**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Thats bad even for Nagy's low low low standards, how do you draft a QB like Fields and not focus, let alone spend any time, on scramble drills. Also how did none of the Chicago media pick up on that.
Because Nagy/Pace never gave Fields the opportunity to compete during training camp, so there was “no need” to focus on scramble drills. It was clear last year their focus was on Dalton. And when Fields did have to step up Nagy had no idea how to adjust to a different QB.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Because Nagy/Pace never gave Fields the opportunity to compete during training camp, so there was “no need” to focus on scramble drills. It was clear last year their focus was on Dalton. And when Fields did have to step up Nagy had no idea how to adjust to a different QB.

Lovie smith used to have it done for Grossman ?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Thats bad even for Nagy's low low low standards, how do you draft a QB like Fields and not focus, let alone spend any time, on scramble drills. Also how did none of the Chicago media pick up on that.
Well the media doesn't know what they don't know. Its why its kinda valuable to have people who have been around football reporting on football, not "sports journalists" who think analytics can do all the thinking for them.

Also practices were closed due to cough.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Why I liked his approach though I do understand drafting intended LTs high. It's been a mantra of mine that OL can be developed, especially G. It just usually takes a year or 2 for late round choices. Lets hope Jones is the exception.
Yeah, it is so rare that a LT taken on the third day of the draft can actually start as rookie. I only found two that have been day one starters playing a full season, Bakhtiari of the Pack and Moore from the Steelers. Hope Jones can be the next.