under Gary Kubiak in Minnesota. He played arguably his best season in it in 2020, allowing only one sack on the quarterback in 567 pass-blocking snaps. Yes, at 33 years old, his best days are behind him. Still, there is no evidence to suggest he’ll be a liability this year. He can bring stability to the left side of the offensive line and allow the Bears to take their time developing younger guys like Braxton Jones.

If he also brings some attitude to the mix as well? All the better.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Fields stinks it up, and the Bears have a top pick this year, and Poles has a QB he loves on the board should he:

A: draft a QB?
B: wait a couple more years and see?
What do you consider stinks it up?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's hard enough trying to figure out how is the camp going without jackasses on here fighting like little bitches can we @Scoot26 @zack54attack @Rush on to start giving out warnings and or bans it's fucking bullshit the behavior.yall are much worst than my students at the start of the year.
What do you teach? I'm guessing not English.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It's hard enough trying to figure out how is the camp going without jackasses on here fighting like little bitches can we @Scoot26 @zack54attack @Rush on to start giving out warnings and or bans it's fucking bullshit the behavior.yall are much worst than my students at the start of the year.
Your crying is ruining my training camp thread experience. Just put @dabears70 on ignore and everything will be much smoother

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well now you're just being mean. It's not like he left and went elsewhere and won a SB in his very first year away from the Lions or anything...
And to think @Visionman quit being a lifelong lions fan because Detroit extended him, became a bears fan and came here to tell 90% of the board they aren't real bears fans....

CC: @Anytime23 @Chicagosports89 @BEARZOMBIE