Is Ebner Cohen 2.0?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
For sure, I feel like Cohen was a very good gadget type player. Ebner has a chance to be an actual all around real RB.

I just hope he can protect the QB in the backfield so that doesn't hold him back, like it does for many young RBs trying to get playing time.
Or they can use him as a WR. He has serious WR skills.

Or they can use him as a RB and move him outside, forcing a LBer to try to cover him.

Any OC beyond the Nagy preschool level will actually put him in the situations where he is most effective.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

He’s making moves in TC.
thats great and all but what is his fortnite K/D? how tf do you guys get published on this site without getting in to the deep analytical dives on stuff like this? my god, what a disappointment

edit - jk, good read, well written. thanks.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
are you saying that all black running backs look alike?

mecha

Liked Posts:
and you probably don't even remember who garrett wolfe was. fuck you, comcast customer rep
I technically shared the field with Wolfe at NIU working with the media crew and used to talk to him in the building here and there. he did some overworldly psychotic shit at the college level, like he was the entire offense and teams knew he was getting the ball and he still ran all over them. if he would've played for the same teams Darren Sproles did instead of the fucktard Lovie Smith Bears, who knows what could've happened for him in the NFL. Sproles was super undersized and even though he was predominantly a returner, he had solid numbers running and receiving. played a long time too. I don't think Wolfe could've matched Sproles even in a perfect world, but he probably could've been used better.

I still don't understand Cohen's penchant for going east/west, but whatever. that whole offense was stupid and broken with Nagy calling it.

also fun fact, the AT&T U-Verse dude that did the install at my old condo was one of Garrett Wolfe's roommates.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck is Ebner Cohen? And why would he be the second iteration?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not until he catches 2 balls with a back flip. If only Nagy called plays to players strengths!!!

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who was that rb pace put on practice squad that Steelers claimed and had a killer first game then disappeared?

You just got to hope this offensive staff knows how to use the guy. 1st and goal running up the middle just doesn’t cut it.
Whyte

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who was that rb pace put on practice squad that Steelers claimed and had a killer first game then disappeared?

You just got to hope this offensive staff knows how to use the guy. 1st and goal running up the middle just doesn’t cut it.

I think that was Kerryth Whyte?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I technically shared the field with Wolfe at NIU working with the media crew and used to talk to him in the building here and there. he did some overworldly psychotic shit at the college level, like he was the entire offense and teams knew he was getting the ball and he still ran all over them. if he would've played for the same teams Darren Sproles did instead of the fucktard Lovie Smith Bears, who knows what could've happened for him in the NFL. Sproles was super undersized and even though he was predominantly a returner, he had solid numbers running and receiving. played a long time too. I don't think Wolfe could've matched Sproles even in a perfect world, but he probably could've been used better.

I still don't understand Cohen's penchant for going east/west, but whatever. that whole offense was stupid and broken with Nagy calling it.

also fun fact, the AT&T U-Verse dude that did the install at my old condo was one of Garrett Wolfe's roommates.

The problem with Wolfe was he considerably small and didn't have much speed or quickness at the pro level. He ran a 4.4 at the combine but it just never really showed in NFL games for some reason. I always thought he would have a better NFL career

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
The problem with Wolfe was he considerably small and didn't have much speed or quickness at the pro level. He ran a 4.4 at the combine but it just never really showed in NFL games for some reason. I always thought he would have a better NFL career

talk about a shiity draft year for the bears. other than heman.. pure ass..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I will let you know during the season if he runs out of bounds on every run after a one yard gain
My thoughts exactly except you were a tad bit gracious on your yard gained example. He loved to run out of bounds just before the first down marker

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm really high on Ebner. I think he is really shifty and elusive, but not so much quick twitch as Cohen. Yet, I think he has a better overall balance in skillset. Has better size. More durable. And runs more north and south. I think he can be a true duel threat as both a runner and a receiver out of the backfield. I think Cohen was more of a receiver that became less and less productive as a runner. Teams knew what Cohen's role was and began to shut him down.

I know it sounds crazy, but both Monty and Herbert should be on alert. With a less than inspiring receiving corp, we are going to need to look to our RBs to be involved in the passing game. Ebner's probably our best receiver out of the backfield. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to eat into those two guy's touches simply based on his duality.