**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Projected starters: Riley Reiff, Cody Whitehair, Lucas Patrick, Michael Schofield III, Larry Borom

Predicted pass block rank: No. 13
Predicted run block rank: No. 11

This is a pretty stunning rank for the Bears' offensive line, but they have a few things going for them. Reiff and Schofield -- late additions just before training camp -- help bolster the line. Borom, a fifth-round pick a year ago, posted a very solid 90% PBWR last season in 10 games, 21st among tackles. And Patrick should be an asset in the ground game after ranking third in RBWR among centers last season with the Packers.

@nc0gnet0 Lions ranked 26th in these metrics. Thoughts?
Yeah, Lions PBWR was 26 and their RBWR was at 24. But, but the Lions OL is the strength of the team.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Yeah, it's a risk. Guys have to get into playing shape somehow though. The hope is that they get guys into better shape now, take some hopefully minor injuries now and get healed before the season vs getting hurt right away in the season and being unprepared. It's a fine line. My guess is that some of the injury stuff right now is precautionary. During the season, maybe they can play thru it but no reason to do that right now.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He did… he said obviously one has more weapons than the other.
Just an odd tweet in general. I mean are we going to hear how Kyler Murry is compared to Russell Wilson or if Tom Brady is more crisp in camp than Aaron Rodgers?

All the second yr QB's should be struggling in relation to established vets and the ones that have new HC's and systems (JF and TL) should be having the most difficulty early on. I mean if the headline was that JF looked better after 1 week of live work in a new system than JH and it wasn't even close, that would be a huge indictment of JH's considering the circumstances.

I don't think most on here are turning a blind eye to JF needing improvement, but too point out he doesn't look as good as x, y ,or z just seems to be baiting fans have a hissy fit.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's a risk. Guys have to get into playing shape somehow though. The hope is that they get guys into better shape now, take some hopefully minor injuries now and get healed before the season vs getting hurt right away in the season and being unprepared. It's a fine line. My guess is that some of the injury stuff right now is precautionary. During the season, maybe they can play thru it but no reason to do that right now.
Didn't Lovie run a tough camp his first year and a ton of injuries occurred? Didn't he tone it done his second training camp?

Flus will learn to adjust as he learns as a HC. Or so I hope.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Didn't Lovie run a tough camp his first year and a ton of injuries occurred? Didn't he tone it done his second training camp?

Flus will learn to adjust as he learns as a HC. Or so I hope.

Yeah, I think the first year of Lovie's camp they had a lot of soft tissue injuries - lots of pulls and strains.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find that hard to believe based on the eyeball test, but you're probably right

They were 6th. Keep in mind Fields was top 4 in time to throw at 3.08. So he held the ball too long at times. Not to say the line was good but he has to get the ball put quicker.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Compare Fields to his draft class

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Just an odd tweet in general. I mean are we going to hear how Kyler Murry is compared to Russell Wilson or if Tom Brady is more crisp in camp than Aaron Rodgers?

All the second yr QB's should be struggling in relation to established vets and the ones that have new HC's and systems (JF and TL) should be having the most difficulty early on. I mean if the headline was that JF looked better after 1 week of live work in a new system than JH and it wasn't even close, that would be a huge indictment of JH's considering the circumstances.

I don't think most on here are turning a blind eye to JF needing improvement, but too point out he doesn't look as good as x, y ,or z just seems to be baiting fans have a hissy fit.

How do you bait rational people into hissy fits? Irrational people are going to hissy fit regardless. The dude tweeted his observation and has watched both camps. My reaction when I read it: “Ok.” Shouldn’t really entail much more than that. We’ll see what happens when the season starts but I’m not gonna wig out for someone tweeting their observations

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You think maybe part of his “mental issues” displayed during the presser had to do with him dreading the 100 questions about things he wasnt going to comment on? I’d dread having to do anything like that too. But it’s better for him and the team to get it out of the way…

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How do you bait rational people into hissy fits?
Twitter/CCS rational people ...not sure those things go together much.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

They were 6th. Keep in mind Fields was top 4 in time to throw at 3.08. So he held the ball too long at times. Not to say the line was good but he has to get the ball put quicker.

No. Only positive tweets & posts about Fields. New forum rule.