**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the teven situation was actually misread and he wasn't holding out due to being a malcontent.....then I hope he has a shot at starting in that RG spot.

Schoffield looks out of shape to me. Mustipher sucks. Not really sure who else there is for the RG spot outside those two....

It would also mean David Kaplan is a moron(We all know this) and owes him a massive apology for starting these rumors.
Something was up there and probably still is.

Its just better for both Jenkins and the Bears that he comes back like this. The trade market for him was non-existant and he has nowhere near enough goodwill built up for the Bears to do him the favor of a fresh start.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They go by pass block and run block win rates so little subjectivity. Bears were actually top 10 in pass block win rate last year ie holding blocks for 2.5 seconds or more.
I find that hard to believe based on the eyeball test, but you're probably right

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the teven situation was actually misread and he wasn't holding out due to being a malcontent.....then I hope he has a shot at starting in that RG spot.

Schoffield looks out of shape to me. Mustipher sucks. Not really sure who else there is for the RG spot outside those two....

It would also mean David Kaplan is a moron(We all know this) and owes him a massive apology for starting these rumors.

How do you figure? Have you seen him in camp or seen recent pictures

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anything that keeps mustipher on the bench is ok by me. My first thought is they are moving him inside

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

I think Schofield is fine. Jatyre Carter is the other option. I'd be happy to see Jenkins become the guy at rg or rt though as he still has the most long term upside regardless of what's happened so far with him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So jealous of you guys that get to go. Camp always sounds so fun to watch.
Well, I paid 40 bucks for two tickets so yea.....

Got to meet the GOAT Zach Miller tho. Haircut was fresh as ever

Not sure what the bears are doing w/ the ticket system because both times I went there was not very many people there. Def could have fit more in.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Huge thank you to @Dejo and everyone else providing all the TC updates. It's nice to have football to talk about.

For everyone else, can we keep this one focused on football? There are plenty of other places here for you to slapfight.

From this post forward, anyone else who decides to keep going with personal battles in this thread, will be threadbanned. You will still be able to read the posts, but will lose permission to reply to anything in this thread.

Thanks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:
Not news. Pretty obvious he would be

Yeah, 3rd year player vs 2nd year player and with the 3rd year player in his second offseason with the same coaching staff and system. And the Eagles were literally a playoff team last year. So, should be obvious that a non-Nagy playoff team from the year before is functioning better at this point.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What an odd and conspicuously racial sort of observation. Why are Justin Fields and Jalen Hurts competing? What are they competing over? How does one being "ahead" of the other affect anything?

If you knew nothing about the NFL you would read that and think they were on the same team.
Racial? Same team? WTF?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What an odd and conspicuously racial sort of observation. Why are Justin Fields and Jalen Hurts competing? What are they competing over? How does one being "ahead" of the other affect anything?

If you knew nothing about the NFL you would read that and think they were on the same team.
I think it's mostly because Clay Harbor is watching both camps (former Eagle).